Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2019, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by MusicalMind
I've been ordering from GCM for a couple of months now. I place each order at $1999 in order not to pay any shipping fees. So far I haven't received only one order and was able to get a refund from GCM after 10 biz days. Since the $1999 order does not provide any tracking number, I can only use the USPS informed delivery to see if the order comes in the mail on a certain day. From my experience, this app seems to be very inconsistent with the actual mail I received, at least for GCM orders.

1) Some times I don't see any mailpieces on the app, but I do receive the GCM packages on that particular day.
2) I do see the GCM mailpiece image on the app, but that package does not come in the mailbox on that day, instead, it comes in a day or two later.
3) Most often, the app will say "there are X mailpieces for which we do not currently have images that are included in today's mail." Usually, those mails are from GCM. And the numbers do not always match. From example, yesterday the app says I have 4 mailpieces, but I only received 3. Hopefully, I'll get the other one in the upcoming week.

Anyone else having the same experience with Informed Delivery? It looks like my regular mails are almost always consistent with Informed Delivery app. But orders from GCM are kind of hit or miss.
Yes, same experience. It is not very reliable at all.
Old May 27, 2019, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

delete

Last edited by Happy; May 29, 2019 at 9:04 am
Old May 27, 2019, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zgirl
I have the same experience with informed delivery. My GCM orders don't show up in the informed delivery or I get a message "missing images for 4 mailpieces" and then I find my mailbox empty that day and my envelopes appear 3-4 days later.
Same experiences here. Though the small manila envelope often shows up the same day with the missing image email with occasionally a day or 2 delays. I only order to meet spend on the AA churn hence much smaller size and in less frequency than most here. Now this situation has put a major damper in the churn if the issues are not cleared up soon.
Old May 29, 2019, 3:34 pm

report with recent purchases at GCM.

I've been using GCM before the form hijacking incident and I stored my credit cards in my account. So far I have not had any fraud charges yet. I know that for credit card fraud sometimes it can take months or years for fraud charge to occur so I'm still considering changing all of my cards' numbers.

Also I have never had any success purchasing >500 dollar cards using my citi AA platinum. The max amount that I can purchase is one card with 500 dollars. I always get the error message in the wiki saying that maybe the issuer has denied the transaction. I'm not banned because I can make multiple 500 dollar transactions without any issues. I also have never received any fraud alerts from citi. So as to limit the attention on my account I decided not to call CSR and ask what's going on b/c i did churn multiple AA platinums when they sent out mail offers. Does anyone else also have issues with citi AA?
Old May 29, 2019, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by thierry1129
I've been using GCM before the form hijacking incident and I stored my credit cards in my account. So far I have not had any fraud charges yet. I know that for credit card fraud sometimes it can take months or years for fraud charge to occur so I'm still considering changing all of my cards' numbers.

Also I have never had any success purchasing >500 dollar cards using my citi AA platinum. The max amount that I can purchase is one card with 500 dollars. I always get the error message in the wiki saying that maybe the issuer has denied the transaction. I'm not banned because I can make multiple 500 dollar transactions without any issues. I also have never received any fraud alerts from citi. So as to limit the attention on my account I decided not to call CSR and ask what's going on b/c i did churn multiple AA platinums when they sent out mail offers. Does anyone else also have issues with citi AA?
I use a Citi AA biz to buy $1500 in GCs from GCM and no problemos.
Old May 30, 2019, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by thierry1129
<snip> Does anyone else also have issues with citi AA?
No issue here, also - but I have the Citi AA Exec. My typical order is $2k, and I'll do two 2k orders on the same day. And I've done 10k in-person purchases at a Simon mall with that card.

I suspect it's GCM, rather than Citi. How long have you been buying from GCM? I remember having to slowly ramp up my purchases when I first started with GCM - they were much more restrictive than GCC. As I recall, it took 2 months of several single-card orders a week, before I could go to two and then four and more $500 cards per order
808traveler likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Anyone have a recurring issue with GCM orders "taking the long way home"? I use the free shipping option, and my orders pretty consistently arrive 3-5 days after the shipping notice. But last week I had an order that took 12 biz days to arrive -- a full week after orders placed 2 and 3 days after the delayed order -- and, of course, the delayed order arrived one day after I called to have the order re-issued.

Now I'm in the same situation again, with two missing orders that were placed 15 days ago, while orders place several days later were delivered a week ago. I'm hesitant to be too quick to report a missing order for fear of having them show up the next day, and having to wait another 10 days while the re-order is processed.

I've started tracking both the shipping notification date and the actual postmark date, and it seems like the shipping notification is more of a suggestion that it might ship sometime in the near future. In one recent case, orders placed on the 9th, 10th, and 11th received shipping notifications on the 11th, 12th, and 15th -- but the envelopes were all postmarked the 15th and all arrived on the 18th.
Old May 30, 2019, 11:12 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by jeffeverde
Anyone have a recurring issue with GCM orders "taking the long way home"?
Yes, a lot of people have experienced that with the untracked orders.
808traveler likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 7:26 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; American Airlines Platinum; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jeffeverde
Anyone have a recurring issue with GCM orders "taking the long way home"? I use the free shipping option, and my orders pretty consistently arrive 3-5 days after the shipping notice. But last week I had an order that took 12 biz days to arrive -- a full week after orders placed 2 and 3 days after the delayed order -- and, of course, the delayed order arrived one day after I called to have the order re-issued.

Now I'm in the same situation again, with two missing orders that were placed 15 days ago, while orders place several days later were delivered a week ago. I'm hesitant to be too quick to report a missing order for fear of having them show up the next day, and having to wait another 10 days while the re-order is processed.

I've started tracking both the shipping notification date and the actual postmark date, and it seems like the shipping notification is more of a suggestion that it might ship sometime in the near future. In one recent case, orders placed on the 9th, 10th, and 11th received shipping notifications on the 11th, 12th, and 15th -- but the envelopes were all postmarked the 15th and all arrived on the 18th.
Yeah, when it says "Shipped" it doesn't actually mean it's always been shipped. It could be shipped a couple of days afterwards. It doesn't make any sense and is incredibly frustrating. That's why I always put the date purchased and the card used in the greeting card that the VGC is attached to when doing those orders, so that I can track what has arrived more easily.

Last edited by LocoBigH; May 31, 2019 at 7:26 am Reason: Something weird happened and was attaching random quotes from months ago. Just removed those.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Is it safe to go back yet?

A lot of sites get hacked. The fix um and life goes on. Anyone getting back in the water yet?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 10:59 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by beachmiles
A lot of sites get hacked. The fix um and life goes on. Anyone getting back in the water yet?
Nothing you can do it. Just monitor your account.
beachmiles likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by beachmiles
I've bought about $10.5k in GCs with them since Norton stopped reporting the formjacker, and no new fraud so far.
beachmiles likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 10:55 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Possible GCM Abnormal Activity

Today when I tried to login to GCM, it says my password has been changed to temp and it was sent to my email. But I never received any email from GCM. So I recovered and reset my password.

No breach within GCM. But clearly something was going on.
808traveler likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: UR, Marriott, AA, WN, Chick Fil A Red
Yesterday I received a sign up notice for UPS mychoice, dated shortly after the fraudulent charges related to credit cards used at GCM. I already have a my choice account too, which I set up years ago. I'm assuming that it was set up by someone with the numbers of my now-cancelled cards in an attempt to redirect shipments of orders on the stolen CC away from my house.
808traveler likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by NeGourmand
Yesterday I received a sign up notice for UPS mychoice, dated shortly after the fraudulent charges related to credit cards used at GCM. I already have a my choice account too, which I set up years ago. I'm assuming that it was set up by someone with the numbers of my now-cancelled cards in an attempt to redirect shipments of orders on the stolen CC away from my house.
That's one clever criminal, but the move also makes it easier for investigators to find them. Did you file a police report to get the investigation started?
808traveler likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.