Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Old Sep 8, 2018, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by asot550
Has anyone found a merchant that sells gc on the five backs? Someone on this list? The Cabela's and Cracker Barrel that I visited did not carry any non-store branded gc.
If anyone did I doubt you would see it mentioned here. Five Backs were a gray train and if anyone still has an MS avenue tied to Five Backs it's a unicorn at this point.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by Prometheus77
If anyone did I doubt you would see it mentioned here. Five Backs were a gray train and if anyone still has an MS avenue tied to Five Backs it's a unicorn at this point.
I saw someone mention cracker barrel in the 5-back thread, but the one I just checked didn't carry any non-store gc. Going to check another one tomorrow when it's more convenient, but I'm not hopeful
Old Sep 18, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: AA EXP
Two accounts at same address

Are there clear data points on how GCM and GC.com handle daily/monthly limits where there are two people/accounts using the same address? And specifically where the two people have different last names? My DW (whose last name is not the same as mine) wants to start doing some low volume MS'ing on a couple CC's that help meet loyalty status.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:19 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by jeffeverde
Are there clear data points on how GCM and GC.com handle daily/monthly limits where there are two people/accounts using the same address? And specifically where the two people have different last names? My DW (whose last name is not the same as mine) wants to start doing some low volume MS'ing on a couple CC's that help meet loyalty status.
The Wiki says:

Monthly Limit is 15K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

$15,000/month is not considered low volume MS. That is $180,000/year. I do not think last names matter. GCM may or may not monitor the addresses. I would not want to risk it. Find other places.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by RedSun
The Wiki says:

Monthly Limit is 15K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

$15,000/month is not considered low volume MS. That is $180,000/year. I do not think last names matter. GCM may or may not monitor the addresses. I would not want to risk it. Find other places.
I haven't had my coffee yet -- was there an answer in there? When GCM implemented the current daily and monthly limits, there was speculation about how that might be applied in scenarios where there was more than one account delivering to the same address. At the time, I was the only person MS'ing in my household, so I didn't follow that topic. Now, my DW wants to do some MS'ing, so it's relevant for me.

As for judgments about what construes low volume - I know someone who has 20k days. That said, if GCM applies the monthly limit to a household, I would consider 7k/mo/person to be "low volume". But I guess it's a matter of perspective
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:29 am

I wasnt even aware there was a 15k rolling month limit. The last 30 days I have ordered 18k and didnt receive any error messages.

Any chance my account could be flagged and banned?

I typically got all the VGC through Simon before trying GCM through BF.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jeffeverde
As for judgments about what construes low volume - I know someone who has 20k days. That said, if GCM applies the monthly limit to a household, I would consider 7k/mo/person to be "low volume". But I guess it's a matter of perspective
Originally Posted by BSpatula31
I wasnt even aware there was a 15k rolling month limit. The last 30 days I have ordered 18k and didnt receive any error messages.

Any chance my account could be flagged and banned?
I think there are already some DPs on GCM limits. Probably you do not want to get banned by GC and GCM. There are other places if you are a high roller, doing $20,000 per day.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
I think there are already some DPs on GCM limits. Probably you do not want to get banned by GC and GCM. There are other places if you are a high roller, doing $20,000 per day.
20k per day??? Yeesh.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 9:16 am

NVRMND

Last edited by Travelz; Sep 24, 2018 at 6:30 pm
Old Sep 27, 2018, 3:17 am
jk2

My order from 9/14 is still not arrived. In the past, packages came quickly. Should I be concerned?
Old Sep 27, 2018, 8:08 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by jk2
My order from 9/14 is still not arrived. In the past, packages came quickly. Should I be concerned?
My last order (earlier this month) took 12 days to arrive.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by lmagnott
with paid shipping?
Old Sep 27, 2018, 3:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jk2
Originally Posted by lmagnott
All my shippings do not take more than one week.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by jk2
9/15 isn't here yet for me either. It said it shipped on the 21st. I'm thinking that I'll call on Monday if no luck by then.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 3:37 pm

My 9/14 was said to have shipped on 9/21. Hasn't arrived yet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.