Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Old Jan 4, 2018, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by cdog999
... Something seems fishy since I only have 2 a month for GCM going through the mail room. As long as it go refunded no foul. Will let everyone know how this turns out.
I would ask GCM to place a freeze on your cards immediately. The 9 biz days wait is no longer applicable, as the package was already delivered -- just not to you.
A freeze is not cancellation. You can get the cards reactivated if you get them.
But since the cards were delivered and not in your possession, seems like you may be expected to do something as protection from future liability.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
I would ask GCM to place a freeze on your cards immediately. The 9 biz days wait is no longer applicable, as the package was already delivered -- just not to you.
A freeze is not cancellation. You can get the cards reactivated if you get them.
But since the cards were delivered and not in your possession, seems like you may be expected to do something as protection from future liability.
I probably should have asked for that right away, but I'm assuming that would be SOP for them to freeze cards when claiming you didn't receive a package (which I did yesterday).
Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:38 am

I probably should have asked for that right away, but I'm assuming that would be SOP for them to freeze cards when claiming you didn't receive a package (which I did yesterday).
If it's not part of the recorded conversation, it did not happen.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 3:29 am
jk2

I know the purchase limit for one person is 15K. What about household limit? my wife started to purchase as well, and now both me and her having troubles (like cannot checkout). I never had that problem when I was ordering only for me.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by MaxVO
If it's not part of the recorded conversation, it did not happen.
Called this morning and they said once the refund request goes in the cards are automatically blocked so I guess that it good news. My request is currently in process waiting on approval.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 9:05 am

Called this morning and they said once the refund request goes in the cards are automatically blocked so I guess that it good news. My request is currently in process waiting on approval.
I called in yesterday to request an investigation by 2nd level but after reading posts here, I requested for a refund.

I have UPS tracking that it was never delivered to my even though it was scheduled for delivery on 12/28.

I was only saving $25 bucks on the 5B promo vs losing thousands.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by jk2
I know the purchase limit for one person is 15K. What about household limit? my wife started to purchase as well, and now both me and her having troubles (like cannot checkout). I never had that problem when I was ordering only for me.
The $15k limit is per GCM account. That said, I haven't been able to order from any one of my three GCM accounts since last weekend. I get the "Transaction not completed. Please feel free to contact us" error. I wonder if GCM did a sweep of accounts with the same delivery address and froze them. That would be consistent with your problem.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Radster
The $15k limit is per GCM account. That said, I haven't been able to order from any one of my three GCM accounts since last weekend. I get the "Transaction not completed. Please feel free to contact us" error. I wonder if GCM did a sweep of accounts with the same delivery address and froze them. That would be consistent with your problem.
I have the same issue and it started exactly last weekend after I placed a few orders:
  • There was a problem processing your order. Please try again or feel free to contact us for support.
Both my wife and I share the same address with two separate GCM accounts and separate credit cards.
It is so frustrating since the charge actually hits your cc and holds up the balance for a few days.
JCD
Old Jan 5, 2018, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
I have the same issue and it started exactly last weekend after I placed a few orders:
  • There was a problem processing your order. Please try again or feel free to contact us for support.
Both my wife and I share the same address with two separate GCM accounts and separate credit cards.
It is so frustrating since the charge actually hits your cc and holds up the balance for a few days.
JCD

Thanks for the response JCD. Good to know it's not just me. Please let me know if you come up with a solution. Ill do the same.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
JCD
Monthly total for both accounts > 15k?
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy
Monthly total for both accounts > 15k?
Correct, we usually maximize both.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 3:23 pm

I'm still having random problems with "problem with your order" errors after a month and a half of ordering. Tired of spending hours on the phone arguing with idiots. Nothing seems to matter as far as clearing stuff or using another browser. Sometimes it will happen multiple days in a row. Anybody figured anything out?
Old Jan 5, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
I had that issue for a day, but don't have that problem anymore.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL, BA, AA
Orders are being approved or disapproved by computer algorithms which they adjust from time to time. First or second line customer service reps have no real knowledge how it works and are pretty much powerless to help. It doesn't do a lot of good to call.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 5:31 pm

My order today came in a BOX, not the usual priority envelope. It's so nice! 15 envelopes all neatly stacked in a perfect size box. Anyone else have this before?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.