Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Old May 28, 2018, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FrankMS
Have you checked your spam folder for the password reset email? I have several GCM accounts, all to the same address but with different email addresses. It can't hurt to try another GCM account.
No nothing lands in Spam. Neither Simon reset nor GCM reset ever arrives.

Yes I will try to create another GCM account if that could go thru.
Old May 29, 2018, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Happy

No nothing lands in Spam. Neither Simon reset nor GCM reset ever arrives.

Yes I will try to create another GCM account if that could go thru.
I think it was last month GCM changed the way they processed orders. My previously banned account was able to place orders.
Old May 29, 2018, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lumangoy
I think it was last month GCM changed the way they processed orders. My previously banned account was able to place orders.
My account is never banned. In fact I have never ordered from GCM or Simon online in the past. In a way they are "virgin accounts".

The GCM rep at El Salvador confirmed both email addresses were not banned yet the reset password emails still a no show.

I would give them one more call and then just open a new account with different email address instead.

Update - my old but never used account created in Dec 2016 no longer exists per today's rep. He suggested to register a new account instead. I followed that suggestion but did it from Simon redirect page when placing order. It went thru without hitch. Now is to wait for GCM's "review" on the approval of the order. Citi already shows the order amount as pending.

Update
Got a "Your Order is Approved" email from Simon just now - about 2 hours from initial order. Hopefully the cards will be shipped soon and arrive safely.

Last edited by Happy; May 29, 2018 at 4:55 pm
Old May 31, 2018, 10:33 pm

Post your updates guys regd befrugal CB , if any one bought it on May 1st
Old May 31, 2018, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR, SPG, UR
Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
Post your updates guys regd befrugal CB , if any one bought it on May 1st
My CB from orders placed on Apr 28th and 29th are still pending although est. payable time says May 28th and 29th on Befrugal
Old Jun 1, 2018, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by MusicalMind
My CB from orders placed on Apr 28th and 29th are still pending although est. payable time says May 28th and 29th on Befrugal
Thats concerning man. Have you raised any support ticket ? Keep us posted
Old Jun 1, 2018, 9:38 pm

Programs: Simon Malls
Originally Posted by Superorb
Any way you could guarantee we can get a large amount of VGCs if we're driving out of our way to a Simon mall? I've gotten push back on large purchases so it's not worth my time to get turned down.
If we meet in person I don't see why not. Daily limit for individual sale can't exceed 10k per day including fees. Any time after the first meeting all you would need to do is shoot me a text or email.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 1:11 am

This is the second time that someone has hacked into my US Bank Mastercard gift card. This happens to you guys?

It hasn't happened with any other cards from other banks?
Old Jun 2, 2018, 3:51 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
GCM does not sell USB MC.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by lamscott
This is the second time that someone has hacked into my US Bank Mastercard gift card. This happens to you guys?

I don't know of an online portal that sells USB GCs, afaik they're only sold in b&m stores.

IME buying VGCs from online sites, I have confidence they will not be hacked as easily as the ones bought from store racks that can be tampered easily. IF (big IF), by chance funds are stolen from GCs bought online, it must be an inside job and the thief(ves) can easily be traced by the company since they're the ones activating cards and sending them out.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
They change over time, but atm nearly everything is MB.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear
I don't know of an online portal that sells USB GCs, afaik they're only sold in b&m stores.

IME buying VGCs from online sites, I have confidence they will not be hacked as easily as the ones bought from store racks that can be tampered easily. IF (big IF), by chance funds are stolen from GCs bought online, it must be an inside job and the thief(ves) can easily be traced by the company since they're the ones activating cards and sending them out.
You're right. These two cards with purchased from Brick & Mortar stores.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by lamscott

We're a bit off topic, but here is my opinion.

$500 US Bank MCGCs are sold by my local Ralphs (Kroger) supermarket. I stay away from these because I have read that the USB card numbers can be hacked far more easily than Metas. A friend of mine did have one hacked. I have been told that the card numbering scheme on Metas is far more random and less prone to hacking compared to US Bank cards.

I have purchased $200 MCGCs from Office Depot when they run a sale. These too are US Bank cards. I have not had one hacked to date. But I consider these to be hot potatoes, and I liquidate them as quickly as possible.

To date (and fingers crossed), I've not had any cards purchased online (from GCM, GC.com, or Staples) hacked.

I did have one Sunrise VGC purchased at a local WalMart hacked several years ago. If you purchase a gift card in store, you MUST carefully examine the package to be sure it is pristine. For that one VGC that was hacked, the fraudster did a beautiful job of opening the package and re-gluing it. The clues were (1) there was excess glue inside the package when I opened it and (2) some of the digits on the VGC were scratched out. So I learned (1) open gift card packages purchased in-store immediately and (2) if there is any suspicion of fraud, call the phone number on the back of the card to report it immediately.

MS is enough work as is. I don't need the extra hassle of having cards hacked. That just becomes too much aggravation.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 9:24 am

Any other updates on the cb from befrugal for GCM after May 1st purchases
Old Jun 5, 2018, 1:39 pm

Thumbs up befrugal

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
Any other updates on the cb from befrugal for GCM after May 1st purchases
Yes sir, I have 2 "payable" May 4th 2018 purchases on Befrugal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.