Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2019, 11:38 am

Used GCM over the weekend before news broke that the website has been compromised.

Locked my card yesterday. Today, I have multiple large thousand dollar fraud charges attempted even though my card was locked. It appears only 1 out of 3 fraudulent charges triggered a fraud alert so this a very sophisticated fraud operation going on.

Anyone that's used GCM in the last month needs to lock their cards ASAP. I think most issuers have this feature. If not, I would preemptively just have card number reissued to save time & frustration in dealing with this.
Old May 21, 2019, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BigYellowDog
I spoke to GCM about the issue last night and they were seemingly unaware of an issue...they opened a support ticket..not sure what that will do.

I will add that they appeared to take my call seriously.
Companies pretty much never say "Yes, we know that our website has been compromised" until the lawyers come out with a statement in due time.
Old May 21, 2019, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by brc01
Anyone that's used GCM in the last month needs to lock their cards ASAP. I think most issuers have this feature. If not, I would preemptively just have card number reissued to save time & frustration in dealing with this.
Great idea, especially for Citibank cards. That bank has a history of harassing defrauded customers, and reneging on its protection obligations.
Old May 21, 2019, 1:14 pm

Locked my card yesterday. Today, I have multiple large thousand dollar fraud charges attempted even though my card was locked. It appears only 1 out of 3 fraudulent charges triggered a fraud alert so this a very sophisticated fraud operation going on.
When you say 'lock', does that mean you cannot use the card? How will you purchase on GCM again? Or are you done with using them? Thanks
Old May 21, 2019, 1:27 pm

There's usually a button online to lock and unlock at any time.
Old May 21, 2019, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by wanalaugh74
When you say 'lock', does that mean you cannot use the card? How will you purchase on GCM again? Or are you done with using them? Thanks
Yes, lock/freeze stops any use of the card. On my last order, I met the card's min spend so I'm done with GCM for a while.

Since it sounds like they have no clue what's going on, I doubt we'll know if it's safe to order again from them for several weeks.
wanalaugh74 and 808traveler like this.
Old May 21, 2019, 7:56 pm

Yes, lock/freeze stops any use of the card. On my last order, I met the card's min spend so I'm done with GCM for a while.

Since it sounds like they have no clue what's going on, I doubt we'll know if it's safe to order again from them for several weeks.
in the meanwhile, since GCM is compromised, does anyone know a good alternative? Giftcards.com costs 50% more, so I'd like to avoid them if possible.
Old May 21, 2019, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by terryn
Now that Simon is dead for 2x, does anyone know if GCM
spend counts for 2x MR earning on Amex BBP?
yes and marriott business might still be 4x
Old May 22, 2019, 4:14 am

It would be worthwhile to know if the compromised CC's were "Saved" in the GCM account, or only used without leaving that record. Affected folks please post that info.
If the data warrants, perhaps the cards on the "Saved" list should also be locked, even if not used recently.
Old May 22, 2019, 6:02 am

I have always saved the cards and none of the four cards I have used over the past few weeks has been compromised. Used BF portal. Perhaps a cashback portal has been hacked - just an idea.
Old May 22, 2019, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by MaxVO
It would be worthwhile to know if the compromised CC's were "Saved" in the GCM account, or only used without leaving that record. Affected folks please post that info.
If the data warrants, perhaps the cards on the "Saved" list should also be locked, even if not used recently.
I don't have any cards saved in GCM, but my P2 card had fraud over the weekend. I've been monitoring my CC but so far so good on it. I can't state for a fact that her card was compromised @ GCM as we do use it for reg spend as well, but it certainly was used quite a bit @ GCM.
Old May 26, 2019, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR, SPG, UR
I've been ordering from GCM for a couple of months now. I place each order at $1999 in order not to pay any shipping fees. So far I haven't received only one order and was able to get a refund from GCM after 10 biz days. Since the $1999 order does not provide any tracking number, I can only use the USPS informed delivery to see if the order comes in the mail on a certain day. From my experience, this app seems to be very inconsistent with the actual mail I received, at least for GCM orders.

1) Some times I don't see any mailpieces on the app, but I do receive the GCM packages on that particular day.
2) I do see the GCM mailpiece image on the app, but that package does not come in the mailbox on that day, instead, it comes in a day or two later.
3) Most often, the app will say "there are X mailpieces for which we do not currently have images that are included in today's mail." Usually, those mails are from GCM. And the numbers do not always match. From example, yesterday the app says I have 4 mailpieces, but I only received 3. Hopefully, I'll get the other one in the upcoming week.

Anyone else having the same experience with Informed Delivery? It looks like my regular mails are almost always consistent with Informed Delivery app. But orders from GCM are kind of hit or miss.
Old May 26, 2019, 2:15 pm

FWIW, Norton no longer shows GCM as being compromised (for me).
jtav559 likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by MusicalMind
I've been ordering from GCM for a couple of months now. I place each order at $1999 in order not to pay any shipping fees. So far I haven't received only one order and was able to get a refund from GCM after 10 biz days. Since the $1999 order does not provide any tracking number, I can only use the USPS informed delivery to see if the order comes in the mail on a certain day. From my experience, this app seems to be very inconsistent with the actual mail I received, at least for GCM orders.

1) Some times I don't see any mailpieces on the app, but I do receive the GCM packages on that particular day.
2) I do see the GCM mailpiece image on the app, but that package does not come in the mailbox on that day, instead, it comes in a day or two later.
3) Most often, the app will say "there are X mailpieces for which we do not currently have images that are included in today's mail." Usually, those mails are from GCM. And the numbers do not always match. From example, yesterday the app says I have 4 mailpieces, but I only received 3. Hopefully, I'll get the other one in the upcoming week.

Anyone else having the same experience with Informed Delivery? It looks like my regular mails are almost always consistent with Informed Delivery app. But orders from GCM are kind of hit or miss.
I think it's worth it to pay the shipping fee for tracking for piece of mind. It also allows you to order a lot more than 1999 worth.
ChrisFlyer66 likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by MusicalMind

I have the same experience with informed delivery. My GCM orders don't show up in the informed delivery or I get a message "missing images for 4 mailpieces" and then I find my mailbox empty that day and my envelopes appear 3-4 days later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.