Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

Giftcards.com (and giftcardmall) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

Check cash back portals to help cover the fees. Around the holidays there is usually free shipping. http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cashback-store/giftcards.com/

Limit 5k/ every 48 hours (2 orders under 2.5k including the fees). However, system will reportedly "error out" if more than two orders are attempted within two days.

Cards must be activated before use. Orders usually arrive in 5-7 days.

Select the free letter on the left instead of paying for a card on the right of the screen to save money.

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have them reissued.

Print Wikipost

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Old Nov 10, 2018, 4:45 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by hi55us
GC.com allows you to earn miles through a portal instead of cashback.
I'm doing some math and still can't figure it out with VGC.

At GC, for one $500 card, I pay $6.95 fee and $1.99 shipping. Total $8.94 or 1.79%. And I get one AA mile back.

At GCM, I pay $5.95 with free shipping. Total $5.95 or 1.2% cost. I get 1% back. Net cost is 0.2%.

I'll have to value the mile at 1.77 cpp or better to make sense. Not sure where I'm wrong here. When can I get free shipping (VGC)? I can't use the eGift card to pay bill over the phone.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: UR, Marriott, AA, WN, Chick Fil A Red
Originally Posted by sowhatwegetdrunk
How did visa gift card work on citi payment? I thought only MC gift cards work with citi. No?
Just called the number on the back of my card, followed the prompts, and it went through. The only other visa (meta from AAA) I've tried has not worked
Old Nov 10, 2018, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
I'm doing some math and still can't figure it out with VGC.

At GC, for one $500 card, I pay $6.95 fee and $1.99 shipping. Total $8.94 or 1.79%. And I get one AA mile back.

At GCM, I pay $5.95 with free shipping. Total $5.95 or 1.2% cost. I get 1% back. Net cost is 0.2%.

I'll have to value the mile at 1.77 cpp or better to make sense. Not sure where I'm wrong here. When can I get free shipping (VGC)? I can't use the eGift card to pay bill over the phone.
Use the mile up card then!??? 2 miles per $ at grocery stores.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 9:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by wyogold
Use the mile up card then!??? 2 miles per $ at grocery stores.
Where do you get grocery store involved?

I can get cash back (1%) with portal + GCM. Or I get 1 mile (portal) + GC. Just compare the two. But GC has higher cost than at GCM.

CC reward is extra and should be the same at either GC or GCM.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 4:32 pm

I've been in the game for years...GCM is a better deal..especially with the ebates card. and if you can wait 7-9 days you get free shipping below the 2k. I just to 3-4 orders at once and wait for regular mail.. Never a problem. As far as GC.com.. they are more expensive but give back 1.25% on MCGC. Good only with a 3% card and a 1.25% portal..simplybestcoupons. Other then that GC,com is a bummer. Harder and more expensive to liquidate MCGC for me. But real heavy hitters can't wait that long..so they use both.
RedSun likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by barrytuneup
I've been in the game for years...GCM is a better deal..especially with the ebates card. and if you can wait 7-9 days you get free shipping below the 2k. I just to 3-4 orders at once and wait for regular mail.. Never a problem. As far as GC.com.. they are more expensive but give back 1.25% on MCGC. Good only with a 3% card and a 1.25% portal..simplybestcoupons. Other then that GC,com is a bummer. Harder and more expensive to liquidate MCGC for me. But real heavy hitters can't wait that long..so they use both.
Except some of us are stuck with GCC since GCM has us blacklisted for some reason ... I sadly don't have the luxury of choice
Old Nov 11, 2018, 7:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by wyogold
Except some of us are stuck with GCC since GCM has us blacklisted for some reason ... I sadly don't have the luxury of choice
I see...
Old Nov 11, 2018, 9:27 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
GCC is the better deal after you factor in 2% cashback on MCGC. MCGC are also easier to liquidate, and GCM does not sell them. The key is they autodrain at some nationwide chains where that is crucial, and MB VGC do not. Furthermore, they ship faster and arrive with their order number identified so it is easy to keep track of.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 10:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
GCC is the better deal after you factor in 2% cashback on MCGC. MCGC are also easier to liquidate, and GCM does not sell them. The key is they autodrain at some nationwide chains where that is crucial, and MB VGC do not. Furthermore, they ship faster and arrive with their order number identified so it is easy to keep track of.
Where is your 2% CB on MCGC/GC? The best I can find now is 1.25% for MCGC/GC. For loading, no difference of Meta VGC vs MCGC. You just enter the PIN with VCGC. As for shipping, I do not see big difference of GC vs GCM.

At 1.25% (or 1 mile) with MCGC/GCs vs 1% with VGC/GCM, GCM still gets the edge. But if we can find 2% on MCGC or get free shipping, the edge would be on GC....
Old Nov 11, 2018, 11:11 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by RedSun
Where is your 2% CB on MCGC/GC? The best I can find now is 1.25% for MCGC/GC. For loading, no difference of Meta VGC vs MCGC. You just enter the PIN with VCGC. As for shipping, I do not see big difference of GC vs GCM.

At 1.25% (or 1 mile) with MCGC/GCs vs 1% with VGC/GCM, GCM still gets the edge. But if we can find 2% on MCGC or get free shipping, the edge would be on GC....
Autodraining makes some deals possible. There is absolutely a difference. If that is not avenue you are familiar or interested in, then stick to GCM. There's a reason why both threads are active. A lot of information here has been washed in order to preserve the deal, but if you do a little reading you should be able to piece it together.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 7:47 am

GCC has eMCGC at $4.95 and 1% on ebates and no shipping
Old Nov 12, 2018, 10:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cashcyclone
You can't load it at store.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist Caesars Wyndham Diamond, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by cashcyclone
Can you pay citi cc with this?

Also giftcards.com allows only up to $250 master card egc so not sure if its worth it. Or am i missing something?

Last edited by sowhatwegetdrunk; Nov 12, 2018 at 2:34 pm
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
But in my area the MCGC is hard to drain. The folks at ACME are starting to make up their own rules. So I quit doing MCGC. There is only 1 rep out of 5 stores that actually likes doing this for me. The others..young and old are scared to do it.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:57 am

But in my area the MCGC is hard to drain. The folks at ACME are starting to make up their own rules. So I quit doing MCGC. There is only 1 rep out of 5 stores that actually likes doing this for me. The others..young and old are scared to do it.
What portal is 2% for MCGC from GCC?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.