Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

Giftcards.com (and giftcardmall) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

Check cash back portals to help cover the fees. Around the holidays there is usually free shipping. http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cashback-store/giftcards.com/

Limit 5k/ every 48 hours (2 orders under 2.5k including the fees). However, system will reportedly "error out" if more than two orders are attempted within two days.

Cards must be activated before use. Orders usually arrive in 5-7 days.

Select the free letter on the left instead of paying for a card on the right of the screen to save money.

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have them reissued.

Print Wikipost

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Old Aug 1, 2018, 5:28 am

Programs: AA Gold, Avios, UA, DL, SPG, Hyatt, Hilton, Rapid Rewards
same for me - all the pending transactions and their corresponding reversals are completely gone - deleted with no trace! i hope there is another step in the process to add them back.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 5:32 am

Programs: AA Gold, Avios, UA, DL, SPG, Hyatt, Hilton, Rapid Rewards
thanks cwh82- i see them in paid
Old Aug 1, 2018, 10:02 am

My reversals were reinstated on the Yazing dashboard.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 10:48 am

yup just got updated for me too. With the order number showing xxxxx_1
Old Aug 1, 2018, 12:22 pm

would it be safe to say cb earned will be paid; biz is back to normal?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 8:06 am

Just a heads up, my 7/29 orders are still in Processed/not shipped status. Just received 7/30 in the mail.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 12:12 pm

Same thing happened to me with an order placed 7/27. I contacted customer support about it last Friday and they said they'd get back to me in 3-5 business days after investigating. An order place a few days later had already arrived by that point.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 9:53 am

Guys - anyone has a screenshot of the TCB message that said the extra 0.25% would be automatically added for mastercard purchase since it was a known issue that they were only tracking at 1%? I am getting a run around from them and I didn't save a screenshot. if anyone has a copy and can share, I'll appreciate it! (I know it isn't much but the customer service is implying that I am making this up!)
Old Aug 7, 2018, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by neony77
Guys - anyone has a screenshot of the TCB message that said the extra 0.25% would be automatically added for mastercard purchase since it was a known issue that they were only tracking at 1%? I am getting a run around from them and I didn't save a screenshot. if anyone has a copy and can share, I'll appreciate it! (I know it isn't much but the customer service is implying that I am making this up!)
TCB had a promo for 1.25% for MCGCs?

I thought only yazing was at 1.25% for MCGCs.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy

Yazing is 1.5% for MCGCs.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy

It did a few weeks ago but for whatever reason would only track at 1% and had to get in touch with CSR to get the additional .25%. Anyone with a screenshot with the wording?
Old Aug 9, 2018, 5:06 pm

Is it possible to order from GC.com while I'm visiting my parents for a few weeks?
Old Aug 9, 2018, 11:39 pm

Programs: UR
Originally Posted by Superorb
Is it possible to order from GC.com while I'm visiting my parents for a few weeks?
Yes, if your parents don't live overseas. GC knows known VPN IP addresses so unless you're running your own VPN, using VPN to mask your location won't work.
When I'm traveling I remote desktop into my home computer and that always works.
Superorb likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 3:49 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by cloudskipper
Yes, if your parents don't live overseas. GC knows known VPN IP addresses so unless you're running your own VPN, using VPN to mask your location won't work.
When I'm traveling I remote desktop into my home computer and that always works.
It won't even let you access the site if you're using a VPN on a shared IP address. Get a private address or remote in. GCM will let you log in and place an order but will cancel it instead of completely blocking you from accessing the site. Similarly, remote desktop or use a private VPN to place orders when out of country. I do this so I have cards waiting for me when I return but not sitting out for weeks while I'm gone.
Superorb likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 10:43 am

Thanks guys. We're traveling around the US for 5 months. Placing orders from our host's wifi internet is Ok or not a good idea? We shouldn't be using a VPN on trusted networks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.