Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

Giftcards.com (and giftcardmall) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

Check cash back portals to help cover the fees. Around the holidays there is usually free shipping. http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cashback-store/giftcards.com/

Limit 5k/ every 48 hours (2 orders under 2.5k including the fees). However, system will reportedly "error out" if more than two orders are attempted within two days.

Cards must be activated before use. Orders usually arrive in 5-7 days.

Select the free letter on the left instead of paying for a card on the right of the screen to save money.

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have them reissued.

Print Wikipost

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Old May 4, 2018, 5:10 pm

When i try to add Mastercard to the cart, I get the following message "We are unable to checkout at this time. Please try again."
I usually order 4x$500 + 1x$450 to stay within the limit.
Old May 4, 2018, 5:37 pm

Got one order of VGC yesterday and one today with signature confirmation, two others came regular. Same shipping method ordered, never had signature confirmation before.
Old May 5, 2018, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by Travelz
I can confirm the last 4 digits are the pin for the MCGC from gc.com. Just liquidated some and the cancel button to select debit went smooth.
Interesting. I've found I can liquidate them after changing the pin online without activating them. I assumed changing the pin automatically activated them. I wonder if they're now arriving already activated.
Old May 5, 2018, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by I can see for miles
Interesting. I've found I can liquidate them after changing the pin online without activating them. I assumed changing the pin automatically activated them. I wonder if they're now arriving already activated.
Good to know that changing the pin works. Do you start to get picture puzzles after about 10 cards?
Old May 5, 2018, 7:33 am

Do the personalized MC cards track CB 1.5% from yazing? Do they allow you add name to the personalized card like GCM?

Thanks.
Old May 5, 2018, 2:41 pm

It's unpredictable. Right now, yeah, after about 10. Other time spans seems it was after about five. And yet other time spans seemed you could do 15, 20 or more.
Old May 5, 2018, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by yoyo
Do the personalized MC cards track CB 1.5% from yazing? Do they allow you add name to the personalized card like GCM?
Not sure about personalized. I don't think there is a benefit to order them. Your name can be added. I add the amount and card I used for the order in the note area, like "500 A"

Originally Posted by I can see for miles
It's unpredictable. Right now, yeah, after about 10. Other time spans seems it was after about five. And yet other time spans seemed you could do 15, 20 or more.
I wonder if you are right about them already being activated. I might try it.
Old May 5, 2018, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Travelz
Good to know that changing the pin works. Do you start to get picture puzzles after about 10 cards?
If that starts happening and you're tired of storefronts, cars and bridges close the window and reopen in incognito. Rinse wash and repeat as necessary.
dogbyte likes this.
Old May 5, 2018, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by wyogold
If that starts happening and you're tired of storefronts, cars and bridges close the window and reopen in incognito. Rinse wash and repeat as necessary.
Thanks, I think I tried clearing the cache and I forgot about incognito.
Old May 5, 2018, 6:49 pm

Do USPS deliveries require signature?
Old May 5, 2018, 9:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lumangoy
Do USPS deliveries require signature?
nope
Old May 7, 2018, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by ChuckMango
nope
I just received my order from 5/1 and it DID require a signature.
Old May 7, 2018, 10:01 am

is there a problem with the gc.com today? can't get it to load the city/state after entering zipcode.
Old May 7, 2018, 1:29 pm

Activation website does not verify any info?

I tried to use one before activating and i can not use, so it seems the MCGCs come unactivated.

But if these were intercepted before delivery, anyone can activate.
Old May 7, 2018, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy

But if these were intercepted before delivery, anyone can activate.
That is true. Well now we know we have to activate them. Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.