Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Old Aug 13, 2019, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by DjRocket
one of the three orders now posts 3% for me too, dated 08/07. Interestingly, 08/02 is still at 1%, so seems like they're just catching up. The question now is, do you go all out and take it while you can, as this is probably won't last too long, or do you continue taking measured steps? I know the answer is as good as anybody's guess, but curious about different rationales. I also don't think it's a good idea inquiring about missing GCM missing cashbacks, at least within a week or two, just draws unnecessary attention especially when many people make inquiries.

Completely agree. Dont draw unnecessary attention. IMO And It's of matter of time when this door closes. No one knows though. Well see..
Old Aug 13, 2019, 9:55 am

Nothing to see here; carry on. Thanks to all!
Old Aug 13, 2019, 12:00 pm

been ordering for 2 years with the Ebates card @ GCM. 1% always tracks within hours..3% after 3 days...never a problem. When they switched to rakuten..the GCM portal only showed me 1% CB..and no 3% using the Ebates card. So I stopped ordering. Then after about 3 weeks the 3% plus 1% began appearing again. My 7/27 order tracked as advertised.. 1% plus 3% .My 8/2 order for 9500 only tracked at 1%. So many emails later and copies of GCM order showing the last 4 digits of Ebates card and still getting answers that they are checking. So I assume they will fix in a few days...BUT I feel they will end the extra 3%..Just a feeling tho. AND they take 1 week to refresh your credit limit after payment. Nothing like AMEX
Old Aug 13, 2019, 12:05 pm

one of the three orders now posts 3% for me too, dated 08/07. Interestingly, 08/02 is still at 1%, so seems like they're just catching up. The question now is, do you go all out and take it while you can, as this is probably won't last too long, or do you continue taking measured steps? I know the answer is as good as anybody's guess, but curious about different rationales. I also don't think it's a good idea inquiring about missing GCM missing cashbacks, at least within a week or two, just draws unnecessary attention especially when many people make inquiries.
First of all, the site is mostly fixed. All my GCM purchases have been updated with the extra 3%. A couple other regular purchases still show as an extra 1%, but I’m sure that’ll be fixed soon. There are still some lingering quirks with the site.
Rakuten obviously updated the code for their website and didn’t do a good job.
So I’d say you’re fine making purchases. I will be in a day or two once my CC statement cuts.
As for contacting CS and specifically asking about missing CB from GCM, I don’t see how this would draw extra attention. Rakuten knows exactly what we are doing. They even post purchase limits for GC sites. We aren’t violating the T&C of the site. If an item is excluded, it’s listed under the exclusions for that store, and not even the regular 1% would track. Also, we’re not violating the CC’s T&C since when you look for exclusions it points you to the exclusion clause on the Rakuten site.
This was simply a backend software update gone wrong.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Tectomoc
My 8/3 purchase that we've been discussing just showed as tracking @ 1x, I'm assuming it will update to 3x here within the next couple hours as is usual. *phew*
Are you referring to the Rakuten purchase section of the cash back screen? If so, my order from 8/9 is showing up @1x also with the store as N/A and no little credit card on the regular cash back above.

Edit: Just went back to look, updated correctly to 3% just now.

Last edited by flyertalkfrank; Aug 13, 2019 at 12:49 pm
Old Aug 13, 2019, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by flyertalkfrank
Are you referring to the Rakuten purchase section of the cash back screen? If so, my order from 8/9 is showing up @1x also with the store as N/A and no little credit card on the regular cash back above.
My purchases were reporting that way also. They are now listed correctly. Yours will be too.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 1:02 pm

My listing correctly now. Phew. Ha.

Now that we got that out of the way.

1) How much is too much per month?

2) How many times do you guys cycle credit per monnth?

