Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IAD_flyer
This is a new thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

As of Nov 11, 2020, Meta gebits are getting declined when used for MO/BP purchases at MC/SD. New limit appears to be $99 per swipe. READ the posts below and add a data point with details. USB and GD gift cards do not seem to be affected.

DETAILS:
As of Dec 2019, WM BP in-store is reportedly affected by the $8000 total limit across all cards.
As of Nov 1, 2018, WM Billpay made via the WM app is limited to a total of $8000 total per person to all accounts per rolling 30 days.

Sep 13 2021 : If WM App is updated with no money services , then use the following for Android phone to get the working version.

https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type...ge=1&s=walmart
My working version is 21.12 (21120123)
Fyr : https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/0...n-app-android/

This workaround no longer works.

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register. BP must be done at Customer Service/Returns or at the Money Center in stores that have it.
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.
ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction. ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
CheckFreePay (800) 676-6148. - Look up payments using CC number and time of transaction
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BP by phone number lookup- Once your CFP account is set up, you can add CC. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services. Make sure you get 2 receipts, one from WM and a small one from CFP showing the CC# and Biller name you paid.

WM App - The Money Services works in express lane for Bill Pay.

Receipt tips: If you don't get a receipt and they have to print you one, make sure the CC you paid appears on the printed receipt. If not on receipt, call CFP with the manager to verify there is no payment processing. They can cancel any transactions and pay you in cash right away. If they cancel the transaction and their cash drawer opens, that means they should pay you in cash, if it doesn't open, the money will probably return to your cards. Not sure what happens on the same day? Watch their drawer when they cancel the transaction to see if it opens. If they say the money will return to your DC, make sure to write down the managers name in case it doesn't.

Payments:
Most cc can be paid 5 times by Visa/MC and 5 times by the issuing bank in rolling 30 days with a total of 10. There might be an 8K limit per rolling 30 days starting Oct 2018.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST (Holidays change post day)

Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Choose to pay by Visa/MC card issuer OR by issuing bank - see the 2 sections below.

:-:VISA and MC - card issuer-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:

Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA MASTERCARD
$1.50 next day.

Works:Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
Citi AT&T MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC

Does not work:Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.50 next day.

Works:Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 11PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS, Chase Ink Plus
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Navy Federal Credit Union Visa
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:TD Bank VS - [Source]
Alliant Credit Union Cashback Visa Signature
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid, but they can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Credit Cards - Use for BoA-issued; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)
Works:

BoA Alaska Airlines VisaDoes not work:

BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.

Personal and business CCs
Elan Financial Services
$1.50 next day.

Fidelity Visa
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2018, 7:38 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by iridium
Anyone pay mortgage through Walmart billpay? Does it work with split payments?
You mean using multiple Gebits? You should be able to do four swipes, just like for a MO. I've paid my Wells Fargo Mortgage.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 6:52 am

Location: Los Angeles, CA AA LifetimePLT-2MM; SPG Platinum; HHDiamond
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Originally Posted by vodafone
Two payments made on 7/26 last Thursday, not posted to Amex account yet.

Wait or call ?
Same here. 1 from 7/27, 2 from 7/28, 1 from 7/29 and 1 from 7/30 have not posted as of this morning

AMEX rejecting BP from Moneygram through WM. I just got off the phone with MG and all five of the payments referenced above were not accepted by AMEX. I was issued new reference numbers and told to pick up refunds, net of the $4.99, from WM.

Looks like its over for heavy users of BP to AMEX!

Last edited by Tobster; Aug 1, 2018 at 7:19 am
Old Aug 1, 2018, 8:04 am

I never knew that Amex was a realistic option; $4.99 fee seems excessive.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by Tobster
Same here. 1 from 7/27, 2 from 7/28, 1 from 7/29 and 1 from 7/30 have not posted as of this morning

AMEX rejecting BP from Moneygram through WM. I just got off the phone with MG and all five of the payments referenced above were not accepted by AMEX. I was issued new reference numbers and told to pick up refunds, net of the $4.99, from WM.

Oh man..this is really bad news . i too have 5 MG payments for 1995 to amex still not posted. Getting refund on all these going to be a big hassle . Not sure , how iam gonna walk away with 9.9 k in hand out of walmart.

