Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

Giftcards.com (and giftcardmall) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

Check cash back portals to help cover the fees. Around the holidays there is usually free shipping. http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cashback-store/giftcards.com/

Limit 5k/ every 48 hours (2 orders under 2.5k including the fees). However, system will reportedly "error out" if more than two orders are attempted within two days.

Cards must be activated before use. Orders usually arrive in 5-7 days.

Select the free letter on the left instead of paying for a card on the right of the screen to save money.

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have them reissued.

Print Wikipost

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2018, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by lstomberg
LMGTFY

Do they actually pay out a total of 4% for GCM VGCs?
I've been wondering this for quite sometime, if it is, I'm ready to sign up for that card
Old Nov 19, 2018, 6:27 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by abuamirah
I've been wondering this for quite sometime, if it is, I'm ready to sign up for that card
The core FTyers use the GC to get rewards and status. But if earn rate is what you are for, go for the highest payout rate... Free nights have values. You need to think if it is worth the extra 1% or 0.5%.
Prometheus77 likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 5:25 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Received reports of a couple subs: adv ms and lip ships; a few tg channels: c&d tips, gcspend, heavyms and bbmsd; and a slack channel all crowdsourcing data based on the hints I've shared. I appreciate the discretion used by those members, and it is my Prayer that this info stays off public facing sites. I will continue to support the community and those who participate instead of just asking to be spoonfed.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 5:12 am

Programs: Several dozen
Any issues with GCC Custom Visa (Meta) causing POS systems to require you to insert the chip when buying MOs? Had a funny situation with a local plastic recycling center and wondering what is up. Why would a POS demand to insert the chip? Unless maybe the POS is programmed to deny the GCC Custom VISA BIN? Even then the typical response would be a denial, not a request to insert a (nonexistent) chip. Curiouser and curiouser as Alice might say. Using the GCC Custom Visa for a nonPO transaction sailed through normally at this plastic recycling center with a usual slide and PIN.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:52 am

afaik, try inserting three times, then POS usually direct to swipe. Hope this was helpful.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
Received reports of a couple subs: adv ms and lip ships; a few tg channels: c&d tips, gcspend, heavyms and bbmsd; and a slack channel all crowdsourcing data based on the hints I've shared. I appreciate the discretion used by those members, and it is my Prayer that this info stays off public facing sites. I will continue to support the community and those who participate instead of just asking to be spoonfed.
But what about MFS, KTHG, PretendSpend and RCSC? What are they saying about all of this? And have they figured out the AMEX unicorn?
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by horseymen
But what about MFS, KTHG, PretendSpend and RCSC? What are they saying about all of this? And have they figured out the AMEX unicorn?
i can play this game minus the acronyms. What about prepaids that can be loaded with CCs online, DCs that work at the PO, CCs that can load wallets, etc. Lots of unicorns out there. No one is willing to share and neither am I. Tired of things being one-sided. 😏
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by Clueless12

i can play this game minus the acronyms. What about prepaids that can be loaded with CCs online, DCs that work at the PO, CCs that can load wallets, etc. Lots of unicorns out there. No one is willing to share and neither am I. Tired of things being one-sided. 😏
You're my nominee to make manufactured spending great again! Preach on, brother!
Old Dec 1, 2018, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Clueless12

Comments like this make me wish I had something to share 😅 traditional methods work for me.
Clueless12 likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:17 pm

Acme & S&S - autodrain?

A question to the folks in the East: do these MCGCs auto-drain at ACME and S&S? Thanks
Old Dec 2, 2018, 4:48 pm

they have for me in CT/upstate NY. But VGc byVanilla issued by bankcorp do not.
zmicer88 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:24 am

anyone else notice CB not posted for 12/9? This is the latest I've seen it not post as I used 3 accounts.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: UR, Marriott, AA, WN, Chick Fil A Red
Originally Posted by cdog999
anyone else notice CB not posted for 12/9? This is the latest I've seen it not post as I used 3 accounts.
mine posted on tcb and yz already FWIW
Old Dec 10, 2018, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by NeGourmand

mine posted on tcb and yz already FWIW
Thx. False alarm. Just took about 5 hours later than usual to report on yz.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 3:31 pm

Mine was also a bit slow. It hadn't posted when you asked your question but I got the email confirmation maybe ten minutes after I read your post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.