Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2019, 4:17 pm

Is anyone else having trouble with their ebates/rakuten 1% going through on GCM purchases? Almost all of my orders this year have required me to go back and manually request the credit. Their system always has a record of me going to GCM through their portal, so it's not like it's not registering anything at all.

I do understand the proper steps to take to make sure there's no other affiliate cookie/referral/code getting in the way. I'm also using a 3rd-party credit card, so all I get is the 1%.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 6:24 pm

I've only done a half dozen orders over the past month or so, but I've had no issues with tracking.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shadow520
Doesn't happen often, but certainly does. In the GCM case, it was 2 mailings of three that were supposed to show up together on the same day. None of them made it that day. One made it a day or two later. Other two never did show up.

I've had various other pieces of mail just not show up. I always go onto the website and report when u don't get what I'm supposed to. My local USPS is slow. They says they are understaffed. Yadda yadda.
So you did see 3 images in your informed delivery on same day, then only 1 showed up a day or 2 later?

I am worrying on my latest shipments - 3 received shipment notices from GCM all on same day Nov 1, but with different time stamps - 1 has the usual 7:05am like all previous notification emails, the other 2 were at 8:14am and 8:30am. I really dont like them being shipped all on same day - that has a potential risk for either GCM or USPS to mess things up.

Today in my informed delivery it said a package has no image - about half of the time GCM envelops would show no image - and that is the shipment from the 8:14am notification email, but in order sequence, it is the next order that should arrive.

Update
No images in Informed Delivery this morning, nor package without image. Hope tomorrow the remaining 2 envelops will show up.

Update 2
No images in today's Informed Delivery email, but the 2 GCM shipments are in the mail box. Just how these 2 not having image scans is beyond me but I am grateful they finally arrive with only a couple days delay from the other shipment shipped on same date.

Last edited by Happy; Nov 6, 2019 at 2:51 pm Reason: Added Update
Old Nov 5, 2019, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by shadow520
I've only done a half dozen orders over the past month or so, but I've had no issues with tracking.
Well, that's far more than me. I think I may have found the problem. It looks like an adblocker browser extension got enabled to run in my browser while in private browsing, not just in normal mode. I'm guessing this adblocker was interfering with the tracking data between the two sites. I've disabled it and will see if that takes care of the problem.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by bobert24
Well, that's far more than me. I think I may have found the problem. It looks like an adblocker browser extension got enabled to run in my browser while in private browsing, not just in normal mode. I'm guessing this adblocker was interfering with the tracking data between the two sites. I've disabled it and will see if that takes care of the problem.
At this point I use Chrome without extensions for all CB portals and Firefox for everything else. Google is just so darn good at tracking its users...
bobert24 likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 10:23 am

So I know Giftcardmall purchases with an AMEX are fine, but I'm curious what the data points are in regards to volume? Does, say, $2K/month trigger RAT investigations, or are they mostly focused on huge volumes?
Old Nov 20, 2019, 1:51 pm

Shipment notifications seem to be unusually slow, almost a week behind. The last order for which I have a notification was Nov.13. How are the experiences of others at this time?
Old Nov 21, 2019, 1:09 pm

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Club Carlson, AA, UA, AS, SQ, AF
Originally Posted by MaxVO
Shipment notifications seem to be unusually slow, almost a week behind. The last order for which I have a notification was Nov.13. How are the experiences of others at this time?
Same here. Also, I never got an order confirmation email for one of my orders. But it shows up on my order history on the website and tracks on the ebates page. I guess we will see if I get a shipment notification for it.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Yes, the last notification of mine is also Nov 13. It is a week behind already on a Nov 15 order that still has no shipment notification.

Originally Posted by merice107107
Same here. Also, I never got an order confirmation email for one of my orders. But it shows up on my order history on the website and tracks on the ebates page. I guess we will see if I get a shipment notification for it.
When was the order placed?

I got order confirmation alright also tracked on Befrugal. But my 11/15 order has not received shipment notification as of 11/21, 6th calendar day from order date. My records show the longest wait in the past was 5 day. Usually it is 3 days after order date.

