Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2018, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by breauxdle
when I click submit order button, nothing happens. Suggestions?
try different browser
Old Jan 26, 2018, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by randomdude
try different browser
worked, thanks. finally found another use for MS edge other than downloading chrome
TyPo311 likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 11:58 am

curious if anybody figured out what's going on with the "There was a problem processing your order..." error. I thought my account got axed, but then waiting a couple of days and placing a small order was fine, then cranked up to $1k, then waited, then placed $2k and the error again no matter what I did (clear cookies, different CC's, browser, etc....) so I thought I was banned for sure, and now OK again. There must be a new rule of some kind. I did wait until the previous order passed the shipment day and I'm way under the limit at this point.... what else is there?
Old Jan 26, 2018, 1:48 pm

I can't figure out the cut off dates GCM uses to compute the rolling $30K, if I base it from calendar month, my records show I've ordered >$30K on one account this month, all accounted for with CB on pending status at TCB. Sometimes, I get the dreaded message something went wrong with order, I just wait a few minutes and re-process the order and it goes through. The last GCC order I've made was in December using the promo code and thereafter, all orders I made were from GCM. I'm not complaining as long as my orders go through, CBs tracked and paid in due time.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
I can't figure out the cut off dates GCM uses to compute the rolling $30K, if I base it from calendar month, my records show I've ordered >$30K on one account this month, all accounted for with CB on pending status at TCB. Sometimes, I get the dreaded message something went wrong with order, I just wait a few minutes and re-process the order and it goes through. The last GCC order I've made was in December using the promo code and thereafter, all orders I made were from GCM. I'm not complaining as long as my orders go through, CBs tracked and paid in due time.
You have a 30k limit? I thought limit was 15k?
Old Jan 27, 2018, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by lumangoy
You have a 30k limit? I thought limit was 15k?
that's what I thought too although I've read reports saying it's total orders of BHN GCs which also includes orders from GCC. I don't know the basis of where the $15K or $30K cap is based (rolling or calendar month), I just order where sometimes I get error messages or immediate confirmation email while other times, I get delayed confirmation email. As long as the CC charges posts and packages arrive at my PO that I put on HFPU (hold for pick up), it's all good.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 7:34 am

that's what I thought too although I've read reports saying it's total orders of BHN GCs which also includes orders from GCC. I don't know the basis of where the $15K or $30K cap is based (rolling or calendar month), I just order where sometimes I get error messages or immediate confirmation email while other times, I get delayed confirmation email. As long as the CC charges posts and packages arrive at my PO that I put on HFPU (hold for pick up), it's all good.
its definitely 15k at least with GCM. I forgot I was a little under 15k and tried to place an order and it wont let me place it because I will be over the limit.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 5:27 pm

There's definitely a $15k purchase cap (excluding fees) per rolling 30 days per GCM account. GCM clearly states such when you try and exceed that.

Are you referring to the new $30k limit in TCB cashback instead?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 10:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Does GCM call to verify everyone an order is placed? How about for first order
Old Jan 28, 2018, 11:09 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by happyvoid
Does GCM call to verify everyone an order is placed? How about for first order
They don't call on every order. They often call on your first order, and occasionally on other orders.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by DjRocket
curious if anybody figured out what's going on with the "There was a problem processing your order..." error. I thought my account got axed, but then waiting a couple of days and placing a small order was fine, then cranked up to $1k, then waited, then placed $2k and the error again no matter what I did (clear cookies, different CC's, browser, etc....) so I thought I was banned for sure, and now OK again. There must be a new rule of some kind. I did wait until the previous order passed the shipment day and I'm way under the limit at this point.... what else is there?
Started getting the error again. This time tried bypassing the TCB portal, thinking GCM started limiting how many portal purchases one can make. Nope, didn't make a difference, not the browser or cookies either. Tried a different image too. Would like to hear any DP's from anybody experiencing similar issues. Thanks.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by DjRocket
Started getting the error again. This time tried bypassing the TCB portal, thinking GCM started limiting how many portal purchases one can make. Nope, didn't make a difference, not the browser or cookies either. Tried a different image too. Would like to hear any DP's from anybody experiencing similar issues. Thanks.
My first order since 1/25 is not going through.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:56 pm

I tried the five back order a couple of weeks ago and tried unsuccessfully 3 or 4 times util it ate up my credit line with my credit card on GCM via TCB. I just placed an order today for a smaller amount and received the approval email shortly after. About 10 minutes after the approval email, I received the cancellation email from GCM with the Blackhawk literature at the bottom. I take it I'm on the naughty list and the best I can do with GCM is just to wait 3 full months before trying again and in the mean time give GC.com a whirl(?), I haven't used them in a while.

ETA- One thing I noticed was that on GCC, the mastercard's are going for 1.25% via TCB and the Visas are still 1%, should I go with MCGC on GCC or are there issues with the MCGC?

Last edited by DeltaNeutral28; Jan 29, 2018 at 1:04 pm
Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:22 pm

I haven't been able to get any orders through yesterday and today either. Perhaps it's cyclical for GCM to reject orders, e.g. when they're backed up. Can anyone provide a DP to the contrary, so I can put this theory to rest?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
I haven't been able to get any orders through yesterday and today either. Perhaps it's cyclical for GCM to reject orders, e.g. when they're backed up. Can anyone provide a DP to the contrary, so I can put this theory to rest?
Just to clarify, mine went through today after a month off, and then was cancelled ten minutes later via email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.