Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2018, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by lumangoy
has anyone been able to order?

I've tried 3 different computers, my phone, different browser, but the place order button't won't go through.
I have had this issue and I was told it is Flash. This is what I found on a search, but I it didn't work on my chromebook. I waited 2 weeks and it worked again on my iphone.

Change the Flash setting to "always allow on this site"

See if that fixes it.

If not, yell at the website and tell them to modernize to use HTML5 - Flash is being removed from most browsers.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear
I received my AGC from TCB for GCM purchases via UPS instead of regular mail. In the past, they came via regular mail but this time, when I got notice from UPS of a package delivery, I thought it came from AXP but I'm glad my AGC arrived a lot quicker this time, just a week from payout. Waiting for confirmed transactions to reach payable status can be a pain so I cash out with AGC for less than $1K since the 3% overage on up to $970 is well worth to me since I have easy liquidation methods.
Hi Mamibear, it sounds like you have the liquidation process down pat! I'm still at the 4 swipes at WM for MO. Can you pm me which reloadable card you are using??? I'd love to streamline it even more. thanks
Old Mar 27, 2018, 8:57 am

I've tried 3 different computers, my phone, different browser, but the place order button't won't go through.

I think they're blocking by IP. All are using my home IP.

Has anyone been able to order using a VPN or work IP?
Is its the transaction error, back off on your orders for awhile. I got 2 accounts banned somehow starting in late January. I was able to do 7.5k purchases and now I can't even do a 1.5k purchase. I don't think they block by IP as I'm able to get others through using the same IP. I think they just have some algorithm for an account and if you've tripped it your screwed.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:00 am

I think they're blocking by IP. All are using my home IP.

Has anyone been able to order using a VPN or work IP?
I use my iPad and a computer at the local library. It means 2 different computers and 2 different IPs. My orders go through. The only problems I had (the place order was not clickable) was on my iPad using Firefox, then I switched to Safari and the place order button was there. Sometimes I have to use Chrome. There are definitely technical issues on GCM website.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:10 am

I tried chrome, IE, Samsung Internet on my phone. Place Order button doesn't work.

The Flash settings are good.

It must be something they're disabling on their side.

I will try my SO's iPhone.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:21 pm

I was able to order now on the same laptop (in incognito mode) I wasn't able to order earlier.

I really think GCM is disabling that PLACE ORDER button... or they're simpling messing with us!
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:46 pm

I was able to order now on the same laptop (in incognito mode) I wasn't able to order earlier.

I really think GCM is disabling that PLACE ORDER button... or they're simpling messing with us!
Honestly, I think they are just idiots.

Last edited by cdog999; Mar 28, 2018 at 7:57 am
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by cdog999
Honestly, I think they are just idiots. I mean they can't even figure out how to not give out 2% instead of 1% for VGCs lol.
Once u r screwed ( 2 accounts ban) , u guys are making sure others are also screwed , discussing unnecessary things
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
Once u r screwed ( 2 accounts ban) , u guys are making sure others are also screwed , discussing unnecessary things
I still have some working accounts. I'm not saying anything that isn't common knowledge.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 6:49 am

I used to do low volume GCM orders ($3k) and then got banned over a year ago. Then moved to another state and GCM Kroger orders go through fine. I need to do shipping with tracking due to sticky fingers here and cards being shipped already activated. What's the best practice for ramping up and staying in their good graces? Start with a $1k order first?
Old Mar 28, 2018, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by Superorb
... What's the best practice for ramping up and staying in their good graces? Start with a $1k order first?
I recall mamibear reported good results in the past by going directly to the desired order size. Ramping up is not known to help anything.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 8:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
For those with difficulty ordering (order button not working). You aren't waiting long enough.

I am running 5 accounts (5 real family members) and doing around 50k per month spread across those accounts.
  • Use IE
  • On the tab that GCM resides on, watch the icon swirling indicating the page is still loading. Sometimes it sits for 3-5 min.
  • When the order button shows orange ... it still may not be done yet.
  • Go ahead and try clicking. If nothing ... wait longer
  • Leave tab open, come back 2-3 mins later. Try clicking again.
  • Rinse repeat.
  • If after 10 mins or so ( I did wait 10 mins once and then it worked), if no success, then click the payment option (scroll up the screen) reconfirm and progress normally and try again.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 8:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Q: Has anyone looked at, analyzed and pondered the order numbers for orders?

For instance, the orders numbers I receive are in the form of:

(7 digit per/account)-(order# increment tried or success)-(date YYMMDD)
XXXXXXX-0054-180320

I keep a multi-tabbed spreadsheet with a tab for each persons GCM orders (date, amount, received, paid, tracked, order number, Card used, goal/purpose)

One thing I just noticed is that if you try to submit an order and it fails, there is an increment of that middle number (i.e. 0054 above). I was looking at my newest member of the ordering team and wondered why there was a gap in tracked orders.

My spread sheet and login for GCM showed (made up numbers) 0030, 0031, 0033. Where was order 0032????

I then realized that the fraud alert on the brand new amex card for this individual had prevented a successful order (cleared fraud alert and resubmitted within minutes and was successful). However, this account (and other accounts) show that a failed order will increment that middle number.

Perhaps useful info for others.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
For those with difficulty ordering (order button not working). You aren't waiting long enough.

I am running 5 accounts (5 real family members) and doing around 50k per month spread across those accounts.
  • Use IE
  • On the tab that GCM resides on, watch the icon swirling indicating the page is still loading. Sometimes it sits for 3-5 min.
  • When the order button shows orange ... it still may not be done yet.
  • Go ahead and try clicking. If nothing ... wait longer
  • Leave tab open, come back 2-3 mins later. Try clicking again.
  • Rinse repeat.
  • If after 10 mins or so ( I did wait 10 mins once and then it worked), if no success, then click the payment option (scroll up the screen) reconfirm and progress normally and try again.
Thanks, I'll keep this in mind. I guess I'm not patient enough and I just assumed the page has completely loaded.

What color should that PLACE ORDER button be?
Old Mar 28, 2018, 11:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thanks, I'll keep this in mind. I guess I'm not patient enough and I just assumed the page has completely loaded.

What color should that PLACE ORDER button be?
The place order button should be orange. But that in of itself does not mean the website is ready. It is definitely not ready when it isn't orange. But after orange, you still have to wait sometimes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.