Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

Giftcards.com (and giftcardmall) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

Check cash back portals to help cover the fees. Around the holidays there is usually free shipping. http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cashback-store/giftcards.com/

Limit 5k/ every 48 hours (2 orders under 2.5k including the fees). However, system will reportedly "error out" if more than two orders are attempted within two days.

Cards must be activated before use. Orders usually arrive in 5-7 days.

Select the free letter on the left instead of paying for a card on the right of the screen to save money.

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have them reissued.

Print Wikipost

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2018, 2:19 pm

Anyone have luck getting tracking to work on tcb with a pre-designed card other than the one discussed? Feel free to PM me. An order with 4 of the "correct" cards and one "incorrect" failed to track last night, just over 19 hours ago. Not sure if it's me hitting a velocity limit or the cards in the order though. It's my 8th order in 8 days. Order number 7 took ~10 hours to track and all previous orders tracked in ~1 hour. Besides the cards ordered the method has been the same, and the order is showing as a click through on tcb.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by asot550
Anyone have luck getting tracking to work on tcb with a pre-designed card other than the one discussed? Feel free to PM me. An order with 4 of the "correct" cards and one "incorrect" failed to track last night, just over 19 hours ago. Not sure if it's me hitting a velocity limit or the cards in the order though. It's my 8th order in 8 days.
I have ordered the "correct" one with a mix of 4 visa and 1 MC ,which got tracked properly. You might have hit the limit.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
I have ordered the "correct" one with a mix of 4 visa and 1 MC ,which got tracked properly. You might have hit the limit.
I swear, getting nervous and asking FT is the best method to resolve issues lol. Just showed up as tracked, at 1% though. This is for 5 pre-designed mcgc btw.

When I got nervous and asked about the 10 hour order I got my email shortly after posting here.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 2:55 am
jk2

Originally Posted by asot550
I swear, getting nervous and asking FT is the best method to resolve issues lol. Just showed up as tracked, at 1% though. This is for 5 pre-designed mcgc btw.

When I got nervous and asked about the 10 hour order I got my email shortly after posting here.
The same here, now 1% only.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 7:14 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Two a Day?

I often do 2 orders a day, but space them by about 4 hours. Is this 4 hour delay a common practice? Is it even necessary?
Its been about an hour since my first order of the day. I’d like to get my second order in the works , but will be too busy later in the day.
I don’t want to screw up a long successful roll.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
gravy train over. pack it up.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 8:42 am

At least I can get back to my more manageable number of orders now. That didn't last long.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: UR, Marriott, AA, WN, Chick Fil A Red
Originally Posted by cdog999
At least I can get back to my more manageable number of orders now. That didn't last long.
I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did... After payout I'm planning to ask about the 2 orders that didn't track vis TCB
beachmiles likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by beachmiles
I often do 2 orders a day, but space them by about 4 hours. Is this 4 hour delay a common practice? Is it even necessary?
Its been about an hour since my first order of the day. I’d like to get my second order in the works , but will be too busy later in the day.
I don’t want to screw up a long successful roll.
I do my 2 orders a day back to back, minutes apart, with no issues.
beachmiles likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 11:32 am

does gift card ordered from GC.com count towards meeting minimum spending for Amex everyday card? Any data point will be appreciated!
Old Sep 29, 2018, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by dineshb
does gift card ordered from GC.com count towards meeting minimum spending for Amex everyday card? Any data point will be appreciated!
Any obvious MS like GCcom is not recommended for min spend in case Amex audits your account. Don't want to risk getting bonus clawbacked
ChrisFlyer66 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by jk2
The same here, now 1% only.
Ditto here
Old Sep 29, 2018, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by dineshb
statement cycle just closed and no bonus after min spend on gc.com. Simon dosnt work either. GCM used to work so I'm gonna try it in this cycle.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 2:25 pm

I make orders everyday on gc.com today first time TCB tracks only at 1%..
Old Sep 29, 2018, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by cashcyclone
statement cycle just closed and no bonus after min spend on gc.com. Simon dosnt work either. GCM used to work so I'm gonna try it in this cycle.
meeting Amex MSR through GCC or GCM is a no go. Supermarket GC still works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.