Yesterday evening all these payments were showing as pending in amex online portal. Today all of them disappeared
Old Aug 1, 2018, 9:02 am

Why exactly would you be losing $4.99 per payment? You paid this fee for a service that was not provided, therefore the service charge does not apply (and WM does not get all of the $4.99 anyway). Secondly, and likely more importantly, despite kingofkingsforu's post quoted below -- there's little reason to believe that it was AMEX that rejected the payments. It would be quite a collusion if other financial institutions decided to reject MG payments on the same day.

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
Oh man..this is really bad news . i too have 5 MG payments for 1995 to amex still not posted. Getting refund on all these going to be a big hassle . Not sure , how iam gonna walk away with 9.9 k in hand out of walmart.

Yesterday evening all these payments were showing as pending in amex online portal. Today all of them disappeared
Can you say more about these payments showing as pending @ Amex? Did you see a green bar saying "your payment is processing and will show in 24-36 hours"? Did you get a "we received your payment" e-mail from Amex?

Last edited by cyberkost; Aug 1, 2018 at 6:58 pm
Old Aug 1, 2018, 9:07 am

Putting so many payments through in short time to one account is a bad idea. It’s like asking Amex please look at my account.
tuphat likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 9:50 am

Location: Los Angeles, CA AA LifetimePLT-2MM; SPG Platinum; HHDiamond
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
UPDATE on WM BP Rejections

I had a friend call MoneyGram this morning to follow up on his 16 outstanding BPs and he was told the MG was cancelling the BP. So, I called back MG and indeed, they cancelled my transactions, as well, not AMEX. So, they have refunded my fees. Not sure why the first rep told me that AMEX was rejecting.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 10:26 am

Right, already got my refund from Walmart yesterday, the 4.99 fee was refunded as well.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by cyberkost
Can you say more about these payments showing as pending @ Amex? Did you see a green bar saying "your payment is processing and will show in 24-36 hours"? Did you get a "we received your payment" e-mail from Amex?
It was showing as processing and will be credited in 24-48 hrs. No email though.

Originally Posted by cashcyclone
Putting so many payments through in short time to one account is a bad idea. It’s like asking Amex please look at my account.
It was for 2 different accounts

I had a friend call MoneyGram this morning to follow up on his 16 outstanding BPs and he was told the MG was cancelling the BP. So, I called back MG and indeed, they cancelled my transactions, as well, not AMEX. So, they have refunded my fees. Not sure why the first rep told me that AMEX was rejecting.
I am yet to call MG. So is it MG rejecting all those payments ? Meaning are we banned from using the service ?
Old Aug 1, 2018, 4:28 pm

Programs: DL, BA, AA
Not surprising that MG is banning these payments. I had a regular MG account that I used to send $50-$100 at a time, small amounts, 4-5 times a year. However, after I sent several WMBP via MG they closed that account, I believe, because of my MG BP to Amex. Since then I have stopped all WMBP via MG.

Its best not to send any more than 4 payments per month per account as it is costly for them to process and can lead to eyes being put on the account.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by worldtravels
Not surprising that MG is banning these payments. I had a regular MG account that I used to send $50-$100 at a time, small amounts, 4-5 times a year. However, after I sent several WMBP via MG they closed that account, I believe, because of my MG BP to Amex. Since then I have stopped all WMBP via MG.

Its best not to send any more than 4 payments per month per account as it is costly for them to process and can lead to eyes being put on the account.
I have probably sent around 15 - 18 payments per month for 2 different accounts for the past 1 - 2 years. I think i need to create a new account with my SO information and try to pay from that. But since SPG is already gone , now worth the time. It would have been better if those last few payments made to the account
Old Aug 2, 2018, 7:11 pm

So went to pick my 5 refunds today. Each store is limited to just 1 transaction and used the money for other CFP bill payment to other cards. I dont know how ur buddy picked up the 16 transactions
Old Aug 3, 2018, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone experienced the MoneyGram Discover Card payments being cancelled too?
Old Aug 4, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I'd just comment that I've been maxing out BP for 6 months now with no adverse effects. I carefully track the 30 days rolling and make a new payment on the 31st day, and I have four cards on which I have a total of 8 payment cycles. (One Visa has 3 distinct numbers, one Visa I pay to the institution and "Visa." one MC I do the same, and a Discover card.)

I know this may change someday of course.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 9:12 pm

how is the "5 payments per 16 digits account per 30 rolling days" rule enforced? Will the system give an error message when exceeds this limit? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.