Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:07 am

Hope the new improvements - doesnt screw the custom visa rebate :d . Some one post a update on this after the new site change
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:31 am

Maybe they fixed their stupid system that rejects orders for no good reason too.
jsl_313 likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by Superorb
Maybe they fixed their stupid system that rejects orders for no good reason too.
yeah, hopefully they did.

I still can't get an order > 500 to go through on my PO box.

I don't know if it's good news that I received a TCB notification for my order today.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 9:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
Mine too

Yep, new site is awful.

Can you tell if the spend counts towards the annual free night and/or the spend requirement for earning diamond?
Yes it does.

In 5 player mode (spouse, myself, 3 adult children) I have earned 3 free night certs so far from 15k spend on different Amex Hilton Ascend cards. 2 more are close. In my experience the progress bar moves a day or 2 after the charge goes from pending to posted. I have earned signup bonus with 2 different Amex hilton cards (Ascend and Aspire) through GCM.
  • Statement closed on 4/17
  • 4/18 no statement on amex
  • 4/19 visible on Amex showing points earned
  • 4/19 6 am CST no points at Hilton
  • 4/19 7:15 am points visible at Hilton
From this I would infer that despite an individual's report:
  • GCM continues to count for 1)min spend 2)spend towards free nights 3)accumulation of hilton points
ChrisFlyer66 and wanalaugh74 like this.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by lumangoy
yeah, hopefully they did.

I still can't get an order > 500 to go through on my PO box.

I don't know if it's good news that I received a TCB notification for my order today.
I've had the TCB email and then a few hours after ordering GCM cancelled the order.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Superorb
I've had the TCB email and then a few hours after ordering GCM cancelled the order.
today or before they made changes to website?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:26 am

New GCM website updates:
All CCs gone from my accounts which necessitates re-adding them.
New tracking id strings.
Faster reporting to TCB.
Fees and shipping cost no longer factor into the 2% back.
fedechat and Carl Christensen like this.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
New GCM website updates:
New tracking id strings.
Faster reporting to TCB.
Came here to say this. I placed an order about an hour ago and already received the TCB notification. Everything looks good except for the fees no longer tracking as cashback (which it really shouldn't per the terms IIRC). I'm hoping that the GCM website updates fix some of the issues people have had with placing orders or orders getting arbitrarily rejected.
Carl Christensen likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:46 am

New GCM website updates:
New tracking id strings.
Faster reporting to TCB.
Yup what he just said.. they did write back to me on twitter. They said orders are now processed by Nimblebuy. Dunno what that means but my TCB notification came through a lot quicker!
Carl Christensen likes this.

Last edited by wanalaugh74; Apr 19, 2018 at 11:47 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 19, 2018, 12:09 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Some of my saved custom images are gone too.

Orders complete so much faster however!
wanalaugh74 likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:47 pm

How are you getting this 2% back?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
Orders complete so much faster however!
Ordered a batch last night it took 1.5 hours to get my TCB notification... Ordered today with another account and it took 2 hours to get the email. WOW!
Old Apr 19, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Everything taking 1-2 hours to track. Now if only they pay out as fast as gcc then it'd be worth the few cents per card we're losing for shipping and fees not being included in cb
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:02 pm

If the only negative change is the lack of cashback on fees and shipping then I'm fine with that.
wanalaugh74 and jsl_313 like this.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
No more cashback on shipping and fees is not a lot guys, is just 23 cents per $1000 and 22 cents per shipping package, like $4 less in CB per month if you place 2 or 3 big orders per account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.