Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MGC at Sam's Club(2018)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2019, 5:58 pm

once a day or 24 hours?

Dosh says once a day now. Didn't it used to be every 24 hours? Anyone test yet?
Old Oct 2, 2019, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by flyertalkfrank
If it doesn't post after a few days, you can file a request for it. Keep receipt.
So I opened a ticket and got the cashback credited in about a week. However, I've made two more purchases at the same Sam's Club and it hasn't tracked any of them. Do I really have to open a ticket every damn time? Are there certain SC locations that have this problem, or is it something else? Just trying to figure out how to make this less of a pain in the arse...
Old Oct 2, 2019, 10:13 pm

Programs: SWA A-List, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jotakami
So I opened a ticket and got the cashback credited in about a week. However, I've made two more purchases at the same Sam's Club and it hasn't tracked any of them. Do I really have to open a ticket every damn time? Are there certain SC locations that have this problem, or is it something else? Just trying to figure out how to make this less of a pain in the arse...
Seems like it doesn't track at all. Though I've only made one purchase (that didn't track). Was actually at Sams last night with a GC in hand but the line was so long I just put it down and walked out. Too many other good promotions to do right now than waste time with faulty CB sites and long lines.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by jotakami
I remember back in the days of CVS (or maybe it was Walgreens), there was a big kerfluffle about Dosh sometimes posting and sometimes not. Turned out not all locations were involved. If the particular CVS location wasn't listed in the Dosh app, Dosh didn't pay. If it was, then your chances were much better, but still not absolute. So the only advice I have for you is to make sure your particular Sam's Club is listed in the Dosh app. Good luck!
Old Oct 3, 2019, 1:29 am

Reckon it'll be ok to do 1 mcgc per day? Don't want dosh shutting me down
Old Oct 3, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by hyungjoh
Reckon it'll be ok to do 1 mcgc per day? Don't want dosh shutting me down
I haven't heard of Dosh shutting anyone down.....yet.

All they do is decline paying on your purchase.

I don't waste my time contesting it when they do. Dosh is just a 4 letter word for "meh" IMO.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by radonc1
I haven't heard of Dosh shutting anyone down.....yet.

All they do is decline paying on your purchase.

I don't waste my time contesting it when they do. Dosh is just a 4 letter word for "meh" IMO.
It looks like they "kinda" stop you from giving cashback by not giving you the offers at all.
I'll try it out, cash out at the very last moment, maybe.
Can't post urls...

doctorofcredit.com/ymmv-dosh-5-back-in-store-at-sams-club/#comment-778778
doctorofcredit.com/ymmv-dosh-5-back-in-store-at-sams-club/#comment-811484
Old Oct 3, 2019, 8:01 pm

I’ve been buying WU MOs with $500 Vanillas at the supermarket for years with no issues. However the Sam’s Club $250 MC vanillas were “not authorized”. Is this a well known issue?
Old Oct 3, 2019, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by guywhocan
I’ve been buying WU MOs with $500 Vanillas at the supermarket for years with no issues. However the Sam’s Club $250 MC vanillas were “not authorized”. Is this a well known issue?
You have to press cancel at the right moment so that you can choose the card to run as debit instead of credit.
Well known issue with MCGCs, I just liquidate to my serve.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by hyungjoh
You have to press cancel at the right moment so that you can choose the card to run as debit instead of credit.
Well known issue with MCGCs, I just liquidate to my serve.
Don't think this will work, as Sam's Club mcgc are One Vanillas - and Wally has a known limit of $49.99 for Vanilla cards, MC or Visa
Old Oct 4, 2019, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Klemhuzzah
Don't think this will work, as Sam's Club mcgc are One Vanillas - and Wally has a known limit of $49.99 for Vanilla cards, MC or Visa
Ah, true. Forgot that sam's club mcgcs were vanillas!
Old Oct 5, 2019, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by guywhocan
I've had extra trouble with Sam's Club mcgc. They don't work loading Serve at FD, even though vanilla does, and MC does. Most Krogers near me reject them (POS), though I've found 1 Kroger that does take them, along with another non-Kroger grocery store that will take them. I went through 5-10 places before I found one where they work.

If it helps, you can buy a $500 Am3x gc at Sam's, then use that to buy a $500 vgc at the grocery store. But this involves 2 gc fees, so make sure it's still worthwhile for you.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 7:08 pm

Seems like MCGC is a no go at kroger to buy MO's.. Hard to liquidate these cards. I remember these used to work on Kroger sometime back when I used to buy with Yelp + Dosh deals. Is there any particular MCGC that works on MO ?? All they seems to carry is One vanilla ones..
Old Oct 6, 2019, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Klemhuzzah
I've had extra trouble with Sam's Club mcgc. They don't work loading Serve at FD, even though vanilla does, and MC does. Most Krogers near me reject them (POS), though I've found 1 Kroger that does take them, along with another non-Kroger grocery store that will take them. I went through 5-10 places before I found one where they work.

If it helps, you can buy a $500 Am3x gc at Sam's, then use that to buy a $500 vgc at the grocery store. But this involves 2 gc fees, so make sure it's still worthwhile for you.
My Sams no longer sells $500 Amx, only 250.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Just walked out of my local Sam's after finding out all MGCs have been pulled! Is this new? Maybe just isolated to my store...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.