Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

Giftcards.com (and giftcardmall) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

Check cash back portals to help cover the fees. Around the holidays there is usually free shipping. http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cashback-store/giftcards.com/

Limit 5k/ every 48 hours (2 orders under 2.5k including the fees). However, system will reportedly "error out" if more than two orders are attempted within two days.

Cards must be activated before use. Orders usually arrive in 5-7 days.

Select the free letter on the left instead of paying for a card on the right of the screen to save money.

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have them reissued.

Print Wikipost

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2018, 5:46 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
$2000 in cashback or 150k miles? I think I'll stick with the cashback, and not search for a deal on premium cabin. Even without having to purchase a premium cabin ticket I'd probably still take the cash but may be useful for those who aren't sitting on a mountain of AA miles right now. Options are always a good thing. Thanks!
Old Nov 8, 2018, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
Opportunity to earn more than 1 AA mile / dollar spend at gc.com . Spend 100000 with gc.om and fly premium to get 150 k miles. Which is good 1.5 miles / dollar better than other options ( for minority ?)

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...liday-hero.jsp
I am not sure if that would work. If you are referring using the AA shopping portal, it would cap out at 30k per month. Deal expires in December so you could earn 60k partner miles from 60k in GCM purchases.
I do not see AA credit card as a participating partner so putting 100k on the card will not earn you 100k bonus.
60K in purchases would generate 60K AA miles plus 60K in points for the card you are using. I think you would still need to earn 40k more from AA participating partners (Which can be fairly easily done) to get the additional 100k in bonus. Plus actually pay for a flight. I actually would consider this. You can buy any miles you are short to qualify (max 50k).
Actually I already have the flight part covered by using Amex Plat 35% benefit for an AA first calss flight flight. (Less miles than coach!)
This does look complicated though. I like this challenge and I am short on actual AA miles.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:00 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Even if it was possible, you'd be buying over miles at over 1.33cpp. That's not even factoring in the cost of having to buy a premium cabin ticket. If you're willing to pay that much to buy that volume of miles, message me. I also am looking to sell a bridge.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 5:52 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Just a rather dumb question. What is the advantage of using GC instead of GCM? It seems the activation fee at GC is slightly higher than at GCM. I know folks may be over the limits at GCM. Or the portal payout is higher at GC? Thx.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
Even if it was possible, you'd be buying over miles at over 1.33cpp. That's not even factoring in the cost of having to buy a premium cabin ticket. If you're willing to pay that much to buy that volume of miles, message me. I also am looking to sell a bridge.
I don't know how you are getting 1.33cpp. I can get miles plus cash (not assuming cost of airline ticket). I actually have a negative cost per mile.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by RedSun
Just a rather dumb question. What is the advantage of using GC instead of GCM? It seems the activation fee at GC is slightly higher than at GCM. I know folks may be over the limits at GCM. Or the portal payout is higher at GC? Thx.
GC.com allows you to earn miles through a portal instead of cashback.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by RedSun
One of them is MC gift cards that can be used over the phone to pay citi cards.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 1:56 pm

Buying $500 visa gift cards at grocery store triggered citi fraud alert

So I’m starting to get into this whole manufactured spending thing and had a hiccup today. So I purchased a $500 gift card yesterday from my local stop and shop went to wall mart today and got the money order from it. I thought to myself “wow that was easier then I thought it would be” so I got greedy and went to another stop and shop about 5 miles away. Everything went smooth until the citi fraud alert came on my phone and transaction was declined. Uggh. I have a Sears Mastercard that’s giving me 10x back on grocery category right now up to 2500 spent. I figured I could pick up a few more but now I’m scary lol. Is there any way for me to not get the alert again before I go back.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 2:13 pm

Wrong thread.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 2:53 pm

Sorry!
Old Nov 9, 2018, 3:45 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by hi55us
GC.com allows you to earn miles through a portal instead of cashback.
Originally Posted by cashcyclone
One of them is MC gift cards that can be used over the phone to pay citi cards.
Great. Earning miles works for me. Thx.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by chaser123
I don't know how you are getting 1.33cpp. I can get miles plus cash (not assuming cost of airline ticket). I actually have a negative cost per mile.
You are forgoing cash in exchange for miles. You can tell yourself otherwise but you're buying miles.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
You are forgoing cash in exchange for miles. You can tell yourself otherwise but you're buying miles.
You are right. I am choosing miles portal instead of cash back portal. I do debate between getting cash and buying miles with the cash instead. I would pay 1.3 for almost any mileage currency. I do think with airline portal bonuses it is even lower.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist Caesars Wyndham Diamond, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by NeGourmand
Yes

I didn't purchase, but chose that as a redemption option for tcb for the 5% bonus. I previously saw 2% on eGC purchases too, but haven't noticed for a few months. FWIW, the value was greater than $500 too, but I haven't seen a place that sells >$500 evgc that can go through portal (or at all.)
How did visa gift card work on citi payment? I thought only MC gift cards work with citi. No?
Old Nov 10, 2018, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by chaser123
You are right. I am choosing miles portal instead of cash back portal. I do debate between getting cash and buying miles with the cash instead. I would pay 1.3 for almost any mileage currency. I do think with airline portal bonuses it is even lower.
It's pretty clear cut that you are paying over 1.3cpp if you spend 2 seconds and run the numbers. I already provided them for you. In reality, there's a risk it wont work, and you have to purchase a premium ticket which comes at some additional cost I assume. If you're sincerely willing to pay 1.3cpp for miles, boy do I have a deal for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.