Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by wmy2008
Mine small order finally track, it is almost 24 hours.
same here, they must be batching them out on the back-end.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by jtav559
Ehh, almost.

Correct.

My math:

Usually 4 * $500 VGC
$2000 in cards
$23.80 in fees
Transaction Total: $2024
less: $20 in CB @ 1% of card value
Grand Total: $2004 in outlay
$1996 back from MO's (after fees)
= $8 cost to manufacture 2024 AA miles, $0.00395 per mile.
Isn't there a $10.95 shipping charge thrown in there that you're not accounting for?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:23 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by daddyo_daddyo
Isn't there a $10.95 shipping charge thrown in there that you're not accounting for?
For orders under 2k, no shipping fee.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:02 pm

For orders under 2k, no shipping fee.
Right....but 4 x $500 is NOT less than $2k. Am I missing something here?

Are you doing TWO 2 x $500 orders?

Last edited by daddyo_daddyo; Feb 14, 2019 at 1:28 pm
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:39 pm

Right....but 4 x $500 is NOT less than $2k. Am I missing something here?

Are you doing TWO 2 x $500 orders?
Order one at $499, or 4x 499
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:08 pm

Is there a way to re-order the previous order, like one can do on GC.com? I can't seem to find the re-order button/link.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by cdog999
Anyone know what happens if you refuse shipment on a GCM order? Guessing it will eventually refund, but I've never tried this before.
If you want a refund, you should probably ask for it and coordinate your actions with GCM. The seller has no obligation to read your mind, and could well leave your purchase in limbo. Also, if it gets lost/stolen on the way back to GCM and you didn't ask them to cancel the cards -- you probably have contributed to the damage.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:10 pm

Programs: UR, Marriott, AA, WN, Chick Fil A Red
Is there a way to re-order the previous order, like one can do on GC.com? I can't seem to find the re-order button/link.
I try a new design each time, hoping to find a 2% unicorn again. Switching designs also makes it easier to distinguish if there’s an issue with a card and you get frequent orders.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by NeGourmand

I try a new design each time, hoping to find a 2% unicorn again. Switching designs also makes it easier to distinguish if there’s an issue with a card and you get frequent orders.
Hah may as well try your luck. I put the order date and last 4 of the CC used in the greeting card message. All cards also get labelled with order date on the back.

Black is probably most inconspicuous if you have sketchy cashiers who may be watching for GC.
c2d likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:17 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by littlewinglet

Black is probably most inconspicuous if you have sketchy cashiers who may be watching for GC.
There is a design with an airplane on the front. Looks like a legit DC. Its my go to. Nice Dark Blue Color.
c2d and lstomberg like this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:13 am

There is a design with an airplane on the front. Looks like a legit DC. Its my go to. Nice Dark Blue Color.
I wonder if when you upload your own design, they would still stamp "gift" on it. Otherwise you can make up some fake but legit looking design for an obscure credit union and it'll look like a real bang debit.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:42 am

I wonder if when you upload your own design, they would still stamp "gift" on it. Otherwise you can make up some fake but legit looking design for an obscure credit union and it'll look like a real bang debit.
They do.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:52 pm

If you use a design with black area where "gift" is supposed to go, it will be very easy to cover it perfectly with black sharpie marker (i.e. no issue with color matching when it's black).
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
If you use a design with black area where "gift" is supposed to go, it will be very easy to cover it perfectly with black sharpie marker (i.e. no issue with color matching when it's black).
It probably won't matter to me, my stores are all either cool with anything, or are total a-holes and demand to see a bank owne'd debit card. Even a pre-paid card like Netspend wasn't good enough.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 6:47 am

that's the one I am often ordering too...if you want, you can cut a piece of black border from the sheet the card is attached to and use this piece to cover the word "gift" - it blends in nicely...I also use the message "bon voyage" on the card - most WM cashiers (if they ever inspect the card) would not even know what it means

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.