Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2018, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
What portal did you use? My order from Apr 25 tracked fine on topcashback.
TCB. How long did it take for the cashback to show up, and was it 2%?
Old Apr 27, 2018, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by ecatalina
I placed an order on the 20th and the 25th and neither one has even tracked, let alone what %. Anyone else have this issue or a counter DP?
Bought some on the 23rd and 25th and neither one tracked at TCB. I guess i'm screwed on cb but the orders are processing with GCM. Really hate to see this avenue go away1
Old Apr 27, 2018, 1:32 pm

My order on 4/25 tracked on TCB within an hour, although at 1%. I believe 4/24 was the last day for 2%.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.

it showed up within a couple of hours. At 1%
Old Apr 28, 2018, 6:03 am

I will miss this dearly and I'm surprised this lasted as long as it did. Getting paid $50 for $7500 in VGC before points was a very sweet deal.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 7:44 am

This sure was fun while it lasted. I wonder if they will be back once they don't get any orders.
jk2 and randomdude like this.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 7:51 am

truly, the DYOC 2% hack will surely be missed for volume orders even with the s/h fee;

all good things come to an end, I'm looking forward to the next opportunity : )
Old Apr 28, 2018, 10:44 am

My GCM VGC purchase via BeFrugal tracked very quickly at 1% for an order I placed last night.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear
truly, the DYOC 2% hack will surely be missed for volume orders even with the s/h fee;

all good things come to an end, I'm looking forward to the next opportunity : )
Just out of curiosity, how long was that 2% hack working? I discovered it by accident about six months ago.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 11:00 am

Just out of curiosity, how long was that 2% hack working? I discovered it by accident about six months ago.
I don't know when but I just kept ordering up to the max the portal allowed and drained via AGCs that gave more CBs. I know I've been lucky since many couldn't get into GCM so they had to use GCC.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 11:12 am

I don't know when but I just kept ordering up to the max the portal allowed and drained via AGCs that gave more CBs. I know I've been lucky since many couldn't get into GCM so they had to use GCC.
it was removed from the regular VGC, but the DYOC was still 2%.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 11:37 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
at least since early 2017. That was when regular vgc dropped from 2 to 1. Someone reported the success and I started at that time. It was a somewhat closely held secret for fear of it being shut down as it has been this week.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 12:34 pm

My GCM VGC purchase via BeFrugal tracked very quickly at 1% for an order I placed last night.
Thanks, I just tried Befrugal.

Interestingly enough, after months of ordering, I got an automated call from @M3x.

My initial try was declined, but after I cleared the fraud alert, my order went through.

I did have to speak with someone.

another interesting tidbit, pending charge is now for Giftcards instead of BHN, maybe that's why the fraud alert. it's a new merchant
Old Apr 28, 2018, 2:19 pm

Paging Java Cool Dude!

JCD - you did it last time. Hook us up & get us out of this mess!

Stat

We're bleeding here

Please
Travelz and canyoncar like this.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 6:34 am

Are you saying you used the VGC to buy AGC? Then what?
I remember buying AGC, using those on GCM to buy VGC, then unloading via Kate, earning CB along the way. The good ol days. Then GCM stopped accepting AGC, not like it mattered since AGC cashback eventually became worthless.

Originally Posted by FreakingFlyer
Paging Java Cool Dude!

JCD - you did it last time. Hook us up & get us out of this mess!

Stat

We're bleeding here

Please
x2 Thanks JCD, I'm forever grateful to you- I met many minimum spends through this site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.