Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

Giftcards.com (and giftcardmall) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

Check cash back portals to help cover the fees. Around the holidays there is usually free shipping. http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cashback-store/giftcards.com/

Limit 5k/ every 48 hours (2 orders under 2.5k including the fees). However, system will reportedly "error out" if more than two orders are attempted within two days.

Cards must be activated before use. Orders usually arrive in 5-7 days.

Select the free letter on the left instead of paying for a card on the right of the screen to save money.

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have them reissued.

Print Wikipost

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by Adirondacker
i did the same thing on gcm, purchase on the 22 got an email on the 26 confirming the extra night
yes, same here; purch was posted yday, the widget in the acct & an email from amex today stated that my acct earned a free nite
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:25 am

Any issues with using SBC for cashback? How quickly does it report? Yz is getting frustrating again with their super long delays in reporting.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by dineshb
Is Yazing tracking for anyone? None of my Yazing purchases are tracking after 12/24, including purchases made at merchants other than giftcards.com.
Yes they've been tracking fine one day after purchase for me, except my purchase yesterday which hasn't tracked yet, which is a bit unusual since they usually track early in the morning.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by Reikon
Yes they've been tracking fine one day after purchase for me, except my purchase yesterday which hasn't tracked yet, which is a bit unusual since they usually track early in the morning.
+1. My purchase from yesterday hasn't tracked on yazing yet either.

edit: yazing finally tracked it at about noon PST.

Last edited by ChrisFlyer66; Jan 1, 2019 at 1:09 pm Reason: update
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:35 am

I'm new to the site, but have done a little MS to meet all my min spending requirements the last 13 months and have made 430,000 UR points, 110,000 Hilton honors points, and probably $325 cash back from MS and min spends. I was thinking about doing more MS as a hobby since I have more time at home for a workers comp injury. But I don't like all the arguements and bad looks I get at walmart to convert gc to MO with certain employees. So I dont do that much. So I just saw this thread on giftcards.com and saw a coupon code. So I went to Ebates and used their portal and the coupon codes and bought $2k gift cards for 2007.96 with the code. $20.08 just posted for me yesterday in ebates. So this was a money maker for me, assuming I recieve the cards (just got shipping notifications today) and do 4 swipes at WM for 88 cents. So this just made me an extra $11.24 over the points. Is this a typical thing or are those no fee codes rare? And it looks like people here say gcm is better than gift cards but this seemed like a great deal. And I have a hard time liquidating Mastercard gift cards at walmart on one transaction. Are there any links to better ways to liquidate Mastercard Gift Cards?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:30 pm

What code for GCC?
Renes Points likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by otannehill
I'm new to the site, but have done a little MS to meet all my min spending requirements the last 13 months and have made 430,000 UR points, 110,000 Hilton honors points, and probably $325 cash back from MS and min spends. I was thinking about doing more MS as a hobby since I have more time at home for a workers comp injury. But I don't like all the arguements and bad looks I get at walmart to convert gc to MO with certain employees. So I dont do that much. So I just saw this thread on giftcards.com and saw a coupon code. So I went to Ebates and used their portal and the coupon codes and bought $2k gift cards for 2007.96 with the code. $20.08 just posted for me yesterday in ebates. So this was a money maker for me, assuming I recieve the cards (just got shipping notifications today) and do 4 swipes at WM for 88 cents. So this just made me an extra $11.24 over the points. Is this a typical thing or are those no fee codes rare? And it looks like people here say gcm is better than gift cards but this seemed like a great deal. And I have a hard time liquidating Mastercard gift cards at walmart on one transaction. Are there any links to better ways to liquidate Mastercard Gift Cards?
is it the feefree2018?

You got lucky that ebates still worked with coupon.

Most portals don't work with a coupon.
Renes Points likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy
is it the feefree2018?

Yeah it was feefree2018, which I think expired. But when I signed up with ebates I didn't know there were issues with promo codes so maybe they'll take them away but I think I sent them an email wondering where my cash back was so maybe they made an exception.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:54 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by lumangoy
is it the feefree2018?

As mentioned a couple times above, it worked this time on a couple portals.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
As mentioned a couple times above, it worked this time on a couple portals.
My Yazing order didn't track with the visa free code on 12/31.

Last edited by skanchur; Jan 6, 2019 at 7:08 am
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, ANA
Originally Posted by skanchur
My Yazing order didn't track with the visa free code on 12/31.
Mine tracked with custom but was clawed back.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:59 am

Wondering if anybody has run across this. Recently my gc.com orders have been getting instacancelled (although a few got the axe a few hours or even next morning). It looks like i have some sort of shadow ban ala gcm. I even called the gc.com support folk since they're usually somewhat helpful, but they could not offer anything other than their fraud team handles that and they don't know the reasons.

