GiftCardMall Master Thread(2018-19)

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 20, 19, 4:04 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: jeffeverde
Wiki Link
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manu...2017-a-97.html



What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551


Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Aug 13, 19, 5:41 pm
  #1156  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 75
Originally Posted by Burton Codh View Post
I noticed all the recent discussion focuses on Ebates/rakuten, is there an advantage to Ebates over befrugal/Swagbucks/topcashback for those without an Ebates credit card? I know tcb is only .75 on Visa but the other three all seem to offer the same 1c.

Any reason not to hedge your bets by using 2-3 different portals?
If you donít care about the extra 3%, then itís just personal preference. 1% is 1%, doesnít matter who is paying it.
I prefer Rakuten because their portal tracks purchases more reliably (except for the past 2 weeks), and they pay out faster than some others. Plus if you have an Amex card, you can get a Rakuten account that pays out in MR points.
DBFL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 19, 6:57 pm
  #1157  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by barrytuneup View Post
have a 10k CL with Ebates. D 10k 2x month.. Hard to cycle actually as they dont release credit till after at least 7 biz days after payment.
Rad dude!!. Nice freakin work!!!! Question. I'm collecting amex points instead of cash back. Any idea is too much?

Cycling $20k per month would give you 240,000 💳 points.. u think amex would have issues if you were bringing that many points in every few months on the big fat check payout?
Eyesonthepoints is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 19, 8:42 pm
  #1158  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by DBFL View Post

If you donít care about the extra 3%, then itís just personal preference. 1% is 1%, doesnít matter who is paying it.
I prefer Rakuten because their portal tracks purchases more reliably (except for the past 2 weeks), and they pay out faster than some others. Plus if you have an Amex card, you can get a Rakuten account that pays out in MR points.
Thanks, I already get minimum 2% (or more if working on SUB) so it isn't worth it to me to get the Ebates card for an extra 1% while it lasts with the relatively modest spend I do and my overall cc strategy.
Burton Codh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 19, 2:12 pm
  #1159  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 35
Maybe I am pushing too hard. Anyone else seen this popup? According to Synchrony, they are not blocking the order and GCM doesn't seem to be able to tell me exactly what is going on. Have placed orders on the card without changing any of the information:

"There was an error processing your request.
The transaction was rejected by your card issuer or your issuer does not support features we require. Please use another payment method or contact your card issuer for assistance"
flyertalkfrank is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 19, 2:47 pm
  #1160  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by flyertalkfrank View Post
Maybe I am pushing too hard. Anyone else seen this popup? According to Synchrony, they are not blocking the order and GCM doesn't seem to be able to tell me exactly what is going on. Have placed orders on the card without changing any of the information:

"There was an error processing your request.
The transaction was rejected by your card issuer or your issuer does not support features we require. Please use another payment method or contact your card issuer for assistance"

Try a different browser. But seems to me rakuten credit card thinks its fraud. Just call rakuten and tell them it's not fraud and u will be good.
Eyesonthepoints is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 19, 2:48 pm
  #1161  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 22
Sorry I mean rakuten (synchrony bank)
Eyesonthepoints is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 19, 3:54 pm
  #1162  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 39
does anybody know if Amex HIlton Card earn points with GCM vGC purchase?
BWItraveller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 19, 5:06 pm
  #1163  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 429
I used 2 gcm orders to satisfy my SUB for the upgrade offer, the bonus points posted a couple days ago. Online it's says they are counting as 3x for online purchase.
808traveler likes this.
shadow520 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 19, 5:15 pm
  #1164  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 180
Originally Posted by shadow520 View Post
I used 2 gcm orders to satisfy my SUB for the upgrade offer, the bonus points posted a couple days ago. Online it's says they are counting as 3x for online purchase.
did your FNC tracker move also (if you have surpass or biz)?
808traveler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 19, 6:54 pm
  #1165  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 429
If FNC= the free night reward (not familiar with that acronym, I upgraded a dormant hilton card), then yes it did. $3051 spent (had a couple organic charges), 11949 to go.
808traveler likes this.
shadow520 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 19, 7:31 pm
  #1166  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 180
Originally Posted by shadow520 View Post
If FNC= the free night reward (not familiar with that acronym, I upgraded a dormant hilton card), then yes it did. $3051 spent (had a couple organic charges), 11949 to go.
FNC = free night certificate
thank you! Great news. Contradicts recent reports on reddit that GCM wasn't working for Hilton FNC anymore.
808traveler is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread