Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2019, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP
For the past couple weeks, I have not received the usual order confirmation and shipping confirmation emails from GCM. Has anyone received any confirmation emails from GCM in the past two weeks?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 10:13 pm

BAU for me. Received a shipping confirmation yesterday for an order made 5 days ago.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by jeffeverde
For the past couple weeks, I have not received the usual order confirmation and shipping confirmation emails from GCM. Has anyone received any confirmation emails from GCM in the past two weeks?
check the spam mail. mine goes to spam mail box.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:14 am

Get order confirmation quickly after each order and just got the shipping notice for order placed on Wed.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:36 am

There is another report on reddit of their new B@rcl A+CC being compromised after usint it at GCM on June 3, card locked June 4 and unauthorized charge found on June 5.

I thought that customer was protected by locking their card such that no charge(s) will go through/approved once card is locked; but with the DP, it seems the thief was successful.

Even if I'm not responsible for unauthorized transactions, it would be very inconvinient for me to call to report stolen cards and I dread to think the number of times I have to call to replace my cards if the problem at GCM is not resolved. Will definitely lay low from buying at GCM for now.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 8:22 am
soy

Programs: various
Does Citi virtual card number work at GCM ?
If yes, then it might offer a solution - as per the above report things may not be fixed yet.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: UR, Marriott, AA, WN, Chick Fil A Red
Originally Posted by MaxVO
That's one clever criminal, but the move also makes it easier for investigators to find them. Did you file a police report to get the investigation started?

I didn't file a police report. A friend several years ago tracked down an ID thief himself, gave the identity and address of the criminal to the police, and still nothing was done/further investigated. I don't imagine much has changed since then.
808traveler likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by soy
Does Citi virtual card number work at GCM ?
If yes, then it might offer a solution - as per the above report things may not be fixed yet.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 1:07 pm

Virtual numbers do work on GCM. But the software generating such numbers never has a real time list of currently open accounts. It may be lagging by more than a year, which makes it useless for our purpose. Getting the list updated requires a long and tedious phone call to Citi IT. You have to tell them which numbers to remove and which to add to the list. The task itself creates unwanted attention to the accounts.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:55 am

Just made my first GCM purchase yesterday and went through the ebates portal. Ebates lists the store visit but doesn't have a cash back amount, does it normally take a while for that to populate or did something go wrong?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer
Just made my first GCM purchase yesterday and went through the ebates portal. Ebates lists the store visit but doesn't have a cash back amount, does it normally take a while for that to populate or did something go wrong?
I was about to ask the same here, then I saw my transactions are all tracking as of this morning. Typically it shows up within 1-2 hours, at least it did up to april when I made my last purchase.
808traveler likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 5:14 pm

Ebates will track in 24 hours. It says that on the site. But I stopped using ebates since the they stopped giving the extra 3 % using an Ebates CC =4%. Now they are just like the other portals at 1%. Plus their CC does NOT give 2% so I dont use Ebates card anymore. I have good luck with Citi 2x but only use 5K per monthe. pennfed power cash card is 2% with no problems..Plus Fidelity 2%. So far so good. 3% = not a gold mine anymore but small profit to go along with my OBC cards. You can use the ebates portal for 1% along with a 2% card though.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by barrytuneup
Ebates will track in 24 hours. It says that on the site. But I stopped using ebates since the they stopped giving the extra 3 % using an Ebates CC =4%. Now they are just like the other portals at 1%. Plus their CC does NOT give 2% so I dont use Ebates card anymore. I have good luck with Citi 2x but only use 5K per monthe. pennfed power cash card is 2% with no problems..Plus Fidelity 2%. So far so good. 3% = not a gold mine anymore but small profit to go along with my OBC cards. You can use the ebates portal for 1% along with a 2% card though.
Did I read that correctly, you said the Ebates CC isn't getting the extra 3% going through the ebates portal anymore?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 6:15 pm

Is this recent? It was giving me the extra 3% the end of May.
808traveler likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:26 pm

DoC: GCM confirms data breach

not really a news I guess. With Anthem, Marriott, T-MOBILE, Equifax and this one, I have lost count of how many “free” credit monitoring services I can avail myself of. Total impunity for data breaches.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.