Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2019, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by jeffeverde
Getting the 405 error in chrome again.

I've noticed that on the page where you enter the card amount and recipient, if the "Recipient Name" field defaults to lower case, I will get the HTTP 405 error on the next page. If the Recipient field defaults to upper case text (the normal behavior), the order will complete successfully
For me, I tracked it down to the fact I was navigating to the order history page, selecting the card design from there and continuing with the order. If I search for the design instead and go from there, no error occurs.
Old May 15, 2019, 1:11 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by flyertalkfrank
For me, I tracked it down to the fact I was navigating to the order history page, selecting the card design from there and continuing with the order. If I search for the design instead and go from there, no error occurs.
I think that's just coincidental. My standard procedure is to go to the order history and jump to a card design from a previous order - and that normally works. When GCM is being temperamental in Chrome, I've tried going straight to card selection (and clearing cache, and closing the browser, and, and, and) with no success.
Old May 15, 2019, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by danhouston
what's the rejection msg? or the order went thru but later got cancelled?
First time GCM order for $500 went through and was processing on CC. GCM cancelled the order an hour later with an email titled: Attention: There is a problem with your Gift Card Mall order. Actual email “We were unable to process your order. We have refunded you....” Is there any way to fix this? I’ve tried creating new accounts with the same card to no avail.The pinned message has an error message different than my own so I’m not positive it’s the same situation.
Old May 15, 2019, 5:53 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by EdgevilleDungeon

First time GCM order for $500 went through and was processing on CC. GCM cancelled the order an hour later with an email titled: Attention: There is a problem with your Gift Card Mall order. Actual email “We were unable to process your order. We have refunded you....” Is there any way to fix this? I’ve tried creating new accounts with the same card to no avail.The pinned message has an error message different than my own so I’m not positive it’s the same situation.
Need more details. Something wrong with your CC?
Old May 15, 2019, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
The process showed as a pending charge in the chase app and I've had no issues with the card since before or since then. Is this a fraud issue with the credit card or an issue with GCM? What other details do you need. GiftCardMall accepted the order and it was a pending charge on the credit card. Hour later its rejected and I am refunded to the card. I called GCM CSR and was told to check my billing info was accurate which from my research is the default BS response they'll give.
Old May 15, 2019, 6:29 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
VPN?

Originally Posted by RedSun
Did you use a VPN? I've had orders canceled that went through normally after shutting down VPN.
Old May 15, 2019, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by robbert
Did you use a VPN? I've had orders canceled that went through normally after shutting down VPN.
No VPN, no ......., however I was on an Ebates shopping trip for cashback but I'd hope that wouldn't be responsible for the issue. The 5$ from Ebates tracked too so idk what the issue is. I'm considering purchasing one from giftcard.com and at least that way I'll know what link in the chain is faulty.
Old May 15, 2019, 8:10 pm

I am planning to use GCM to fulfill some signup spending requirements of Ink Preferred and Sapphire Reserve cards. Does anyone has experience if GCM spending counts for signup spending requirements for Chase?
Old May 15, 2019, 10:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by creampiggy
I am planning to use GCM to fulfill some signup spending requirements of Ink Preferred and Sapphire Reserve cards. Does anyone has experience if GCM spending counts for signup spending requirements for Chase?
I do.
Old May 16, 2019, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by creampiggy
for Chase, still good; for Amex, not likely
Old May 17, 2019, 10:26 am

Can anyone help me out? Looking to MS for UR points but can't find anything with the bonus points now that GCM is dead. Can someone help me out with a PM
Old May 17, 2019, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jnickell100
Can anyone help me out? Looking to MS for UR points but can't find anything with the bonus points now that GCM is dead. Can someone help me out with a PM
PM sent with super top secret info. Don’t share anywhere.
Old May 17, 2019, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by beast7276

PM sent with super top secret info. Don’t share anywhere.
Don't bother with his PM. I sent you a PM with secret info that is even more super than his. Be prepared to bathe in the sea of rewards that awaits you. Just don't share this super secret info with anyone that might abuse it and get it shut down like random strangers on an internet forum...

Last edited by Prometheus77; May 17, 2019 at 2:44 pm
Old May 17, 2019, 1:39 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

You guys are the genius!! Long live MSing!
Old May 17, 2019, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by Prometheus77
Don't bother with his PM. I sent you a PM with secret info that is even more super than his. Be prepared to bathe in the sea of rewards that awaits you. Just don't share this super secret info with anyone that might abuse it and get it shut down like random strangers on an internet forum...
Understand what you're saying but trust me I'm a very small fish in the MS community, I definitely wouldn't be abusing it. I'm typically MS 3/4k monthly.

Anyways, I still would appreciate help if anyone could

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.