MGC at Sam's Club(2018)

Reply

Old Sep 4, 18, 7:43 am
  #106  
CDO
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 355
Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu View Post
can we make a payment to us using plastiq ?
Ime if you can provide documentation as to the payment request you should be fine.
CDO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 18, 1:25 pm
  #107  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 306
DOSH is at it again. 5% cashback, $20 max ($400 spend), in-store only.

I still have a handful of cards from the 10% deal that I'm having trouble liquidating, so I'll probably give this one a pass. But it's there if anyone else wants it.
.
Klemhuzzah is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 18, 9:06 pm
  #108  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NYC
Programs: DL Silver, Hilton Diamond, Starriott Plat, Hyatt FreeBottleofWaterist
Posts: 7,563
Originally Posted by Klemhuzzah View Post
DOSH is at it again. 5% cashback, $20 max ($400 spend), in-store only.

I still have a handful of cards from the 10% deal that I'm having trouble liquidating, so I'll probably give this one a pass. But it's there if anyone else wants it.
.
I'm steering clear of this until Q4 when the Freedom 5x is live. I'd bet Dosh will be back with another promo at that time.
krazykanuck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 18, 9:36 am
  #109  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 233
Originally Posted by krazykanuck View Post
I'm steering clear of this until Q4 when the Freedom 5x is live. I'd bet Dosh will be back with another promo at that time.
Good point, may follow your lead!
EL3V3N is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 18, 12:02 pm
  #110  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: JRF
Programs: Marriott Titanium, United Silver, National Executive
Posts: 1,028
On a recent Sam's trip, accidentally came across leftover birthday MCGCs up to $500, tried to check out and was told the item can't be sold anymore. When the associate came back to tell me this they brought some other MCGCs to choose from, and I bought $250s in the plain design. Also noticed the associate had the plain design in old packaging that says up to $500, but in the moment I forgot to ask about it. Are those also discontinued just like the birthday up to $500s?
msp3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 18, 9:08 pm
  #111  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 306
Yeah, they're all discontinued. The cashier can try, but the POS will stop if for any amount over $250. AFAIK, you can still buy the variables that say $20-$500, you just can't put more than $250 on it. But it doesn't hurt to try
msp3 likes this.
Klemhuzzah is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 18, 9:03 pm
  #112  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by Klemhuzzah View Post
Yeah, they're all discontinued. The cashier can try, but the POS will stop if for any amount over $250. AFAIK, you can still buy the variables that say $20-$500, you just can't put more than $250 on it. But it doesn't hurt to try
Is it hardcoded againt loading more than 250??
mangoed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 18, 10:45 pm
  #113  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 306
Originally Posted by mangoed View Post
Is it hardcoded againt loading more than 250??
In the previous Sam's Club thread, people reported that near the end of 2017, the system stopped them from purchasing more than $250, even though the cashier was willing to give it a try. When they dropped the amount to $250, the purchase would go through. So yes, I assume it is hardcoded. I can't say I've ever had the chance to try it myself.
Klemhuzzah is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 18, 7:58 pm
  #114  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 96
Trying to take advance of CF Q4. Dosh + Uber will actually let me keep the entire UR gains. Visiting the parents and they have a Sam's membership. I see Dosh is $20 max daily, so can I get $200 GC x 2? Or is the cap on GC $250 per transaction?
ne0ven0m is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 18, 10:26 pm
  #115  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 306
Sam's used to limit it to 1 gc per transaction, but now they allow multiples. 2 x $200 should be fine. If not, just ask them to ring up the second gc separately.

I think the policy changed right around the same time they stopped carrying $500 gc.
Klemhuzzah is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 18, 10:33 pm
  #116  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 306
You might want to consider 2 x $250 instead. You'll save a trip and make an extra $4.

2 x $250, 3 trips = $75 credit card bonus + ( 3 x $5 DOSH) - ( 6 x $4.88 fee) = $60.72 profit

2 x $200, 4 trips = $75 credit card bonus + $1 credit card CB (1% of the extra $100) + ( 4 x $5 DOSH) - ( 8 x $4.88 fee) = $56.96 profit

I don't know how the Uber thing works, so that may tip the scales back in favor of 2 x $200. Good luck!
Klemhuzzah is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 18, 12:29 pm
  #117  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 82
Originally Posted by Klemhuzzah View Post
You might want to consider 2 x $250 instead. You'll save a trip and make an extra $4.

2 x $250, 3 trips = $75 credit card bonus + ( 3 x $5 DOSH) - ( 6 x $4.88 fee) = $60.72 profit

2 x $200, 4 trips = $75 credit card bonus + $1 credit card CB (1% of the extra $100) + ( 4 x $5 DOSH) - ( 8 x $4.88 fee) = $56.96 profit

I don't know how the Uber thing works, so that may tip the scales back in favor of 2 x $200. Good luck!
Why not the AGC for $500? That's what I'm going to try later today. My local Sams has the AGCs for $500 again. Dosh + Freedom
bargainhunter3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 18, 2:23 pm
  #118  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 306
You're right. AGC $500 is probably better. My Sam's doesn't have those so I keep forgetting that some do. But I should mention that AGC isn't debit, so others reading this thread should take that into consideration when making their liquidation plans.
Klemhuzzah is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 18, 2:37 pm
  #119  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 306
Originally Posted by ne0ven0m View Post
Trying to take advance of CF Q4. Dosh + Uber will actually let me keep the entire UR gains. Visiting the parents and they have a Sam's membership. I see Dosh is $20 max daily, so can I get $200 GC x 2? Or is the cap on GC $250 per transaction?
FYI, Sam's also sells $100 Uber gift cards for $97.48. Discount and no $4.88 gift card fee.
Klemhuzzah is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 18, 10:50 am
  #120  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 96
Originally Posted by Klemhuzzah View Post
FYI, Sam's also sells $100 Uber gift cards for $97.48. Discount and no $4.88 gift card fee.
I don't use Uber enough to warrant buying those. And even though I resell GCs, Uber it's not going to be profitable at that rate.

Any confirmations that Dosh is giving 5% back at Sam's? They've completely killed GC purchases at CVS, including third party ones. Didn't know if it affected their other deals too.
ne0ven0m is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread