Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by creampiggy
Does anyone know if GCM purchases still count for AMEX Hilton Ascend 40k Diamond requirement?
they did for me end of last year
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by ecatalina
Is there any possible way to split an order on 2 different credit cards?
You can... Place two orders...
Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:01 pm
soy

Programs: various
Per DoC - TCB offering $5 back on purchases at GCM until midnight PT. Should see offer details if you log into TCB account.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:19 am

So, as far as I can see, if you order $1500 worth of gift cards, it's free shipping, but over $2000 and it's not free... Are there any caveats to just placing a bunch of orders for $1500 worth of VGCs? Do I have to wait for one order to ship before placing the next one?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:23 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by stormpelt
So, as far as I can see, if you order $1500 worth of gift cards, it's free shipping, but over $2000 and it's not free... Are there any caveats to just placing a bunch of orders for $1500 worth of VGCs? Do I have to wait for one order to ship before placing the next one?
I order 1500 every other day during the week, so M W F. Not big volume, but i like staying below the radar. No issues after a few months of orders.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by jtav559
I order 1500 every other day during the week, so M W F. Not big volume, but i like staying below the radar. No issues after a few months of orders.
Pretty much the same thing I've been doing, 3-4 a week for about 6 weeks now. No issues so far.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:02 pm

Are the default PINs on the VGCs still the last 4 digits? The most recent post I can find about that is ~4 years old.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by bobert24
Are the default PINs on the VGCs still the last 4 digits? The most recent post I can find about that is ~4 years old.
Yep!
bobert24 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 1:08 pm

Which CCs are you using for this sort of volume?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 1:49 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by pancakeman27
$22.5k per month is really nothing. A lot people have CCs with CL from $30k to $50k. Some even get to $99k.

You can do more if you split to multiple CCs.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:01 pm

1. Barclays AA Silver (60% of the volume is here)
  2. AA Exec
  3. Hilton AMEX occasionally, but that is few and far between. Better value to be had on other VGC sources w/ that card.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:39 pm

1. Barclays AA Silver (60% of the volume is here)
  2. AA Exec
  3. Hilton AMEX occasionally, but that is few and far between. Better value to be had on other VGC sources w/ that card.
Thanks for the info - I'm always curious to learn about other peoples earning strategies - especially with larger volumes. I mostly play the #'s on cashback cards with GCM since I travel cheap, but perhaps I need to get into some loyalty programs.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:04 pm

Thanks for the info - I'm always curious to learn about other peoples earning strategies - especially with larger volumes. I mostly play the #'s on cashback cards with GCM since I travel cheap, but perhaps I need to get into some loyalty programs.
If you don't have status with, or are simply not interested in getting status with a particular airline/hotel, I would say that basic % cash back (Citi Double Cash?), Barclays Arrival, Citi TY Rewards, Chase Rewards, or AMEX MR are the best options for a point collector. You can use them on a variety of travel needs, gives you flexibility to buy what fits your schedule/budget, and you are not locked into any specific airline/hotel program. Each program has some highlights that may make it more beneficial for you, depending on your needs. The signup bonuses for Chase are likely to get you "up to speed" the fastest.

For us who do have status and are captive to a single airline/hotel, the point earning conversation shifts more towards where you have already laid the groundwork for rewards.
daddyo_daddyo likes this.

Last edited by jtav559; Mar 25, 2019 at 3:10 pm
Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:15 am

Yesterday my GCM order arrived without T&C inserts! The shipment looked and felt strangely bare.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:48 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by MaxVO
Yesterday my GCM order arrived without T&C inserts! The shipment looked and felt strangely bare.
I got an order yesterday that had identical cards to ones I got a week earlier. At first I was excited maybe I got the order filled twice, but then realized all the card #s were the same.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.