Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

Giftcards.com (and giftcardmall) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

Check cash back portals to help cover the fees. Around the holidays there is usually free shipping. http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cashback-store/giftcards.com/

Limit 5k/ every 48 hours (2 orders under 2.5k including the fees). However, system will reportedly "error out" if more than two orders are attempted within two days.

Cards must be activated before use. Orders usually arrive in 5-7 days.

Select the free letter on the left instead of paying for a card on the right of the screen to save money.

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have them reissued.

Print Wikipost

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2018, 9:53 pm

So has Yazing tracked for anyone yet for MCGC?
Old May 2, 2018, 10:11 pm
Suspended

anyone knows how long is CB pending on yazing?
Old May 2, 2018, 10:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by in4tar
Up until now I had no need to use MCGC. And even in theory I know how they work at WM, I've never tried this workaround. What if I use MCGC on my final swipe (let's say I swiped 3 x $500 VGC and the remaining $500 I am using MCGC) - in that case, do I still have to hit that cancel button before the CSR enters $500 - OR - because it's the final swipe, it should go through without that manipulation?
I am just afraid I won't be fast enough (or maybe CSR would be faster than me) to use 4 x $500 of MCGC with this workaround...
change payment for every swipe...
Old May 2, 2018, 10:37 pm

Programs: Lots
I’ve been paying attention to the screen while doing VGCs, and IME that change payment button comes up like 25% of the time. I’ll try it for the MCGCs coming in at one swipe WMs, but split transactions might burn down the Walmart with the number of errors that’ll come up.
Old May 3, 2018, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by devastitis
I’ve been paying attention to the screen while doing VGCs, and IME that change payment button comes up like 25% of the time. I’ll try it for the MCGCs coming in at one swipe WMs, but split transactions might burn down the Walmart with the number of errors that’ll come up.
if amount is entered before you swipe, you vant changr payment to debit
Old May 3, 2018, 2:08 pm

I received my tracking email from Yazing for MCGC and they are tracking at 1.5%. Yazing usually sends the email about tracking 24 hours after the order and GC.com usually pays within 30 days. Activating the cards is not fun, but it is a nice safety.

The screen says that the last 4 digits are the pin for Visa, but does not mention Masters. Can someone confirm the last 4 digits are the pin?

Last edited by Travelz; May 3, 2018 at 6:15 pm
Old May 3, 2018, 7:08 pm
CDO
Suspended

Done mc's a wally plenty of time and always worked pretty good
Old May 3, 2018, 9:46 pm

Programs: Lots
Do MB MCGCs come with a 4 digit pin different than the last 4 digits like the USB ones?
Old May 4, 2018, 6:19 am

~Any recent DP on if Verifone pads work with change payment trick? Seems most of us have Ingenico~ wrong thread

Last edited by h4xdaplanet; May 4, 2018 at 7:04 am
Old May 4, 2018, 9:20 am

I can confirm the last 4 digits are the pin for the MCGC from gc.com. Just liquidated some and the cancel button to select debit went smooth.
devastitis likes this.
Old May 4, 2018, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by Travelz
I can confirm the last 4 digits are the pin for the MCGC from gc.com. Just liquidated some and the cancel button to select debit went smooth.
when did you order?

I haven't received an update from my may 1 order.
Old May 4, 2018, 11:24 am

cant access the giftcards.com website from desktop or laptop computers 24/7. Started 3 days ago. Mobile works fine. Wont work on work computers or my family's computers. Mobile is fine. I activated 30 cards via mobile and ordered via mobile. No browser on laptop/desktops displays site. I'm in upstate NY and work in NYC. Ideas?? I am my son's new laptop now, still will not work.
Old May 4, 2018, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by lumangoy
when did you order?

I haven't received an update from my may 1 order.
I ordered on the 28th, so it took 5 days to get them.
Old May 4, 2018, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by barrytuneup
cant access the giftcards.com website from desktop or laptop computers 24/7. Started 3 days ago. Mobile works fine. Wont work on work computers or my family's computers. Mobile is fine. I activated 30 cards via mobile and ordered via mobile. No browser on laptop/desktops displays site. I'm in upstate NY and work in NYC. Ideas?? I am my son's new laptop now, still will not work.
What browsers are you trying? I use Chrome. Try clearing the cache.
Old May 4, 2018, 11:35 am

chrome/edge and firefox used

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.