Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by soy
we can.....GCM will not count toward any sort of AMEX bonus.
Didn't know ^, and misread the question.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by soy
I have not seen any other DPs about this. Are you sure?
Old Mar 3, 2018, 11:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Originally Posted by Ultraboost
I have not seen any other DPs about this. Are you sure?
to the contrary, as recently as January, I met minimum spend on four different Hilton cards (Hilton regular upgrade to Hilton surpass end of December and gcm orders placed in Jan ) and the points posted.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy
will GCM deliver to a PO box if I change the billing address to PO box?
were you able to order with the POB addy as secondary addy on your CC?

btw, there were reports of Alliant sending warning letters to certain members whose spending patterns were not compatible to personal card usage. I used it for GCM purchases but never went ham nor cycle the high CL either. I didn't get this warning letter and have continued to use card for GCM purchases; I don't order from GCC because of higher fees and no free shipping.

Therefore, I *think* it's safe to use the card and get rewards for as long as one doesn't go ham, cycle CLs or use it exclusively for buying GCs at online GC merchants. I've also noticed my orders in February were shipped quickly.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 2:25 pm

TCB cashback form discounted 5% back VGC orders from Dec are not being payable yet. Other GCM orders placed later are payable but not 5Bs.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 2:38 pm

My 5B have paid.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
No. I dont know if its GCM and/or @m3x.

My order goes through but gets cancelled a few hours later. I see the pending charges online then it disappears after few days. So it looks like the charges are approved but GCM is cancelling the order.

@m3x said that I must use my new zip code but other online merchants and local gas stations still accept my previous zip code and wont accept my new zip code.

I might just get rid of my 'old' address and try again.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by cashcyclone
TCB cashback form discounted 5% back VGC orders from Dec are not being payable yet. Other GCM orders placed later are payable but not 5Bs.
Same exact issue as well. The ones not payable yet are also larger orders too ($5k+). Hmmm...
Old Mar 3, 2018, 2:54 pm

Paid for me:
$1,000 12/19
Paid 3/1

$1,500 12/20
Paid 3/2

Both shipped 1st Class.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 11:13 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Same for me. I have a dozen orders for $10k up until Dec 19th when the deal ended. Everything else has paid but these still say confirmed. Not sure if it's because I'm way over $30k, or they're just slow on paying those large orders out. I typically have $7500 orders that pay out without sitting as confirmed for over a week, so there's something weird going on with the 5Bs.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear

btw, there were reports of Alliant sending warning letters to certain members whose spending patterns were not compatible to personal card usage. I used it for GCM purchases but never went ham nor cycle the high CL either. I didn't get this warning letter and have continued to use card for GCM purchases; I don't order from GCC because of higher fees and no free shipping.

Therefore, I *think* it's safe to use the card and get rewards for as long as one doesn't go ham, cycle CLs or use it exclusively for buying GCs at online GC merchants. I've also noticed my orders in February were shipped quickly.
I thought Alliant stopped paying CB on GCM/GC orders as of Feb 1?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 8:56 am

I don't think it applied to all since there are others I know whose orders are also on pending status after 2/1. They have not received warning letters, too. From what I've read from bloggers, they sent warning letters to those whom CCC perceived as going beyond what they considered as personal use. IDK what volume they consider as going beyond personal use.

From my records, orders I placed using 3% card after 2/1 are on pending status at GCM. I spread CC usage for orders instead of using just one card. Since they have not gone to payable status, I still have to wait a while till I get paid.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by soy
Well this isn't true at all. In fact, I received a bonus today that included GCM as a large portion of the MSR.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: SWA A-List, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jsl_313
Well this isn't true at all. In fact, I received a bonus today that included GCM as a large portion of the MSR.
I agree that the bonus will still be awarded that includes GCM spend, but isn't the issue somewhat different? You may initially receive the bonus, but you're still subject to having the bonus clawed back due to GCM purchases... If you want to meet the MSR quickly by all means use GCM, but to be on the safe side I'd also meet the MSR with additional normal spend. I've heard too many stories of @MEX clawing back a signup bonus to mess around with GCM, Simon or GC.com to meet MSR.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 12:54 pm

Hey guys - I'm getting the "Error processing the order. Please try again later." Is this something that is site wide or is it specific to accounts? The please try again later seems like it would be sitewide, but I'm curious what you guys are experiencing. Tried it on other browsers and other accounts, still get the same error, so I'm hoping its just the site today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.