Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2018, 8:06 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
My stores are friendly to MS. They're happy to open a register and issue the amount I need as long as I fill out the appropriate paperwork. They've given me extras so I fill out everything except the MO # before I arrive. I try to drop by midweek either right after or right before closing time, or on the weekend right before close when they're a lot less busy.
I had one like that but a ... ahem... frustrating CSR took to making a personal objection saying loudly that what I was doing was structuring. I managed to get override from management several times, but after 3-6 months of this resistance from this one individual (sometimes only 1 interaction in a month) I finally found myself faced with that location was not open to doing business with me anymore for MO. Luckily I have another WM and a local Grocery store that I can do MO through. But because of that experience, I am trying to not push as hard. This year likely will be ~300-400k by the looks of it. Oh well. I do this mainly for min spend and then, accruing points on hilton and spg.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
NOOOOOOO

This should be on the wiki. Never call GCM customer service. They can't do anything, they don't know anything, they will give you wrong info.

Never allow yourself to get that message 3 times in 24 hours. If you do, it will likely lock your account for a long time.

If you get that message, try one more time and if the same error, wait at least 48 hours to try again to be safe.

This is advice from someone who had done 500k through them across 1, then 3, and now 5 accounts.
When opening multiple accounts, do we have to use different login, different name and phone# or we can just have different login but same name and phone#?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 6:28 am

it's business as usual this morning.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear
it's business as usual this morning.
2 nights ago, I was able to order, it was very late when my order went through.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Originally Posted by Ultraboost
Officially 11 weeks and TCB still hasn't paid out on my GCM 5B order. Still in the "Confirmed" state.
It used to be 8 weeks, then 9 and now the "Estimated Payable" is officially 10 weeks, just before that it will become "confirmed" and then another week or two to become "payable".

My Jan 3 CB become "confirmed" today (after 9 weeks).
Old Mar 7, 2018, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
I had one like that but a ... ahem... frustrating CSR took to making a personal objection saying loudly that what I was doing was structuring. I managed to get override from management several times, but after 3-6 months of this resistance from this one individual (sometimes only 1 interaction in a month) I finally found myself faced with that location was not open to doing business with me anymore for MO. Luckily I have another WM and a local Grocery store that I can do MO through. But because of that experience, I am trying to not push as hard. This year likely will be ~300-400k by the looks of it. Oh well. I do this mainly for min spend and then, accruing points on hilton and spg.
I've had one such instance with a WM employee. After the nth (probably 5th, 6th) time of them doing this I did the online survey with the receipt number and elaborated on the comments how this one employee was making stuff up to inconvenience me despite management telling them differently several times. I never saw that person again at WM. Might have been a coincidence, might have been the last straw for that person. I do know that negative surveys are paid attention to by store management because it makes them look bad. [Against my better judgment I also protested in front of the manager, looking this cashier in the eye and telling them you always do this and each time pretend like it's the first time you're doing MOs.]

I don't suggest giving negative reviews lightly, but when well deserved they might help more than just you (I bet that person wasn't nice to be around for other WM employees either, just one of those people). Also it's nice to give positive ones here and there, it only takes a couple of minutes and helps everyone in the process, including your MS routine at a particular store.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 3:20 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by lumangoy
with your SSN on it?
So I'm not the only one that doesn't want WM to have my SSN?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Let's try to stay on topic for giftcardmall. There are other threads about buying MO at Walmart and/or other places.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 6:30 am

Is GCM issue resolved - folks able to order VGC again?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 6:45 am

Lately I have been getting a lot of "There was a problem processing your order. Please try again or feel free to contact us for support" issue. And randomly after couple days retries I can purchase the GC.
I still could not figure out the pattern.
Is it just me or GCM has some other "unknown" limit?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 2:11 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Something is definitely going on. My 5B's from December have now been confirmed but not payable for 2 weeks. Never had this before. I'm holding off on new orders until that goes through. It may have something to do with the $30k/limit rules that were implemented in December.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
Something is definitely going on. My 5B's from December have now been confirmed but not payable for 2 weeks. Never had this before. I'm holding off on new orders until that goes through. It may have something to do with the $30k/limit rules that were implemented in December.
same here except one of mine TCB accounts has 1 5B order from morning Dec 19th that is payable. The cutoff seems to happened sometime during 19th. They were flooded with discounted 5Bs orders + cashback in Dec. Most likely losing money on them.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by cashcyclone
same here except one of mine TCB accounts has 1 5B order from morning Dec 19th that is payable. The cutoff seems to happened sometime during 19th. They were flooded with discounted 5Bs orders + cashback in Dec. Most likely losing money on them.
i think it might be the amounts. i have a dec 19th that is sitting in confirmed (over 2500 order), dec 20th is payable (1500) - both 5B orders.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by makelab
i think it might be the amounts. i have a dec 19th that is sitting in confirmed (over 2500 order), dec 20th is payable (1500) - both 5B orders.
You're right. Small order is payable big orders are not.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by p321
Lately I have been getting a lot of "There was a problem processing your order. Please try again or feel free to contact us for support" issue. And randomly after couple days retries I can purchase the GC.
I still could not figure out the pattern.
Is it just me or GCM has some other "unknown" limit?
You are lucky. I haven't been able to purchase on one of my accounts since late January now. I'm convinced now they have some internal ban procedure now not related to IP or anything like that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.