Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

Giftcards.com (and giftcardmall) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

Check cash back portals to help cover the fees. Around the holidays there is usually free shipping. http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cashback-store/giftcards.com/

Limit 5k/ every 48 hours (2 orders under 2.5k including the fees). However, system will reportedly "error out" if more than two orders are attempted within two days.

Cards must be activated before use. Orders usually arrive in 5-7 days.

Select the free letter on the left instead of paying for a card on the right of the screen to save money.

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have them reissued.

Print Wikipost

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Old Dec 12, 2018, 9:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Sadness, my special predesigned mastercard that gave a desirable payout percentage stopped as of an order from last night. Yazing updated with decreased payout. That was good for a 6 weeks. On the hunt again I guess.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: UR, Marriott, AA, WN, Chick Fil A Red
Does anyone have experience with a private mailbox (ups store) and deliveries from gcc? I'm trying to send deliveries to mine but the order submission page says the address is not recognized.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
Sadness, my special predesigned mastercard that gave a desirable payout percentage stopped as of an order from last night. Yazing updated with decreased payout. That was good for a 6 weeks. On the hunt again I guess.
Me too. Guess its at least a good time to scale back given the holidays always make it difficult for me to do this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
Yup, I got the same thing today. Bummer
Old Dec 13, 2018, 1:31 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I was just getting ready to order.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 5:27 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
7 designs dead, 1 design rises again
j_diggs likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
7 designs dead, 1 design rises again
Yay! I love this game.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:13 am

With the last round (which ended a couple days ago,) the V version was paying the increased rate too, fyi.
j_diggs likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 8:21 pm

Just curious, has anyone ever used the ebates cashback visa at giftcards.com?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 9:43 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
I did during their 2% promo a couple weeks back.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by EarnChurnBurn
Yay! I love this game.
https://www.publicdomainpictures.net...ows-of-candles

John 1:5
Travelz, canyoncar and unphazed like this.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
I did during their 2% promo a couple weeks back.
With their 3% visa card?
Old Dec 16, 2018, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by NeGourmand
Does anyone have experience with a private mailbox (ups store) and deliveries from gcc? I'm trying to send deliveries to mine but the order submission page says the address is not recognized.
I always use Ste instead of Box. So when the address is:

1234 Street Name Unit 9 Box 105
I do
1234 Street Name Ste 9-105

It works for me.

Last edited by ParkALot; Dec 16, 2018 at 8:28 am
Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by ParkALot
I always use Ste instead of Box. So when the address is:

1234 Street Name Unit 9 Box 105
I do
1234 Street Name Ste 9-105

It works for me.
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that and every way I can think of, and after order submission it continues to say that the address is unrecognized.
My UPS store’s address has no suite number, so in theory it should be easier. I’ve tried placing the box number on the address 1 line in several formats, as well as the second line in several formats. I’m wondering if gcc blacklisted this address or something. Simon online works, and I’m going to change my billing address for gcm to try with them (requires large orders to go to billing address.) Otherwise, I guess I’ll have rented a mailbox that won’t get much use for the 6 mos I purchased.
Theres really no way to try an address before renting either. It just goes through or errors out.

Last edited by NeGourmand; Dec 17, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Old Dec 18, 2018, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by NeGourmand

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that and every way I can think of, and after order submission it continues to say that the address is unrecognized.
My UPS stores address has no suite number, so in theory it should be easier. Ive tried placing the box number on the address 1 line in several formats, as well as the second line in several formats. Im wondering if gcc blacklisted this address or something. Simon online works, and Im going to change my billing address for gcm to try with them (requires large orders to go to billing address.) Otherwise, I guess Ill have rented a mailbox that wont get much use for the 6 mos I purchased.
Theres really no way to try an address before renting either. It just goes through or errors out.
Glad Im not the only one. I never could get GCs com to ship to my box even using a verified address. Like you said, no problem with Simon or GCM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.