Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by OssianBlue
GCM 4/12 post 4/14 does not show Starpoints awarded on Amex Beta site.
What is the Amex Beta site?
Old Apr 14, 2018, 10:50 am

There's a "Preview New Version" option in the Statements tab that shows points awarded for each purchase. It's been behaving oddly and it is unclear whether it is a reporting issue or evidence of Amex beginning a crackdown on points from manufactured spend.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by OssianBlue
There's a "Preview New Version" option in the Statements tab that shows points awarded for each purchase. It's been behaving oddly and it is unclear whether it is a reporting issue or evidence of Amex beginning a crackdown on points from manufactured spend.
I saw some reports on another forum that organic spend is also not earning rewards. Might just be IT issues.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:07 pm

I checked the Beta website and a purchase I made this month from Starbucks is not showing any points earned.

I also checked my purchases from last month on the Beta website. One purchase from GCM did not show any points earned while the other two did. The statement posted and the points transferred to my account. I am missing points from that one purchase. Maybe it is an IT issue and they will resolve it once other people notify them, but I will probably refrain from any big GCM purchases for now.

Did anyone earn points from GCM on purchases made after 3/30 and the statement already posted?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:21 am

My AMEX HH Ascend Card Statement dated 4/15 did not credit GCM spend for either points or year to date spending.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:07 pm

Does anyone know what happened to GCM.com? i just tried to go there from TCB and google and it takes me to some wierd nimblebuy site. I tried to login but nothing happens. were they hacked?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Wow, you're right.

giftcardmall.com/mygift is working properly. That's the site for changing PIN, registering a card, and checking balance. At the top of the page there is an orange box that says "Get a VISA gift card." That orange box works properly.

But when I tried giftcardmall.com, I got nimble buy.

Oops - after playing around with this for a few minutes, now it seems to be working properly again. TCB is now linking correctly to GCM.

To paraphrase what they used to say on the radio, who knows what evil lurks in the bowels of the Internet?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:18 pm

holy crap.. that was wierd.. .started freaking out that my info was all out there.. yea TCB must have fixed it.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:24 pm

their site has changed.. and all my CC that were saved are gone.. .

well just ordered... the order numbers are now a lot shorter.. not the old 900 digit number HA

Last edited by wanalaugh74; Apr 18, 2018 at 9:32 pm Reason: updated DP
Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by wanalaugh74
their site has changed.. and all my CC that were saved are gone.. .

well just ordered... the order numbers are now a lot shorter.. not the old 900 digit number HA
Yup, all my CCs are gone!
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:07 am

I don;t like the new design.

1. need to click on each order to view order date
2. cant tell if processed
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:12 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Originally Posted by Adirondacker
My AMEX HH Ascend Card Statement dated 4/15 did not credit GCM spend for either points or year to date spending.
Amex Hilton Ascend statement closed 4/17 with 11k MS spend at GCM. Statement shows 33k Hilton points. Hilton account shows +33k points.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by lumangoy
Yup, all my CCs are gone!
Mine too

Originally Posted by lumangoy
I don;t like the new design.

1. need to click on each order to view order date
2. cant tell if processed
Yep, new site is awful.

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
Amex Hilton Ascend statement closed 4/17 with 11k MS spend at GCM. Statement shows 33k Hilton points. Hilton account shows +33k points.
Can you tell if the spend counts towards the annual free night and/or the spend requirement for earning diamond?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
Yep, new site is awful.
On one of the pages, it says they're making improvements....
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
Hopefully it's a one time glitch for me. I have on purchase to see if it posts next month

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.