Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2018, 2:42 pm

PSA... One of my cards that I almost exclusively use with Blackhawk was breached. Someone just tried to make a purchase in France about an hour ago (it got declined). Just keep an eye on your charges. I can't say if it was Blackhawk for sure but it seems like it based on the lack of use for this card for me.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 3:26 pm

Breach

You should be liquidating immediately
Old Oct 7, 2018, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by barrytuneup
You should be liquidating immediately
I meant my CC.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Has anyone every been paid from BF in the form an e-visa gift card? My first payment after waiting 90 days and I can't seem to figure out where to see my card online. Support isn't helpful and basically at the point of writing this one off. I have switched to paypal option for my next two payments, so let's see if they pay out those.

Since many of you guys seem to use TCB, I will start using them from now on.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by Explorer789
Has anyone every been paid from BF in the form an e-visa gift card? My first payment after waiting 90 days and I can't seem to figure out where to see my card online. Support isn't helpful and basically at the point of writing this one off. I have switched to paypal option for my next two payments, so let's see if they pay out those.

Since many of you guys seem to use TCB, I will start using them from now on.
I don't see an option on BF to redeem for Visa egift. Only Visa prepaid which are physical cards. My CB through BF is available within 6 weeks and I always request a direct deposit to my bank. TCB takes much longer to be available and their rate for Visas at GCM is only 0.75% (BF is 1%). TCB has the price match which takes about 2-3 days to get, sometimes the price match takes a week or 2 and you have to do it for every order you place. Since I'm placing orders on GCM almost every day I can't deal with issues like getting my CB corrected and sending emails to the TCB support if not corrected. In my opinion BF is the best.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by Zgirl

I don't see an option on BF to redeem for Visa egift. Only Visa prepaid which are physical cards. My CB through BF is available within 6 weeks and I always request a direct deposit to my bank. TCB takes much longer to be available and their rate for Visas at GCM is only 0.75% (BF is 1%). TCB has the price match which takes about 2-3 days to get, sometimes the price match takes a week or 2 and you have to do it for every order you place. Since I'm placing orders on GCM almost every day I can't deal with issues like getting my CB corrected and sending emails to the TCB support if not corrected. In my opinion BF is the best.
I've gotten the vgc from bf as payout. You get an email with a link to prepaid digital solutions. Once you get it there you can request a physical card for a fee, or keep it as an evgc. I just use them to pay my utility bills since I'm not charged a fee for credit transactions. 2% bonus is better than any earning rate on cards I currently have for utility payments.

Tcb evgc is 5% bonus which is much better. Once gccom pays out I'll likely be requesting a physical gift card with 5% bonus to convert into mo.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:00 am
Suspended

How much is the fee to convert?
Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by beast7276
How much is the fee to convert?
Fixed amount, I think $3? As long as they don't charge shipping you come out ahead including mo fee if your payout is >$77.60 with tcb 5% bonus. You need a >$194 payout with bf and 2% bonus to come out ahead. Both not factoring in the time involved/gas to make a trip to your liquidation method(s).
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by asot550
I've gotten the vgc from bf as payout. You get an email with a link to prepaid digital solutions. Once you get it there you can request a physical card for a fee, or keep it as an evgc. I just use them to pay my utility bills since I'm not charged a fee for credit transactions. 2% bonus is better than any earning rate on cards I currently have for utility payments.

Tcb evgc is 5% bonus which is much better. Once gccom pays out I'll likely be requesting a physical gift card with 5% bonus to convert into mo.
This is what I did. I requested the evgc for the extra 2%, got an email with instructions as follows.

Method: Visa® Prepaid Card† Amount: $71.40

To redeem:
1. Login to your BeFrugal Account
2. At the top-right of the Payments page, click on the My Gift Cards link.
Then once I do these steps, the egifts page shows a button next to the evgc image to "view" it, and then i get redirected to the prepaid digital solutions site homepage. This is where I am stuck. Where do I find the token to access the card on the PDS site?
Old Oct 15, 2018, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Explorer789
This is what I did. I requested the evgc for the extra 2%, got an email with instructions as follows.

Then once I do these steps, the egifts page shows a button next to the evgc image to "view" it, and then i get redirected to the prepaid digital solutions site homepage. This is where I am stuck. Where do I find the token to access the card on the PDS site?
I think just create a log in and it will autofill it? I'm not 100% sure.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 11:28 am

Hi, did anybody have much luck having GCM purchases count towards the AM3X SPG spend offers? looks like Simon purchases don't. I'm not talking about welcome bonuses, this is "spend this much get these many points" bonuses with T&C saying gift cards don't count, as usual. Thanks.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by DjRocket
Hi, did anybody have much luck having GCM purchases count towards the AM3X SPG spend offers? looks like Simon purchases don't. I'm not talking about welcome bonuses, this is "spend this much get these many points" bonuses with T&C saying gift cards don't count, as usual. Thanks.
Dont think so it will count.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by DjRocket
How do you know Simon purchases don’t count? I also received a spend offer for the SPG card (not a welcome bonus) and I have to do the spend by 10/31 so I don’t expect the points to post until after that date. I made purchases on GCM and GiftCards.com.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by dogbyte

How do you know Simon purchases don’t count? I also received a spend offer for the SPG card (not a welcome bonus) and I have to do the spend by 10/31 so I don’t expect the points to post until after that date. I made purchases on GCM and GiftCards.com.
Simon didn't count towards Hilton weekend nights, so I figured AM3X is watching Simon purchases. Are there actual DP's that it counts towards SPG spend bonuses?
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:46 pm

Slow shipping

I got a shipping notification from Oct 28th and it hasn't arrived yet or shown up in Informed Delivery. Time to call or wait longer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.