Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:14 am

how to get txt messages from USPS regarding your packages

What is USPS Text Tracking™?

USPS Text Tracking is a mechanism by which customers can be notified of the status of their package. Standard Message and Data Rates may apply. There are now several ways that customers can request Text Tracking:

From your phone:

• Send a text to 28777 (2USPS) with your tracking number as the content of the message. The text reply from USPS will be the latest tracking information for the item.
  • Send a text to 28777 (2USPS) with your tracking number and a keyword. Keywords tell USPS the specific information you want to know, such whether or not delivery has been attempted. See more on keywords under the heading "How do I use keywords?"

From the web site:

After tracking a package on the USPS Tracking® web site you may register to receive Text Tracking on a tracking number by tracking number basis. You may elect one of the following Text Tracking Options on the web site:
  • Expected Delivery Updates
  • Day of Delivery Updates
  • Package Delivered
  • Available for Pickup
  • Delivery Exception Updates
  • All the options above
  • xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional info, visit usps.com.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:36 am

Anyone use UPS when GCM had the promo?

I received notice that my order was suppose to be delivered on 12/28 but it was never delivered on 28th, 29th, or 30th.

UPS website last entry
  • 12/27/2017 7:20 P.M.
  • Destination Scan
  • 12/27/2017 3:09 A.M.
  • Arrival Scan
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by lumangoy
Anyone use UPS when GCM had the promo?

I received notice that my order was suppose to be delivered on 12/28 but it was never delivered on 28th, 29th, or 30th.

UPS website last entry
  • 12/27/2017 7:20 P.M.
  • Destination Scan
  • 12/27/2017 3:09 A.M.
  • Arrival Scan
Are you talking about the promo offering the discount on 5Back cards? I ordered some via UPS and I got them last week.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
Are you talking about the promo offering the discount on 5Back cards? I ordered some via UPS and I got them last week.
Yes.

I called and CSR said they cant do anytbing until thursday, the 9th business day after it ships! They cant even tell me if the card was used!
Old Jan 2, 2018, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy
Yes.

I called and CSR said they cant do anytbing until thursday, the 9th business day after it ships! They cant even tell me if the card was used!
Interesting. Let me know how this turns out for you. I have an order USPS Priority mail that was delivered in right before Christmas to my mail room (use a work address), but I haven't received it yet. I talked to the mail room to let them know I was a little concerned and hope to have more details tomorrow. Anyone else want to chime in on what their experience is like with lost orders? Does GCM just cancel and re-issue? Of course I had to call GCM just to get the tracking number...
Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by cdog999
Does GCM just cancel and re-issue? ...
If you don't receive the shipment in 2 weeks, GCM can direct Blackhawk to freeze the cards. If you get them later, you'll have to email/fax Blackhawk directly with the request to reactivate your cards. If there are still no cards after another waiting period, then you can ask for replacement.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 11:25 pm

In my case they said once the cards were canceled they can't reactivate them anymore but I did not ask Blackhawk directly. I requested cancellation 3 weeks after order (too soon). They refunded the money to credit card 2 weeks later. The cards eventually arrived 4 weeks after I ordered them but to no use. If someone charged GCs before cancellation the case would go through fraud department and it would take longer to recover funds.
VGCs were mailed with free USPS

Last edited by cashcyclone; Jan 3, 2018 at 7:04 am
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by cashcyclone
In my case they said once the cards were canceled they can't reactivate them anymore but I did not ask Blackhawk directly. I requested cancellation 3 weeks after order (too soon). They refunded the money to credit card 2 weeks later. The cards eventually arrived 4 weeks after I ordered them but to no use. If someone charged GCs before cancellation the case would go through fraud department and it would take longer to recover funds.
UPS or USPS priority/first class?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by MaxVO
If you don't receive the shipment in 2 weeks, GCM can direct Blackhawk to freeze the cards. If you get them later, you'll have to email/fax Blackhawk directly with the request to reactivate your cards. If there are still no cards after another waiting period, then you can ask for replacement.
Thanks for the info. My case is a little different in there was tracking with delivery but it was to mail room. Going to wait till I hear from them before I do anything in case it got lost in the shuffle of Christmas mail.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 11:32 am

My case is a little different in there was tracking with delivery but it was to mail room.
Hope it works out with the mail room. This situation is one of the precarious side effects of tracking. When there's indication of delivery, the original sender has the option to abandon responsibility, leaving the intended recipient to fend for themselves. I'd guess though that the mail room should be a low risk to lose your shipment.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 11:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
3 (standard shipping for larger orders) orders placed on 12/21 late pm, received on 1/2.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
That just happened to me on my last shipment as well. Apparently it is a new thing. I called UPS and told them I won't be home when they try to deliver it, and was told I would have to contact the shipper and ask them to lift the restriction. Lame.
So, here is what I found out. Even if you put a vacation hold during the time that it will be delivered UPS will not honor your vacation hold. They will actually go to your residence, attempt to deliver, and leave a note. They will do this 3 times. I talked with customer service and told them that I would be worried that my home might get robbed since people could easily see I was not home. They said there was nothing they could do based on the shipper description. That's more than just Lame.
After UPS attempted to deliver it once, my package was automatically rerouted to a UPS access point (despite the restriction that prevented me from diverting it to a UPS access point of my choice). It was not rerouted to the access point that I selected with UPS MyChoice (but a different one that is closer but less convenient). The note they left on my door said they would attempt to re-deliver it the next day, but the UPS tracking number shows that they took it to a UPS access point because I was not available to receive the package. Whatever, at least I will get my cards (custom visa gift cards)
Old Jan 3, 2018, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Hope it works out with the mail room. This situation is one of the precarious side effects of tracking. When there's indication of delivery, the original sender has the option to abandon responsibility, leaving the intended recipient to fend for themselves. I'd guess though that the mail room should be a low risk to lose your shipment.
Mail room called me back and said they weren't sure. Apparently they sign for a whole cage of shipments at once so who knows if it was even in there. I called GCM and they opened a Case and said I should get a call/email in 3-5 days and the solution will be to refund (they don't replace cards apparently). Now will be interesting if they say anything about it having been signed for...

Interesting thing you noted about how the mail room should be low risk. I've had probably 300+ GC.com purchases go through there without a single issue. Something seems fishy since I only have 2 a month for GCM going through the mail room. As long as it go refunded no foul. Will let everyone know how this turns out.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 3:05 pm

here is a similar issue that involved AGCs lost/stolen after delivery to mail room and it didn't turn out in favor of the OP.

Visa/MC GCs from GCM are delivered activated and can easily be turned to cash for those who know how, so GL to OP.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear
here is a similar issue that involved AGCs lost/stolen after delivery to mail room and it didn't turn out in favor of the OP.

Visa/MC GCs from GCM are delivered activated and can easily be turned to cash for those who know how, so GL to OP.
Thanks. I read it a little differently in that there was a mistake on Amex's part so assuming it got resolved. I'd actually be out more money than that person, so my course of action will be to first let GCM resolve and if they don't then dispute with CC company. The signature on the signed package wasn't mine so I have that documentation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.