I know theres a $60,000 per month on ebates website for GCM but theres gotta be some pointers /dp's from you guys to not get shutdown on ebates side and/ or amex side.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by DBFL
Rakuten knows exactly what we are doing. They even post purchase limits for GC sites. We arent violating the T&C of the site...
Do they though? I mean the extent of it? Then why all the worries about killing the deal and blaming bloggers for publishing it. Simon knows exactly what we're doing, which is also why nobody's really concerned about publishing it. Most of the MS practices are not violating T&C, that doesn't mean the site likes what you're doing and won't end the deal.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by barrytuneup
been ordering for 2 years with the Ebates card @ GCM. 1% always tracks within hours..3% after 3 days...never a problem. When they switched to rakuten..the GCM portal only showed me 1% CB..and no 3% using the Ebates card. So I stopped ordering. Then after about 3 weeks the 3% plus 1% began appearing again. My 7/27 order tracked as advertised.. 1% plus 3% .My 8/2 order for 9500 only tracked at 1%. So many emails later and copies of GCM order showing the last 4 digits of Ebates card and still getting answers that they are checking. So I assume they will fix in a few days...BUT I feel they will end the extra 3%..Just a feeling tho. AND they take 1 week to refresh your credit limit after payment. Nothing like AMEX
Have you been cycling CL on it? I understand cycling is not a good idea in general, but I've been doing for a few years now on other cards with no issues, not excessively though. Been doing 2xCL on Ebates. Wondering how far other folks push this one since Synch are not generous with the CL.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 1:19 pm

Do they though? I mean the extent of it? Then why all the worries about killing the deal and blaming bloggers for publishing it. Simon knows exactly what we're doing, which is also why nobody's really concerned about publishing it. Most of the MS practices are not violating T&C, that doesn't mean the site likes what you're doing and won't end the deal.
Yes, Rakuten knows exactly whats going on.
Go to the GCM page on their site and read the exclusions. They specifically list some GCs, but not VGCs. They exclude the $5.95 purchase/activation fee. And they state the monthly limit is $60k. So yes, they absolutely know.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by DBFL

Yes, Rakuten knows exactly whats going on.
Go to the GCM page on their site and read the exclusions. They specifically list some GCs, but not VGCs. They exclude the $5.95 purchase/activation fee. And they state the monthly limit is $60k. So yes, they absolutely know.
Well, the concern here is not Rakuten's 1% cashback part, which is what I believe your site reference talks about. The concern here is Synch bank paying out 3%, THAT part. I hope you're right and the Synch bank knows what's going on too with their cashback affiliate.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:00 pm

Well, the concern here is not Rakuten's 1% cashback part, which is what I believe your site reference talks about. The concern here is Synch bank paying out 3%, THAT part. I hope you're right and the Synch bank knows what's going on too with their cashback affiliate.
But is Synchrony paying the 3%? Or do they have a deal with Rakuten where Rakuten is paying some part of it? Im sure its not the former. Its no different than any of Synchronys other co-branded CCs. Synchrony is getting their cut from the transaction fees, Rakuten is getting their cut from the referral fees, the stores make a profit on the sales.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:10 pm

The simple fact of the matter is there are no hard and fast rules for this sort of thing. Individuals are going to have to assess their own risk tolerance and decide how hard they are comfortable pushing it.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 5:00 pm

ebates

Have you been cycling CL on it? I understand cycling is not a good idea in general, but I've been doing for a few years now on other cards with no issues, not excessively though. Been doing 2xCL on Ebates. Wondering how far other folks push this one since Synch are not generous with the CL.
have a 10k CL with Ebates. D 10k 2x month.. Hard to cycle actually as they dont release credit till after at least 7 biz days after payment.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 5:21 pm

I noticed all the recent discussion focuses on Ebates/rakuten, is there an advantage to Ebates over befrugal/Swagbucks/topcashback for those without an Ebates credit card? I know tcb is only .75 on Visa but the other three all seem to offer the same 1c.

Any reason not to hedge your bets by using 2-3 different portals?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.