Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

Giftcards.com (and giftcardmall) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

Check cash back portals to help cover the fees. Around the holidays there is usually free shipping. http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cashback-store/giftcards.com/

Limit 5k/ every 48 hours (2 orders under 2.5k including the fees). However, system will reportedly "error out" if more than two orders are attempted within two days.

Cards must be activated before use. Orders usually arrive in 5-7 days.

Select the free letter on the left instead of paying for a card on the right of the screen to save money.

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have them reissued.

Print Wikipost

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Old Jul 20, 2019, 10:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Lobachevsky
Is it really so hard to post a question that can be understood by most of us? Is there a point in being so cryptic here?
considering there's an entire thread dedicated to paying citi with debit cards and that thread has a bunch of people discussing the recent problems with GCC, I'm not quite sure why, either. I guess putting all that energy into being cryptic is taking away from being able to read the threads on the board.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 7:59 am

I do hope its temp but if not I understand. this was my best point maker. It has changed my lifestyle. I hope I can re adjust. Over 120k points per month, all from home. In a small sense, better that GCC doesnt work than to get shutdowns. I actually think the CC's didn't mind. I have had many eyes on my accounts and no questions ever asked.
BLoch12 likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Daily Limit?

Surprised to see no activity in a while. Is 2 orders of <2500 each in 48 hours still enforced?
Old Nov 30, 2019, 5:45 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by beachmiles
Surprised to see no activity in a while. Is 2 orders of <2500 each in 48 hours still enforced?
Because there are not many reasons to use GCC over GCM or other options. Except yesterday during ebates 2%/2x Black Friday promo. It ran over 2 days so you could do $7500 per account due to the velocity limit you mentioned. Already tracking successfully in my ebates account. Long wait until feb payout but they paid out last year on a similar promo for GCM so I think this should be low risk again.
beachmiles likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 7:48 pm

Does anybody know what the current "cyber Monday" payout for GCC for VGC on Ebates/rakuten? It says 15% but I doubt VGC are included, although that would be awesome! And there's no language that I can see specifying anything for VGC.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by DjRocket
Does anybody know what the current "cyber Monday" payout for GCC for VGC on Ebates/rakuten? It says 15% but I doubt VGC are included, although that would be awesome! And there's no language that I can see specifying anything for VGC.
I was just wondering the same thing. 15% back on VGCs would be awesome.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 8:19 pm

I put a test order of VGC through and it tracked at 0%
Old Dec 1, 2019, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by Tectomoc
I put a test order of VGC through and it tracked at 0%
Where do you see how much it tracked at? It typically takes several hours until R-ten tracks the transaction. I placed two orders. Will have to see in the morning. If it doesn't track more than 1%, I just assume I can cancel the orders. I'm also curious if we'd have any grounds to stand on in disputing the amount given it did say 15% with no listed exception for VGC.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 8:33 pm

"Earnings Balance" section where it is normally listed. Says "0" and there is a little tooltip that tells me "Giftcards.com did not provide cashback for this purchase". And yes, I did dispute it, because why not.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 8:43 pm

Can those that put in a test order update us tomorrow whether it tracks or not? I know it says points will post tomorrow (if it actually works), so we should know by sometime tomorrow if it works. Thanks in advance
Old Dec 1, 2019, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by Tectomoc
"Earnings Balance" section where it is normally listed. Says "0" and there is a little tooltip that tells me "Giftcards.com did not provide cashback for this purchase". And yes, I did dispute it, because why not.
Yeah, ok mine just didn't track yet. Given that befrugal has also elevated cashback and specifically states VGC are still at 1%, strongly suggests the same for r-ten, who just didn't update their t&c properly. Good luck with your dispute.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 10:42 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Tracking at 15x for me. I don't think they're really prepared to pay out millions of MR points, so I have a feeling they're gonna adjust to 1x in the end. Otherwise, this was the black friday deal of the year for me.
Carl Christensen likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 10:48 pm

Everything for GC.com on rakuten has now been lowered to 1.0%. That was quick!

Last edited by History05; Dec 1, 2019 at 10:50 pm Reason: adjustment
Old Dec 1, 2019, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
Tracking at 15x for me. I don't think they're really prepared to pay out millions of MR points, so I have a feeling they're gonna adjust to 1x in the end. Otherwise, this was the black friday deal of the year for me.
Mine is now showing at 15x as well and I also doubt they'll actually pay out. One of my orders a couple of days ago got cancelled but still tracked, telling me tracking is just that... tracking.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 5:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
I did 25k across 5 accounts @2% and none tracked, but my 5k last night at 15% tracked which made up for the missing 2%
ChrisFlyer66 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.