Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Old Jun 25, 2019, 12:38 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by redtop43
I'm continuing to have problems. It tells me that I have too many gift cards in my cart - not that I've exceeded a 24-hour limit - and deleting cookies or using a private browser doesn't seem to work.

I could "feed my habit" with one $5K order per day, but I can't seem to do that on my primary computer. I was able to do a couple of orders for a single card. I was able to use another computer in the house for a $5K order.

It seems like there's a problem with the website, but the usual workarounds of deleting cookies and/or using a private browser aren't working.

Has anyone had a similar problem, and found a resolution? I submitted a support ticket at GCM.com but that's only slightly more effective than writing to Santa Claus.
Just did 2 orders of $9.5k on 2 different accounts for a total of $38k. All shipped to same address. GCM is BAU for me.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
Just did 2 orders of $9.5k on 2 different accounts for a total of $38k. All shipped to same address. GCM is BAU for me.
hmm let me guess.... using a biz plat?
Old Jun 25, 2019, 3:52 am

I am not trying to exceed the daily limit. I am trying to buy WITHIN the daily limit, but it will not let me because it says I have too many cards in my cart. When in fact I have zero in my cart, and I have tried both deleting cookies and using private browsing mode.

This started when I bought $9K one day at 10AM, and the next day at 11AM I couldn't buy $5K, and tried again several times that day.

I haven't tried using this computer since, but I'm not violating the limit on the other computers either.
I have the same issue and ordered 9K on 23rd and tried 8K on 24th and got the 10K limit message so it seems they have new limits. I waited until today to place the second order. The new limit might be 10K every 2 days.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 12:18 pm

I continue to get the 10K message so I have to wait 2 days to place a second order. Sounds like not everyone is getting that message.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, SWA Companion Pass, United Silver
Apologies if this has been answered, but does the 3% eBates credit card bonus apply to GCs purchased through the GCM eBates portal? That would stack to 4% cash back, which seems far too easy.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by doggiefizzle
Apologies if this has been answered, but does the 3% eBates credit card bonus apply to GCs purchased through the GCM eBates portal? That would stack to 4% cash back, which seems far too easy.
I asked the same question earlier in the noob thread but haven’t received a response. I read the T&C of the card and didn’t find anything that would say no. But it does seem too good to be true.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 9:00 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, SWA Companion Pass, United Silver
Originally Posted by DBFL

I asked the same question earlier in the noob thread but haven’t received a response. I read the T&C of the card and didn’t find anything that would say no. But it does seem too good to be true.
I did some digging and found a relatively recent FM post on it which seemed to confirm it works; downside seems to be Synchrony can be stingy with CLs and cycling. I’ve never had an issue getting approved for a Synchrony card, but I’d hate to waste the hard pull and move back over 5/24.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 10:20 pm

I did some digging and found a relatively recent FM post on it which seemed to confirm it works; downside seems to be Synchrony can be stingy with CLs and cycling. I’ve never had an issue getting approved for a Synchrony card, but I’d hate to waste the hard pull and move back over 5/24.
Thanks for the info.
I’m at 4/24 now and a Chase branch just opened within walking distance from my house. So I’m planning to open both personal and business accounts there this week. Then I’ll get an Ink card (since it doesn’t count against 5/24) and possibly a personal card.
I’d then be able to get the Ebates card. I’ve heard the same about Synchrony being stingy with limits, but I’ve also read that they will do steady CLIs. I believe their max CL is $35k. Seems like it’s worth a shot.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 7:08 pm

I'm having a curious problem. I am buying at simon.giftcardmall.com, and buying large quantities. Two days ago I bought $9K, about $9080 including fees and mailing. They imply there is a limit of $10K per 24 hours. 25 hours later I tried to buy more and got a message to the effect that "The number of cards in your cart exceeds $10000.00, which is the maximum daily value for this deal." I tried again 2 or 3 times that day, and even called GCM, who was absolutely no help. I tried again and it still didn't work. Eventually I tried opening a private browser (incognito mode in Chrome) and was able to place another order for 5K and then one for 4K.

Does anyone know what's going on here? I think there used to be a monthly limit at simon.giftcardmall.com but I don't think there is anymore, and the closest SM is not that close to me, so I'm kinda switching. (If SM does go to $1K cards I might change that.) I did of course check my cart and only had $4-5K in it when placing my order and it was 24+ hours since last purchase.
Were you buying Visa or MC? Are you liquidating via any other means besides MOs?
Old Jul 15, 2019, 7:24 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Apologies if this has been answered, but does the 3% eBates credit card bonus apply to GCs purchased through the GCM eBates portal?
yes
Old Jul 15, 2019, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by Travelz
I continue to get the 10K message so I have to wait 2 days to place a second order. Sounds like not everyone is getting that message.
In my experience their $10K daily limit is more like a $10K 2 day limit

Thanks for the info.
I’m at 4/24 now and a Chase branch just opened within walking distance from my house. So I’m planning to open both personal and business accounts there this week. Then I’ll get an Ink card (since it doesn’t count against 5/24) and possibly a personal card.
I’d then be able to get the Ebates card. I’ve heard the same about Synchrony being stingy with limits, but I’ve also read that they will do steady CLIs. I believe their max CL is $35k. Seems like it’s worth a shot.
you can cycle your credit limit a few times with them, but be prepared for a bunch of fraud department calls. My friend started with only a $6K CL with that card, but after 3 months they increased it to $9K.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by 808traveler
you can cycle your credit limit a few times with them, but be prepared for a bunch of fraud department calls. My friend started with only a $6K CL with that card, but after 3 months they increased it to $9K.

Great! I can deal with some phone calls if they’re going to let me cycle the card.
Only a few more days until I can apply. I’m just waiting for Disco to report since I’m an idiot and let the last statement report with high utilization.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 9:51 pm

Great! I can deal with some phone calls if they’re going to let me cycle the card.
Only a few more days until I can apply. I’m just waiting for Disco to report since I’m an idiot and let the last statement report with high utilization.
I'm not sure if they let everyone cycle the CL... as always YMMV. My friend got away with it several times a month though. They told me they got 300K MR from ebates this last quarter, made me shut up about my measly 60K MR I got lol. Of course, not really a fair comparison since they've got the ebates CC, and I don't (yet).
Old Jul 15, 2019, 10:02 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Sure we all know there are many ways to take on more risks and get away from them, or them all. But more risks have more downside too. Read some of the stories and articles. Everyone can decide if all this is worth it.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by 808traveler
I'm not sure if they let everyone cycle the CL... as always YMMV. My friend got away with it several times a month though. They told me they got 300K MR from ebates this last quarter, made me shut up about my measly 60K MR I got lol. Of course, not really a fair comparison since they've got the ebates CC, and I don't (yet).
Just got approved for the card. It seems they really want you to use the card. Approval came with a temporary credit limit, temporary account number with exp. date and CVV code. If they’re going out of their way to make sure you can immediately use the card, cycling shouldn’t be much of an issue. I guess I’ll find out if that’s even necessary in 7-10 business days when I get the permanent card and find out what my actual credit limit is.
808traveler likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.