Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Old May 21, 2018, 12:17 am

Is anyone planning to try GoCashBack? I only came across this portal today. The UI looks similar to TCB, but they don't offer payouts directly into bank accounts, and some menues are in Chinese. Perhaps it's a China-based portal.
I agree though that no new promises of CB for GCM from portals should be considered reliable, until there they're actually paid.
Old May 21, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Originally Posted by MusicalMind
I thought portals don't payout cashback after May 1st for GCM. Can someone confirm this now?
We have to wait until first week of June to see who got their money for any transaction that was made after May 1st
Old May 21, 2018, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Happy
What kind of bonus - a sign up bonus or a spending bonus? Major difference.
Old May 21, 2018, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jsl_313
Do you mind to reveal which card? or PM would be fine.

Thanks.
Old May 21, 2018, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Do you mind to reveal which card? or PM would be fine.

Thanks.
SPG Biz
Old May 21, 2018, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
Tried to use BeFrugal with GCM and it works really well.

It takes a month to post, not bad. Will continue to use it unless there is anything better.
yes but you failed to state these are for MCGC, which are harder to liquidate..unless you have a friendly grocery.
Old May 22, 2018, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by RedSun
Can someone tell me the main difference of GCM, GC and SimonMall? I know the cashback/rebates can be different and the order limits can be different.

I just want to order some VGCs and do not know what amount to order. I'd think I use about $5k to $10 a month just to feed my Serve/BB at DG and Walmart. Do not do MOs since I do not want to mess up my banks. Should I order all the GCs together (each month) to save on the shipping cost?
All come from Blackhawk Network. Simon charges $4 per card, GCM $6, Giftcards.com $7. Shipping tends to be cheaper with Simon but they aren’t in any portals. GCM and Giftcards.com have been before but might not be now (read most of the posts in May for synopsis).

Giftcards.com does have MC that should still work for the portals. If you take your Serve to Family Dollar those May work. As you see at the wiki at the top there’s a way you might get them to work at Wal-Mart...personally it hasn’t worked for me but I’ve only tried twice, both from the same batch of cards, so I need to try again, and it’s worked for others before.

There’s also purchase limits for each: Simon 10 cards ($500 max each) and $2500 total purchase for Giftcards.com. GCM used to be moody and randomly cancel orders though it sounds like that might be getting better.

As for ordering in small amounts or all at once, Yv. Shipping is cheaper if you make large orders, but are you comfortable floating that much at once? Also, it’s debatable because having a $5000 purchase with nothing else on your card but tons of smaller purchases stands out to reviewers, but a similar argument can be made if a larger percentage of your purchases say “Gift Cards” or “Simon Gift Cards”.
RedSun and mwstahly like this.
Old May 22, 2018, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by barrytuneup
yes but you failed to state these are for MCGC, which are harder to liquidate..unless you have a friendly grocery.
no he didn't fail to state that, because gcmall doesn't sell MCGC. What hes failing to state is that the CB hasn't posted yet, its only pending. And Befrugal from previous experiences, will not pay out on what the websites themselves wont pay out on. Its likely they just didn't update their terms when the other portals did. Befrugal is known for screwing over customers and clawing back cashback because they didn't update terms quickly and the company didn't pay them.
Old May 22, 2018, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by hamokmonky
no he didn't fail to state that, because gcmall doesn't sell MCGC. What hes failing to state is that the CB hasn't posted yet, its only pending. And Befrugal from previous experiences, will not pay out on what the websites themselves wont pay out on. Its likely they just didn't update their terms when the other portals did. Befrugal is known for screwing over customers and clawing back cashback because they didn't update terms quickly and the company didn't pay them.
The status shows as verified not pending. And if you click on the terms under each shopping trip they have the terms for that shopping trip and it clearly says visa 1%.
We will know more data point from June 1st or 2 nd week for the payouts.
Old May 22, 2018, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
The status shows as verified not pending. And if you click on the terms under each shopping trip they have the terms for that shopping trip and it clearly says visa 1%.
We will know more data point from June 1st or 2 nd week for the payouts.
verified is not posted, therefore its ill technically pending payout. Also, based on Befrugals history of screwing customers in this case, it still doesn't matter if it pays out a few times, eventually if you keep buying, they will burn you. It doesn't matter what the terms of the portal say, because they say that you don't get paid unless they get paid, and if they aren't getting paid, its only a matter of time. If you haven't been here before with befrugal, then I can understand your skepticism, but take it from some of the more experienced msers who have been around to see this type of situation play out before on befrugal. Its fine if you would order without the portal, if you get paid then great! Bonus! But if you are depending on the portal to make the deal, its not going to end well. Whether it not ending well is june 1st, or if its july 1st, it will eventually happen. I will add last time something similar happened it took several months for befrugal to correct it, but people lost out on a lot of money because it was shown to be "dependable" even after all the other portals shut down
MaxVO and Prometheus77 like this.

Last edited by hamokmonky; May 22, 2018 at 10:30 am
Old May 22, 2018, 6:12 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Understand you guys are saying. But a possible 1% is still better than nothing. I won't order like $10,000 a month yet from it. It is ok to risk $25 or so for a month to see what happens. If it does not pay, just move on.

So far, both purchase bonus got verified. But only payable in about a month.
jsl_313 and mwstahly like this.
Old May 23, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: Simon Malls
I work for a company that sells individual and bulk giftcards. Often times, we have great specials such as Nike, Gamestop, etc. Our current special is buy $50 Aeropostale gift card and receive $10 visa gift card free. PM me for more details.
Old May 23, 2018, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by mwstahly
I work for a company that sells individual and bulk giftcards. Often times, we have great specials such as Nike, Gamestop, etc. Our current special is buy $50 Aeropostale gift card and receive $10 visa gift card free. PM me for more details.
Anything you need to say can be said here in public please.
Old May 23, 2018, 8:28 am

I work for Simon. Yes, we only charge $3.95 for activation of each giftcard. Often times we do have great specials for store specific giftcards such as Gamestop, Nike, Footlocker, etc.
Old May 23, 2018, 8:29 am

I work for a company (Simon Malls) that sells individual and bulk giftcards. Often times, we have great specials such as Nike, Gamestop, etc. Our current special is buy $50 Aeropostale gift card and receive $10 visa gift card free. PM me for more details.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.