Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2019, 9:45 am

anybody try using temp cc number like those one-time use numbers, eg. privacy.com or virtual acc number, to purchase on gcm recently?
any fraud charges after that?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 8:38 am
soy

Programs: various
Is GCM still ok for earning (non-bonus) points with AMEX, or is it impacted by the same issue that Simon has?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by soy
Is GCM still ok for earning (non-bonus) points with AMEX, or is it impacted by the same issue that Simon has?
still ok.
soy and ChrisFlyer66 like this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by LocoBigH
Yeah, when it says "Shipped" it doesn't actually mean it's always been shipped. It could be shipped a couple of days afterwards. It doesn't make any sense and is incredibly frustrating. That's why I always put the date purchased and the card used in the greeting card that the VGC is attached to when doing those orders, so that I can track what has arrived more easily.
Thanks for mentioning this. I have three outstanding orders and the third one arrived today, before either of the others. Looks like this is not an unusual occurrence so I'll sit tight and wait for the rest.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I'm having a curious problem. I am buying at simon.giftcardmall.com, and buying large quantities. Two days ago I bought $9K, about $9080 including fees and mailing. They imply there is a limit of $10K per 24 hours. 25 hours later I tried to buy more and got a message to the effect that "The number of cards in your cart exceeds $10000.00, which is the maximum daily value for this deal." I tried again 2 or 3 times that day, and even called GCM, who was absolutely no help. I tried again and it still didn't work. Eventually I tried opening a private browser (incognito mode in Chrome) and was able to place another order for 5K and then one for 4K.

Does anyone know what's going on here? I think there used to be a monthly limit at simon.giftcardmall.com but I don't think there is anymore, and the closest SM is not that close to me, so I'm kinda switching. (If SM does go to $1K cards I might change that.) I did of course check my cart and only had $4-5K in it when placing my order and it was 24+ hours since last purchase.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:40 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by redtop43
I'm having a curious problem. I am buying at simon.giftcardmall.com, and buying large quantities. Two days ago I bought $9K, about $9080 including fees and mailing. They imply there is a limit of $10K per 24 hours. 25 hours later I tried to buy more and got a message to the effect that "The number of cards in your cart exceeds $10000.00, which is the maximum daily value for this deal." I tried again 2 or 3 times that day, and even called GCM, who was absolutely no help. I tried again and it still didn't work. Eventually I tried opening a private browser (incognito mode in Chrome) and was able to place another order for 5K and then one for 4K.

Does anyone know what's going on here? I think there used to be a monthly limit at simon.giftcardmall.com but I don't think there is anymore, and the closest SM is not that close to me, so I'm kinda switching. (If SM does go to $1K cards I might change that.) I did of course check my cart and only had $4-5K in it when placing my order and it was 24+ hours since last purchase.
Just wonder why you are in such a big rush and can't wait for one more day? Ordering $9,000 + $9,000 25 hours apart and eluding the site limit does not look good. This is not the end of the world or so.....
MaxVO likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
Just wonder why you are in such a big rush and can't wait for one more day? Ordering $9,000 + $9,000 25 hours apart and eluding the site limit does not look good. This is not the end of the world or so.....
First, if I can't order at 25 hours or 28 or 36, what makes me think I will be able to order at 48 hours or 72 or 120? If it's not working, I'd like to know.

Second, I am a major MSer and running out of cards. Since the lead time from order to delivery is 6-9 days, I do need to keep them in the pipeline.

Right now it's been about 18 hours since I placed my order through the private browser, and I'm not trying to go back in and get more until T+24.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 9:45 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

First, if I can't order at 25 hours or 28 or 36, what makes me think I will be able to order at 48 hours or 72 or 120? If it's not working, I'd like to know.

Second, I am a major MSer and running out of cards. Since the lead time from order to delivery is 6-9 days, I do need to keep them in the pipeline.

