Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

Giftcards.com (and giftcardmall) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

Check cash back portals to help cover the fees. Around the holidays there is usually free shipping. http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cashback-store/giftcards.com/

Limit 5k/ every 48 hours (2 orders under 2.5k including the fees). However, system will reportedly "error out" if more than two orders are attempted within two days.

Cards must be activated before use. Orders usually arrive in 5-7 days.

Select the free letter on the left instead of paying for a card on the right of the screen to save money.

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have them reissued.

Print Wikipost

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:47 am

Seems like Mastercard's will be dropped to 1% after 1/10 as per new Yazing terms today.

"Up to 5% of Sales (5% on Happy Cards, 2% on Branded cards & Merchant eGifts, 1.25% on MasterCards (1% after 1/10), 1% on Visa. 0% on Monthly Customer Purchases over 60k"
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:59 am

Anyone else notice that processing is taking a long time today? Got a few orders in over 2 hours ago and none have moved to processed yet.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by cdog999
Anyone else notice that processing is taking a long time today? Got a few orders in over 2 hours ago and none have moved to processed yet.
Over two hours for me too.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:12 pm

Over five hours for me so far. I already got the "Thank you for your order" email but no "Order Processed" email.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:16 am

Ok so a follow up from my previous post. I just received the cash back from ebates already took like 14 days, so all in all, Spent 2007.96 and 1.76 for MOs. Then received back 20.04 and a $10 signup bonus I forgot to use but begged them, So profited 10.32 (plus another 10) plus the 2,008 points. Worked out nicely and fast.

Thank you so much flyertalk! In so excited for finding this awesome place.

ps is there an acronym wiki anywhere for this place lol?
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Today ends a chapter. Makes sense to start a new 2019 thread.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:11 am

Yeah, got a couple of reports this morning.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 8:26 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
Today ends a chapter. Makes sense to start a new 2019 thread.
Originally Posted by OssianBlue
Yeah, got a couple of reports this morning.
Do tell
Old Jan 12, 2019, 9:33 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by pharmawalk
Do tell
2% cb via portal + no shipping fees is no longer.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 5:52 am

Yep, sad.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
2% cb via portal + no shipping fees is no longer.
Did you see something fundamentally change or was it just a 2% purge?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:35 am

We the commoners would appreciate a post mortem report.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by skanchur
We the commoners would appreciate a post mortem report.
Yes, would be nice to know how the working designs were figured out...brute force mass reporting or by the design number in the URL?

You see....we learned something today, no matter how much you hide a deal, if it's lucrative enough it'll die fast anyway. May as well share in the spirit of the community. This thread is too niche of a circle to make a difference, not like it's circles and arrows blog and everyone's grandma and dog will get in on it.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
Yes, would be nice to know how the working designs were figured out...brute force mass reporting or by the design number in the URL?

You see....we learned something today, no matter how much you hide a deal, if it's lucrative enough it'll die fast anyway. May as well share in the spirit of the community. This thread is too niche of a circle to make a difference, not like it's circles and arrows blog and everyone's grandma and dog will get in on it.
I did not hide the deal. I shared it here with enough information for those who were motivated enough to do the legwork. It likely would have lasted longer had I not. I know a lot of people figured out the trick and I'm glad they got in despite the hate mail I received from heavy hitters for leaking breadcrumbs. Some HH's may have figured out the trick before me, but I discovered it entirely on my own so I have the right to share it in a responsible way that promotes the hobby and benefits those who we will benefit from in the future as they responsibly share tricks they find.
Renes Points, FrankMS and j_diggs like this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: All of them
A glitch like that wasn't caught due to volume from 10 more people here joining in, it was just a matter of time before periodic book-keeping and auditing at GCC. Not like 100 HHs can fly under the radar with 50-100k per month volume. I'm sure many other people outside of this thread, who were doing even legitimate buying, accidentally tripped it and got extra $$.

So now that it's dead, feel free to share the details. Was this really a reproducible trick or just random luck and a bunch of people blindly stumbling about and reporting what works to one another?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.