I called them today and was told the order was shipped yesterday. based on merice's experience, it seems their email system has some problems lately. I probably would not receive notification on this order but the shipment would arrive next week nonetheless.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
I use official order dates from "Account History". But usually orders placed late in the evening (e.g. after 9pm Eastern) are counted by GCM as being placed on the following day.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Club Carlson, AA, UA, AS, SQ, AF
Originally Posted by Happy

I got order confirmation alright also tracked on Befrugal. But my 11/15 order has not received shipment notification as of 11/21, 6th calendar day from order date. My records show the longest wait in the past was 5 day. Usually it is 3 days after order date.

I called them today and was told the order was shipped yesterday. based on merice's experience, it seems their email system has some problems lately. I probably would not receive notification on this order but the shipment would arrive next week nonetheless.
My order that never got the confirmation email was 11/19. Hopefully I'll get a "your order has shipped" email in the next couple of days.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by merice107107
My order that never got the confirmation email was 11/19. Hopefully I'll get a "your order has shipped" email in the next couple of days.
My 11/19 order was placed after 9pm and did get confirmation.

However the 11/15 order still has no shipped notification nor any change in the status online, despite 2 reps told me it was shipped on 11/20 Wed. Not much could be done right now until mid week next week.

Has anyone had this happened to them before, i.e. no shipped notification yet still receive the order?

Update
After noticing the wording under Tracking Number column i.e. "Not Yet Available" versus "na" on those shipped orders, remain "Not Yet Available", despite 2 different reps yesterday told me the order was shipped on 11/20 (yesterday of yesterday), I called GCM this afternoon.

This time the rep is more thorough in checking. He said the order is in the stage of "Ready to be shipped" but NOT "shipped". He explained that when order is "ready to be shipped" the shipment usually goes out the same day or at most the next day. In this case he did see the "ready to be shipped" was dd 11/20, but nothing has changed since then. Shipment has not been made, yet.
He opened a case on it and suggested me to call back on Monday if there is still no Shipped notification.

PS
It is only until yesterday I learned about the distinction of wording under the Tracking column in the Order History of the account -
Orders have been processed and shipped would have only na. (Not applicable if it is standard shipping).
Orders have not yet been shipped would have "Tracking not Available" wording.
My guess is, until the shipped notification has been generated, the wording would remain Tracking Not Available (if standard USPS shipping is used). This could be a handy way to gauge what the status of the order is while waiting.

Also rep can open a case when an order is still in limbo for over a week. When I asked him could he notate the order, he said I was doing it right now, then gave me the case number after he finished. Today's rep agreed orders normally are shipped within 3 business days, longer than that either it is affected by holidays or something else. That is why he decided to open a case on it without my asking.

My goal is to get some documentation on the order when things start deviate from the "norm". I believe this would make it a bit easier should a claim unfortunately is needed later on.

Of course let's hope it is just the delay of shipment nothing else.

Last edited by Happy; Nov 22, 2019 at 12:19 pm
Old Nov 22, 2019, 1:11 pm

last week did 2 GCM orders for 10 cards each at same time. Diff CC. 1 order got shipping conf and tracking. Other order got zero. Both showed up yesterday. Go figure as this has happened many times.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
GCM seems to be getting sloppy. I've been ordering for a few years without issues up until the last 2 months.

On one of my orders last month, I received the usual order # and confirmation via email. However, the email shipping notification never arrived. (Shipping notifications for subsequent orders did come through.) I waited several weeks, but this one particular order never arrived. I checked my credit card statement, which clearly showed the charge. So I phoned, and the phone rep agreed that my missing order had never been shipped. She opened a case. It took several weeks, but ultimately I was offered a refund to resolve this.

That was a first for me. But I now have another order this month that is so far following the same pattern: order confirmation received, no shipment email, subsequent orders have gotten their shipment email. It's still too soon to call, but I am concerned that I might have another order that was charged but not shipped. We'll see...

I gather from the recent posts in this thread that I may not be alone in experiencing difficulties.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The latest cluster seems to start in Mid November.

If it has been a week and still no shipping notification, I suggest you to call. The agent I talked today open a case without my asking. He mentioned about there are several options to resolve this and suggest me to call back if nothing happened by next Thursday. Later he said to call back on next Monday to check on status if still no shipment notification (10 days from order date).
He agreed usually it only took 3 days to process shipment when there is no issue with the CC used, nor design out of stock.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.