Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

Giftcards.com (and giftcardmall) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

Check cash back portals to help cover the fees. Around the holidays there is usually free shipping. http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cashback-store/giftcards.com/

Limit 5k/ every 48 hours (2 orders under 2.5k including the fees). However, system will reportedly "error out" if more than two orders are attempted within two days.

Cards must be activated before use. Orders usually arrive in 5-7 days.

Select the free letter on the left instead of paying for a card on the right of the screen to save money.

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have them reissued.

Print Wikipost

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: UR, Hilton, AA, Delta, SPG/Marriott
Originally Posted by Reikon
Has anyone gotten paid by Yazing this month?
Not yet for me. My cash back has been pending since 9/5/18, albeit from GCM.com. Does it always take this long? For some reason I was under the impression that they typically are paying out about a month after the tracking.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 3:02 am
jk2

Originally Posted by hi55us
Did it yesterday with United. No problem tracking.
For some reason, I still have a problem with completing orders. Tried different browsers - the same result. I press "submit order" - usually, it says "order submitted, blah-blah". Now - just a main page of gc.com, and all my stuff is in the cart. However, orders were submitted, but so far nothing was tracked, which is a bad sign.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by cflchurn
Not yet for me. My cash back has been pending since 9/5/18, albeit from GCM.com. Does it always take this long? For some reason I was under the impression that they typically are paying out about a month after the tracking.
They pay out at the end of the month for previous month. Just got paid for September transactions on 10/30
Old Nov 1, 2018, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by jk2
For some reason, I still have a problem with completing orders. Tried different browsers - the same result. I press "submit order" - usually, it says "order submitted, blah-blah". Now - just a main page of gc.com, and all my stuff is in the cart. However, orders were submitted, but so far nothing was tracked, which is a bad sign.
I still can't get to the completion page for orders using Chrome, but Safari has worked fine. Tracking failed on the incomplete orders, but I was able to submit to Yazing/TCB and get credit, albiet at a different rate than what it was at the time of purchase (some better some worse)
Old Nov 1, 2018, 7:20 pm

has anyone tried the virtual visa on TCB? there was a post on DOC that a physical card can be requested?
Old Nov 1, 2018, 7:43 pm

Programs: UR, Marriott, AA, WN, Chick Fil A Red
Originally Posted by lumangoy
has anyone tried the virtual visa on TCB? there was a post on DOC that a physical card can be requested?

I got a virtual visa debit and used it to make a debit card payment on a CC. Worked great.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 9:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by NeGourmand

I got a virtual visa debit and used it to make a debit card payment on a CC. Worked great.
Which credit card, Citi?
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by NeGourmand

If I remember correctly it used to be 2% cash back on eGC but I just checked and it does not seem to be the case anymore. Is that true? How much cashback did you get?
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:50 am

Second question, how long does it take to get it?
Old Nov 4, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: UR, Marriott, AA, WN, Chick Fil A Red
Originally Posted by hi55us
Which credit card, Citi?
Yes
Originally Posted by svasandani
If I remember correctly it used to be 2% cash back on eGC but I just checked and it does not seem to be the case anymore. Is that true? How much cashback did you get?
I didn't purchase, but chose that as a redemption option for tcb for the 5% bonus. I previously saw 2% on eGC purchases too, but haven't noticed for a few months. FWIW, the value was greater than $500 too, but I haven't seen a place that sells >$500 evgc that can go through portal (or at all.)
Old Nov 6, 2018, 10:57 am

Has anyone tried GCC buying MCGC clicking through www.lemoney.com? If so, how much is CB rate and how soon do they pay out?
Old Nov 7, 2018, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by jk2
Exactly the same experience today with tcb. Ugh.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: Lots
So for GCcom through YZ, we have to report missing transactions for every transaction we do? Haven't had a successful track in a few months.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 9:09 am

I had the same problem with the orders getting messed up and not tracking. I now use MS Edge browser and everything is back to normal.
devastitis likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:17 pm

Opportunity to earn more than 1 AA mile / dollar spend at gc.com . Spend 100000 with gc.om and fly premium to get 150 k miles. Which is good 1.5 miles / dollar better than other options ( for minority ?)

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...liday-hero.jsp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.