Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

Giftcards.com (and giftcardmall) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

Check cash back portals to help cover the fees. Around the holidays there is usually free shipping. http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cashback-store/giftcards.com/

Limit 5k/ every 48 hours (2 orders under 2.5k including the fees). However, system will reportedly "error out" if more than two orders are attempted within two days.

Cards must be activated before use. Orders usually arrive in 5-7 days.

Select the free letter on the left instead of paying for a card on the right of the screen to save money.

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have them reissued.

Print Wikipost

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:57 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by littlewinglet
A glitch like that wasn't caught due to volume from 10 more people here joining in, it was just a matter of time before periodic book-keeping and auditing at GCC. Not like 100 HHs can fly under the radar with 50-100k per month volume. I'm sure many other people outside of this thread, who were doing even legitimate buying, accidentally tripped it and got extra $$.

So now that it's dead, feel free to share the details. Was this really a reproducible trick or just random luck and a bunch of people blindly stumbling about and reporting what works to one another?
It wasn't just 10 more people, it was likely well over 100. The reach FT has is much further than the ones who comment. In fact, the ones commenting on FT are generally not the HHs. There were multiple forums, telegram channels, discord channels, slack channels and a whatsapp group all taking advantage of it. It would be naive to think only the 10 active commenters here were the ones benefiting.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:29 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
It wasn't just 10 more people, it was likely well over 100. The reach FT has is much further than the ones who comment. In fact, the ones commenting on FT are generally not the HHs. There were multiple forums, telegram channels, discord channels, slack channels and a whatsapp group all taking advantage of it. It would be naive to think only the 10 active commenters here were the ones benefiting.
I think you didn't read my comment, that's exactly what I meant...the HH on private forums themselves killed it. Exposing it to a few more casual users wouldn't have made much of a difference. That's exactly what I said.

If you deal in enough secretive forums and hundreds of people are involved, I'm sure many of those have blogs or are connected to major bloggers, so any secret would have been exposed by now.

If that's the way you want to play this, then don't bother posting anything here at all unless it's obvious major news (like cashback on portals going up/down). That's why FT has become kind of a joke for any MS tricks lately.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:40 pm

I think you didn't read my comment, that's exactly what I meant...the HH on private forums themselves killed it. Exposing it to a few more casual users wouldn't have made much of a difference. That's exactly what I said.

If you deal in enough secretive forums and hundreds of people are involved, I'm sure many of those have blogs or are connected to major bloggers, so any secret would have been exposed by now.

If that's the way you want to play this, then don't bother posting anything here at all unless it's obvious major news (like cashback on portals going up/down). That's why FT has become kind of a joke for any MS tricks lately.
Stuff dies faster if it is explicit here. Sorry, that's just the way it goes.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:44 pm

I got excited when it still tracked my 1/11 orders at 2%, but yep RIP as of yesterday
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti

I read your comment. You are simply just missing the point. Sharing information here isn't simply "exposing it to a few more casual users." All the HH groups got the breadcrumbs from here and solved it. The reach of FT is more significant than you realize. I have benefited a lot from FT and will continue to pay it forward. If you think FT has become a joke then you're not looking hard enough. It's still a wealth of information.
oldfish, notalent and NeGourmand like this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:29 am

Lol, if it's dead, what was the deal?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: Diners Club
Originally Posted by otannehill
Lol, if it's dead, what was the deal?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...&postcount=834
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:50 am

2% cb via portal + no shipping fees is no longer.
Do you mind to give some details on "no shipping" part?

I know the 2% designs. For me, now it's gone for not only MCGC but also VGC. It was good until 01/11.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:54 am

Yes, would be nice to know how the working designs were figured out...brute force mass reporting or by the design number in the URL?

You see....we learned something today, no matter how much you hide a deal, if it's lucrative enough it'll die fast anyway. May as well share in the spirit of the community. This thread is too niche of a circle to make a difference, not like it's circles and arrows blog and everyone's grandma and dog will get in on it.
[duplicate]

Last edited by Ultraboost; Oct 25, 2020 at 2:27 pm
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Ultraboost
Ok please share your unicorn first. Otherwise, stop asking to be spoonfed. As TalkingPoint mentioned, he shared just enough to help those who were motivated. Some would even argue he shared too much already as is.
I found it interesting that a lot of the same people pleading with me to delete posts, or complaining that I bumped a thread they wanted buried, also asked me to spoonfeed them. I've learned that generally, whether someone thinks I've shared too little or too much depends on if they've gotten in on the deal yet. There's a rush to shut the door behind them. I don't think that view is healthy for this forum, community, or hobby. This is the last I'll comment on the topic. I'll take what I've learned and fine tune how I share information here in the future.
Mamibear and SightseeMC like this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: All of them
I found it interesting that a lot of the same people pleading with me to delete posts, or complaining that I bumped a thread they wanted buried, also asked me to spoonfeed them. I've learned that generally, whether someone thinks I've shared too little or too much depends on if they've gotten in on the deal yet. There's a rush to shut the door behind them. I don't think that view is healthy for this forum, community, or hobby. This is the last I'll comment on the topic. I'll take what I've learned and fine tune how I share information here in the future.
I barely participate on this thread. All I asked is now that it's supposedly dead, please enlighten us to the more detailed methods of what went down. No one is asking for spoonfeeding when the deal is going, i could have figured it out myself after some trial and error. This isn't rocket surgery. I'm just curious if it was pure dumb luck, or something consistent that I can learn from.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:13 am

I barely participate on this thread. All I asked is now that it's supposedly dead, please enlighten us to the more detailed methods of what went down. No one is asking for spoonfeeding when the deal is going, i could have figured it out myself after some trial and error. This isn't rocket surgery. I'm just curious if it was pure dumb luck, or something consistent that I can learn from.
If its not publicly out there, I think we should not discuss our unicorns. It takes a lot of effort and money to find them and when we do its awesome. You can tell from peoples' post sometimes that they me doing similar things. Talk privately when you see the crumbs. Its amazing how quickly something dies as soon as it hit the forums. I ask people to delete all the time. I do not believe I have ever asked to be spooned. If I ask someone to delete, I will help if I can. If they don't delete, screw them. Those are the poeple I help and they help me in return. I honestly come on flyer talk to make sure what I am doing is still a secret and try to keep things I do going as long as possible. I floata alot of money, so if something is going to die, I can prepare myself for it.
Mamibear and cloudskipper like this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:05 am

doesnt mean it won't come back in some manner. read the thread and go try it if you want to know how it works. some people put effort into this beyond just simply buying gift cards.
Mamibear likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by Abflying
Seems like Mastercard's will be dropped to 1% after 1/10 as per new Yazing terms today.

"Up to 5% of Sales (5% on Happy Cards, 2% on Branded cards & Merchant eGifts, 1.25% on MasterCards (1% after 1/10), 1% on Visa. 0% on Monthly Customer Purchases over 60k"
With MC now 1% like Visa, is there a benefit from one over the other? I've been getting MC this whole time becasue Math but was wondering if Visa had any added bonus that I am unaware about? Thanks
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by Larry Weyer
With MC now 1% like Visa, is there a benefit from one over the other? I've been getting MC this whole time becasue Math but was wondering if Visa had any added bonus that I am unaware about? Thanks
all things being equal, VS are somewhat easier to dispose of than MC

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.