Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Old Apr 23, 2018, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by pancakeman27
So cashback discounts don't apply immediately at check out. These cashback discounts usually track on your Lmoney account the same day of the purchase, but are only available to be paid out 4 months later from the date of purchase. As of the website change they only apply to the face value of the card. So the 10% trbo CB is applied to the first $100 and then the normal cashback is applied to the remainder of the purchase. So if you buy a $500 VGC, the first 100 will be at 10% and the remaining 400 will be at the normal cashback rate being offered. This will post in your account and will be payable after 4 months.
Thanks for the explanation Pancakeman27. Between the tracking issues, I read about with cash back portals, and 4 month delay to receive the discount it is almost worth it, to me, to just pay full price to avoid the hassle.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by PoEntre
Between the tracking issues, I read about with cash back portals, and 4 month delay to receive the discount it is almost worth it, to me, to just pay full price to avoid the hassle.
Those are just the issues that can be resolved. The major issues are probably customers getting banned from ordering for many months at a time for unknown reasons, placed orders getting cancelled while the credit line is tied up, and delivery-related issues.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 4:27 pm

wow TCP tracked an hour after placing an order. Hoping this is a new positive feature of the new web design with no negative ones to come.
Gonzoid likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 5:47 pm

Turbo Cashback rate plus the same % as TCB for CVGCs. So $18 total for the order.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:25 am

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1886480-giftcardmall-master-thr

I just called GCM about an order I placed on the 18th, the night before the website was changed and the order has NOT shipped.

It should be ship on the next few days.

Meanwhile, my CC was already charged.

Not a good start to this new website!
Old Apr 24, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
I have an order from the 17th that arrived yesterday. Hopefully your order on the 18th is sorted and arrives soon.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 1:48 pm

GC.com will no longer pay out CB via shopping portals on VGCs. Same parent company as GCM. Hopefully this change doesn't spread.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/giftc...inning-in-may/
Old Apr 24, 2018, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Radster
GC.com will no longer pay out CB via shopping portals on VGCs. Same parent company as GCM. Hopefully this change doesn't spread.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/giftc...inning-in-may/
Also, just realized TCB doesn't give out the rebate on card fee($5.95) anymore. Guessing it's due to new website.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by hickson
Also, just realized TCB doesn't give out the rebate on card fee($5.95) anymore. Guessing it's due to new website.
Yeap, that was discussed above. I optimistically wonder if Blackhawk isn't actively funneling MSers to the new GCM website (now with less cancelled orders, and quicker CB). One can only hope.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:44 am

4/25's custom visa tracked at 1% on TCB... ugh
Old Apr 25, 2018, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Bullchan
yesterday was 2%
Old Apr 25, 2018, 8:08 am

Same here, it's still viable for MSing but who knows how long it will last!
Old Apr 25, 2018, 8:09 am

Okay, what is the optimal order to minimize fees

In light of the gc.com tragedy, I may need to move over to this site, but its been years for me. I noted the advice of starting slow, but once rolling, what is the optimal order to minimize fees/stay under any limits?
Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by cashcyclone

yesterday was 2%
yea i got 2% yesterday.. ill let u know what happens to my order i just placed.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:07 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
‘Sigh, the sky is falling

I just submitted 36k across 5 accounts and they all just tracked at 1% .... ugh!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.