Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Old Sep 26, 2019, 1:45 pm

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Club Carlson, AA, UA, AS, SQ, AF
Originally Posted by humbled_thoughts
just cash out the MR.
That was my thought too for the MR, if I ever need the cash over the MR I could schwab plat.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 11:33 pm

Has the credit card fraud associated with gift card mall.com solved? Today I noticed a pending 0 charge from BHN*GIFTCARDS, then an unrecognized charge from ONLYFANS.COM
Old Oct 4, 2019, 12:24 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Originally Posted by merice107107
I have the eb@tes card and have been goig back and forth on whether I should b earning MR or just cash back. You could essentially make $13 per gc through WM with cash back. But I also feel like I could get more value with the 2000 MR earned for each gc.
It doesn't work that way. You can't get MR points in place of the 3%. In fact, you can't get MR points WITH the 3%. If you use the Rakuten card, you can get the 3% cash on the card and 1% cash as normal. If you want MR points, you have to use a different credit card. So your choice is 4% CB, or your card's usual rewards plus 1% cash.

That doesn't mean it's a bad deal. With my Amex platinum card I can get a minimum of 1.5 cents per point by using them for airfare.

I got a $9K credit limit and it hasn't been reduced. However, when I mail in a payment it can take a week to post, and they frequently put a hold even after the payments are posted. Two more major strikes against the card are that you cannot pay it with WMBP and with the WM crackdown on MO's, it's harder to generate cash to pay it. My best CB cards are 2.625%, and of course you can't buy $1K cards at GCM but you can at Simon Malls. So all things considered, the Rakuten card is not a tremendous deal. Good but not great.

Last edited by redtop43; Oct 4, 2019 at 12:30 am
Old Oct 4, 2019, 5:49 pm

multiple cards lost in the mail, funds drains by someone - help

I have just have nightmare. An recent $1500 order ( out of multiple outstanding) that shipped via USPS never received after waiting 2 weeks from the shipping date. immediately called GCM and open an case, two days later received an email say "the cards associated with your order has been redeems and we can neither re-issue nor refund". the order was shipped USPS with no tracking. What is my recourse? I'm filling an dispute with my credit card company but since there is no tracking I don't know how to go about this ? anybody has experienced this?
Old Oct 4, 2019, 7:31 pm

Programs: none
Originally Posted by BWItraveller
I have just have nightmare. An recent $1500 order ( out of multiple outstanding) that shipped via USPS never received after waiting 2 weeks from the shipping date. immediately called GCM and open an case, two days later received an email say "the cards associated with your order has been redeems and we can neither re-issue nor refund". the order was shipped USPS with no tracking. What is my recourse? I'm filling an dispute with my credit card company but since there is no tracking I don't know how to go about this ? anybody has experienced this?
It is frustrating regardless. I had one drained by someone and filed dispute with gcm and got replacement later. In your case, 1st start your case with gcm and write down any name time and response, if no results or they declined to initiate a dispute or investigation, call your credit card company and you will get refund, just maybe take a while. Best wishes.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 7:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by redtop43
It doesn't work that way. You can't get MR points in place of the 3%. In fact, you can't get MR points WITH the 3%. If you use the Rakuten card, you can get the 3% cash on the card and 1% cash as normal. If you want MR points, you have to use a different credit card. So your choice is 4% CB, or your card's usual rewards plus 1% cash.

That doesn't mean it's a bad deal. With my Amex platinum card I can get a minimum of 1.5 cents per point by using them for airfare.

I got a $9K credit limit and it hasn't been reduced. However, when I mail in a payment it can take a week to post, and they frequently put a hold even after the payments are posted. Two more major strikes against the card are that you cannot pay it with WMBP and with the WM crackdown on MO's, it's harder to generate cash to pay it. My best CB cards are 2.625%, and of course you can't buy $1K cards at GCM but you can at Simon Malls. So all things considered, the Rakuten card is not a tremendous deal. Good but not great.
🙄
merice107107 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 8:07 am
Suspended

Aren’t you glad you saved a few bucks on shipping?
Old Oct 5, 2019, 2:00 pm

Liquidate

I have a handful of VGC's left over from GCM purchases with balances less than $5. I tried buying an Amazon gift card with them and sending to myself to liquidate, but I keep getting a message on my amazon order that says, "Payment Revision needed". When I add the card to my payment options, nothing on Amazon comes up for entering the PIN associated with the card. Any tips on what I'm doing wrong?
Old Oct 5, 2019, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by beast7276
Aren’t you glad you saved a few bucks on shipping?
No. i was worried but I thought that's common way the majority of the people on this thread is ordering.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 3:22 pm

Programs: none
No. i was worried but I thought that's common way the majority of the people on this thread is ordering.
Personally I would never pay for shipping when buying from gcm. Again, am not heavy hitter and I only buy 3 or 4 cards per week.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 4:22 pm

... I'm filling an dispute with my credit card company but since there is no tracking I don't know how to go about this?
I think you're following a good process, as you have not received your purchase. The dispute will force BH to investigate and track down the party who received and drained your cards. You should be glad that you did not purchase tracking. In case of theft, tracking results can show delivery -- and thus be detrimental to your case. Tracking was always intended to protect the shipper, not recipient.
Happy, TyPo311 and mySimon411 like this.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by History05
I have a handful of VGC's left over from GCM purchases with balances less than $5. I tried buying an Amazon gift card with them and sending to myself to liquidate, but I keep getting a message on my amazon order that says, "Payment Revision needed". When I add the card to my payment options, nothing on Amazon comes up for entering the PIN associated with the card. Any tips on what I'm doing wrong?
You should be able to add them straight to your Amazon.com balance, as long as you have a minimum $1.50 on the card.
Otherwise, I would take them next time you go grocery shopping, and drain 2-4 at a time.
Good luck!
Old Oct 6, 2019, 10:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist Caesars Wyndham Diamond, MGM Gold
Thursday afternoon I got a reply to a query about the missing 3%. I was told to wait 3-5 days and then write again and send copies of the GCM confirmations. I did that earlier today (Sunday); no reply so far. The GCM confirmations don't show the credit card used though, not even the last 4 digits. However it all matches up to my CC statement of course, and I've gotten the 1% posted.

I"m not buying any more cards now though. TBH the card is not an out-of-this-world deal, especially since it can't be paid at WM with GC's. 3% + 1% cash is not that much better than 2.625% (BOA Rewards) + 100 Amex MR points.
Why cant these be paid with WM bp? Wouldnt generic visa biller work?
Old Oct 7, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Club Carlson, AA, UA, AS, SQ, AF
That's not true in my experience. I've been earning 1x MR and 3x MR on the eb@te$ card for months.

Last edited by ChrisFlyer66; Oct 8, 2019 at 7:28 am Reason: fix quote
Old Oct 7, 2019, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by History05
Go to your account gift card balance then "Reload Your Balance" with the card.
ChrisFlyer66 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.