FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1886480-giftcardmall-master-thread-2018-onwards.html)

MusicalMind Dec 28, 2017 11:20 am

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

I'm curious as to which shipping methods you guys choose. USPS trackable mail or UPS ground? Last time back in early December I ordered 15 five back cards using USPS trackable mail. It's indeed trackable. I've been using USPS informed delivery so I got the text message (w/ a tracking number) once the cards were sent out.
I also placed two large orders of five back cards during Christmas promo. Both of them are 19 cards. One was placed on 18th and the other one was on 20th. I paid for shipping using USPS trackable mail since I had good experience last time. Two orders went through and now the status shows shipped for a couple of days now. I still haven't got anything from USPS, i.e. the informed delivery. So I contacted GiftCardMall today for my order's tracking number. The front line customer rep told me she did not have any information regarding tracking number and then I was transfered to a manager. The manager said he could help me escalate it to see if he could get a tracking number.
So my question is, USPS trackable mail on Giftcardmall is actually untrackable at all??? You guys all use UPS ground which is $2 more since it's more reliable then USPS?

skanchur Dec 28, 2017 11:57 am

Orders on the 19th and 20th arrived super fast on the 26th. Regular USPS mailing FTW.

lumangoy Dec 28, 2017 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66 (Post 29223282)
The five-back cards I ordered last week from GCM were shipped from a different place apparently, and UPS is able to send them to an access point for me to pick up at my convenience.

Did your 5Bs start from Denver, CO?

the return address on my 5Bs was still the Reno, NV address.

cdog999 Dec 28, 2017 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy (Post 29223766)
Did your 5Bs start from Denver, CO?

the return address on my 5Bs was still the Reno, NV address.

Here is what I saw:

5 Backs:
MULTI PACKAGING SOLUTIONS
CENTENNIAL, CO, US
No Signature needed, allows UPS Access Point redirect
Came in a UPS Ground envelope

Custom:
ARROWEYE SOLUTIONS
HENDERSON, NV, US
Signature required, no UPS Access Point redirect allowed
Came is a plastic bag

GCM is so inconsistent.

ChrisFlyer66 Dec 28, 2017 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by cdog999 (Post 29224029)
Here is what I saw:

5 Backs:
CENTENNIAL, CO, US

Custom:
ARROWEYE SOLUTIONS
HENDERSON, NV, US
Came is a plastic bag

GCM is so inconsistent.

That's exactly what I saw too.

lumangoy Dec 28, 2017 2:22 pm

Here is what I saw:

5 Backs:
CENTENNIAL, CO, US

Custom:
ARROWEYE SOLUTIONS
HENDERSON, NV, US
Came is a plastic bag

GCM is so inconsistent.

I have no issues with Custom via USPS.Those have consistently required signature.

I havent tried custom via UPS.

I havent received my 5B via UPS.

ChrisFlyer66 Dec 28, 2017 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy (Post 29224309)
I have no issues with Custom via USPS.Those have consistently required signature.

If you aren't home (to provide the required signature) when they try to deliver, will they let you pick them up at the post office?

MaxVO Dec 28, 2017 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66 (Post 29224325)
If you aren't home (to provide the required signature) when they try to deliver, will they let you pick them up at the post office?

USPS leaves a yellow notice, when they can not leave an item requiring signature. Pick up at the P.O. is now the default option on that form. If you prefer another attempt at home delivery, you have to request it either by completing that yellow notice, by phone, or online.

cashcyclone Dec 28, 2017 4:21 pm

All my 5B orders shipped with free USPS came 6 days after order date in yellow envelopes.

geclub1 Dec 28, 2017 9:44 pm

Here is what I saw:

5 Backs:
CENTENNIAL, CO, US

Custom:
ARROWEYE SOLUTIONS
HENDERSON, NV, US
Came is a plastic bag

GCM is so inconsistent.

I paid for USPS priority shipping, but GCM shipped using UPS.
Oddly, they used UPS express envelope, but, but, but, only paid for UPS ground.
Echo "GCM is so inconsistent."

MaxVO Dec 29, 2017 12:58 am

Also, GCM uses free UPS address labels ("for UPS Shipping Only") when sending USPS. Of course, many individuals (including myself) and small businesses use those labels outside of their intended purpose. But it seems rather cheap for a major corporation to go this route. They don't even have the good sense to invest in a paper trimmer and cut off the UPS logo.

Mamibear Jan 1, 2018 11:33 am

I received txt message of delivery tomorrow of an order placed on 12/27. USPS has been reliable for me for delivery of my GCM and GCC orders.

bulletin2007 Jan 1, 2018 5:41 pm

I placed one order (9x$500 5b vgc) on Dec, 7, 2017 and successfully received them. However, when I placed two orders (7x$500 and 8x$500 5b vgc) on Dec 19, 2017, both were cancelled. I believed that I should have 15x$500 quote to reach the $15,000 30-day limit on Dec 19. 2017. Did I make a mistake by placing two orders at the same day?
I placed another order (3x $500) on Dec 30, 2017 but still was cancelled. Does it mean I was blacklisted by GCM?

MaxVO Jan 1, 2018 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 29236548)
USPS has been reliable for me for delivery of my GCM and GCC orders.

No such luck with my local (South FL) USPS logistics. Yesterday I had a package at a local distribution facility ready for delivery. Today I get a tracking update that the package was forwarded to NJ enroute to its final destination. And it's not the first time they've pulled such insane detours costing me 1-2 week delays.
UPS is even worse this year. They don't even ring the door bell anymore, just throw packages near the front door (regardless of any signature requirements).

beachmiles Jan 2, 2018 6:20 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 29236548)
I received txt message of delivery tomorrow of an order placed on 12/27. USPS has been reliable for me for delivery of my GCM and GCC orders.

How Can I get text messages on my GCM deliveries? I use “ my Usps.com “ Informed Delivery, but don’t see the option.thanks for the help.