I got an email response at one point stating:

"Thank you for contacting GiftCards.com regarding invoice 6958273.

We are really sorry to know that you could not include the promo code. We will be glad to look into this for you.

According to our records the order was canceled and removed from the system. Our top priority is the satisfaction and security of our customers, this is why we kindly ask you to consider the following:

GiftCards.com uses a multi-layered fraud-screening approach to review every order it receives. This approach involves inputs from several third parties that provide specialized fraud-screening services as well as a variety of internal procedures. The company constantly reviews and calibrates this approach with the sole goal of rejecting fraudulent orders and approving non-fraudulent ones.

Like other companies, GiftCards.com is unable to share any details of its fraud screening approach with any customers who have had their orders rejected. We understand it is frustrating that the reason for the security flag cannot be disclosed, however, no one other than our compliance department has access to your personal information. While we are comfortable with the accuracy of our process, we realize that no screening process is perfect and sometimes good people may be impacted.

Since your order was cancelled, the $1 pre-authorization charge will be removed from your bank account. We will refund this today, but your bank may take 3-7 days to credit the dollar back to you.

If you would like to try placing a new order, we encourage you to follow some general recommendations:

• Review your billing information for accuracy
• Provide a mobile phone number
• Use another payment method
• Make sure your billing address is linked to your payment method
• Include the e-mail address that you regularly use

A case has been created in our system for your inquiry and your reference number is ...".

Anybody have a way to get around this? I tried new account with wife's name and AU card on my CIP but same billing address and have the same issue.

Thanks!
Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by j_diggs
Wondering if anybody has run across this. Recently my gc.com orders have been getting instacancelled (although a few got the axe a few hours or even next morning). It looks like i have some sort of shadow ban ala gcm. I even called the gc.com support folk since they're usually somewhat helpful, but they could not offer anything other than their fraud team handles that and they don't know the reasons.

I got an email response at one point stating:

"Thank you for contacting GiftCards.com regarding invoice 6958273.

We are really sorry to know that you could not include the promo code. We will be glad to look into this for you.

According to our records the order was canceled and removed from the system. Our top priority is the satisfaction and security of our customers, this is why we kindly ask you to consider the following:

GiftCards.com uses a multi-layered fraud-screening approach to review every order it receives. This approach involves inputs from several third parties that provide specialized fraud-screening services as well as a variety of internal procedures. The company constantly reviews and calibrates this approach with the sole goal of rejecting fraudulent orders and approving non-fraudulent ones.

Like other companies, GiftCards.com is unable to share any details of its fraud screening approach with any customers who have had their orders rejected. We understand it is frustrating that the reason for the security flag cannot be disclosed, however, no one other than our compliance department has access to your personal information. While we are comfortable with the accuracy of our process, we realize that no screening process is perfect and sometimes good people may be impacted.

Since your order was cancelled, the $1 pre-authorization charge will be removed from your bank account. We will refund this today, but your bank may take 3-7 days to credit the dollar back to you.

If you would like to try placing a new order, we encourage you to follow some general recommendations:

• Review your billing information for accuracy
• Provide a mobile phone number
• Use another payment method
• Make sure your billing address is linked to your payment method
• Include the e-mail address that you regularly use

A case has been created in our system for your inquiry and your reference number is ...".

Anybody have a way to get around this? I tried new account with wife's name and AU card on my CIP but same billing address and have the same issue.

Thanks!
You're probably stuffed if the two bans I've had over the last 6+ years are any indication. After a year or two, I was able to order again. My suggestion is simply to place test orders every few months and check to see if you're still banned.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by farwest101
You're probably stuffed if the two bans I've had over the last 6+ years are any indication. After a year or two, I was able to order again. My suggestion is simply to place test orders every few months and check to see if you're still banned.
What gets someone banned? I was banned from GCM without even placing a single order with them. GCM eventually worked after few months.
Any idea about what triggers it for gc.com? Also is it an account or IP or CC or address ban (or some combination)?
Not OP but asking because I don't want to step on any known landmines.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 5:48 pm

Thx for the info on that. Ya was thinking probably banned...very frustrating. I guess i can hit up GCM but not as appealing given the decreased cashback. Was considering trying to change billing address on my CIP or something to work. Any downside to that?

Originally Posted by rct12345
What gets someone banned? I was banned from GCM without even placing a single order with them. GCM eventually worked after few months.
Any idea about what triggers it for gc.com? Also is it an account or IP or CC or address ban (or some combination)?
Not OP but asking because I don't want to step on any known landmines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.