Right now it's been about 18 hours since I placed my order through the private browser, and I'm not trying to go back in and get more until T+24.
Sure you can do whatever you think it is appropriate. Personally I would not want to push the envelope so hard and get in trouble later on.

Happy MSing!
Old Jun 22, 2019, 3:45 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by RedSun
Sure you can do whatever you think it is appropriate. Personally I would not want to push the envelope so hard and get in trouble later on.

Happy MSing!
You're not going to get into trouble. It's widely known how you can bypass the $10k daily limit. I often do back to back $9500 vgc orders, using only one account, multiple times per week. I may even do 4-6 orders of $9500 all within 5 minutes. It has never caused a problem.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 5:12 pm

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Club Carlson, AA, UA, AS, SQ, AF
Can't seem to get the site to work while out of the country. I keep getting an error screen when I go to the site
Old Jun 22, 2019, 7:25 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by merice107107
Can't seem to get the site to work while out of the country. I keep getting an error screen when I go to the site
I once was not allowed by Stapes to buy online GC while I was out of the country, and a VGC promo came up. Had to scramble to find an open proxy.

Lesson is, use VPN when traveling. You'd be surprised how many financial websites think certain countries are too sketchy to allow access.
merice107107 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 11:19 pm

I'm continuing to have problems. It tells me that I have too many gift cards in my cart - not that I've exceeded a 24-hour limit - and deleting cookies or using a private browser doesn't seem to work.

I could "feed my habit" with one $5K order per day, but I can't seem to do that on my primary computer. I was able to do a couple of orders for a single card. I was able to use another computer in the house for a $5K order.

It seems like there's a problem with the website, but the usual workarounds of deleting cookies and/or using a private browser aren't working.

Has anyone had a similar problem, and found a resolution? I submitted a support ticket at GCM.com but that's only slightly more effective than writing to Santa Claus.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 5:33 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
I'm continuing to have problems. It tells me that I have too many gift cards in my cart - not that I've exceeded a 24-hour limit - and deleting cookies or using a private browser doesn't seem to work.

I could "feed my habit" with one $5K order per day, but I can't seem to do that on my primary computer. I was able to do a couple of orders for a single card. I was able to use another computer in the house for a $5K order.

It seems like there's a problem with the website, but the usual workarounds of deleting cookies and/or using a private browser aren't working.

Has anyone had a similar problem, and found a resolution? I submitted a support ticket at GCM.com but that's only slightly more effective than writing to Santa Claus.
(My bolding)
So if I understand this correctly....(and I am not trying to be combative or confrontational)
You are knowingly violating the T&C's of the website by over-ordering GCs by using various subterfuges to disguise your identity and
you are having a problem doing it
so
you submit a query to the company as to why you are not succeeding in violating their T&Cs (using your tactics)
literally asking them to put human eyes on your less than permitted activities
so
I am simply asking
Why would you do such a thing and screw it up for everyone else who is behaving in the same or similar manner?????
Happy and MaxVO like this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by merice107107
I had same problem when I was out of country.

I remoted in to my laptop, and all is good!
Old Jun 24, 2019, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by radonc1
(My bolding)
So if I understand this correctly....(and I am not trying to be combative or confrontational)
You are knowingly violating the T&C's of the website by over-ordering GCs by using various subterfuges to disguise your identity and
you are having a problem doing it
so
you submit a query to the company as to why you are not succeeding in violating their T&Cs (using your tactics)
literally asking them to put human eyes on your less than permitted activities
so
I am simply asking
Why would you do such a thing and screw it up for everyone else who is behaving in the same or similar manner?????
I am not trying to exceed the daily limit. I am trying to buy WITHIN the daily limit, but it will not let me because it says I have too many cards in my cart. When in fact I have zero in my cart, and I have tried both deleting cookies and using private browsing mode.

This started when I bought $9K one day at 10AM, and the next day at 11AM I couldn't buy $5K, and tried again several times that day.

I haven't tried using this computer since, but I'm not violating the limit on the other computers either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.