Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

Giftcards.com (and giftcardmall) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

Check cash back portals to help cover the fees. Around the holidays there is usually free shipping. http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cashback-store/giftcards.com/

Limit 5k/ every 48 hours (2 orders under 2.5k including the fees). However, system will reportedly "error out" if more than two orders are attempted within two days.

Cards must be activated before use. Orders usually arrive in 5-7 days.

Select the free letter on the left instead of paying for a card on the right of the screen to save money.

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have them reissued.

Print Wikipost

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2018, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by Dumtsing
TCB was tracking 2% for me for almost a week until Sep 15th. On September 15th, I got my first order tracked at 2% as usual. Then I went ahead and ordered the second one. However, it didn't track at all. Today, I made two more orders using the exact method I used before. Still nothing tracked. I couldn't figure out what's in play here. I've been using the same computer, same IP, same browser and same accounts. It's just so weird that TCB stops tracking orders for me.
How much have you done for the month? Maybe you hit the monthly limit
Old Sep 17, 2018, 6:59 pm

Programs: MR, TYP
Originally Posted by Ultraboost
How much have you done for the month? Maybe you hit the monthly limit
I'm well below the 60k limit, 30k in September including the two orders I made today.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 7:11 pm

All my orders are tracking at the expected rate.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 7:13 pm

I'm well below the 60k limit, 30k in September including the two orders I made today.
it's 60K at 1% but only 30k at 2%
Old Sep 17, 2018, 7:14 pm

Where on earth does this 60K limit come from?

All it says is "The maximum amount of cash back you can earn is based on a capped transaction amount of $60,000. If you make a purchase above this amount, you will not be eligible for additional cash back on top of this."

This states pretty clearly a limit of 60K per transaction!! And its very different language from "If an individual consumer spends more than $30K in a month, the additional purchase amounts will be declined for cash back.", which is the language for GCM. So please stop it with the 60K nonsense!
Old Sep 17, 2018, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by cashcyclone
it's 60K at 1% but only 30k at 2%
I'm not talking about the rates. My last 3 orders are not tracking at all, I mean 0%
Old Sep 17, 2018, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by wyogold
Where on earth does this 60K limit come from?

All it says is "The maximum amount of cash back you can earn is based on a capped transaction amount of $60,000. If you make a purchase above this amount, you will not be eligible for additional cash back on top of this."

This states pretty clearly a limit of 60K per transaction!! And its very different language from "If an individual consumer spends more than $30K in a month, the additional purchase amounts will be declined for cash back.", which is the language for GCM. So please stop it with the 60K nonsense!
Okay then. Good to know there is no limit.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 7:20 pm

I'm not talking about the rates. My last 3 orders are not tracking at all, I mean 0%
$60k at 1% = $600, the maximum you can earn from one account. If they paid you 2%, you've reached limit of $600 already by spending only $30K
Old Sep 17, 2018, 7:24 pm

$60k at 1% = $600, the maximum you can earn from one account. If they paid you 2%, you've reached limit of $600 already by spending only $30K
I'm still below the $600 you're referencing since I got a couple $2500 spend tracked at 1% earlier this month.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 7:31 pm

How do you come up with this? I've earned well over 600 per month per account more than once.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: UR, Marriott, AA, WN, Chick Fil A Red
TCB was tracking for me for almost a week until Sep 15th. On September 15th, I got my first order tracked as usual. Then I went ahead and ordered the second one. However, it didn't track at all. Today, I made two more orders using the exact method I used before. Still nothing tracked. I couldn't figure out what's in play here. I've been using the same computer, same IP, same browser and same accounts. It's just so weird that TCB stops tracking orders for me.
I had the same experience on 9/16. The first order tracked at the current improved rate, and second one hasn't tracked at all. I'm below 30k for TCB this month, and have had 7/8 orders track successfully in the past week or so. When placing the second order on 9/16, however, after clicking through TCB portal and logging in to GC, there was a list on the screen of 10 green checkmarks and text that my pin had been changed successfully in individual boxes. Obviously a website error. In retrospect, I should have logged out and tried again later. I plan to wait and then contact TCB for missing tracking if it doesn't show up. Planning to try again.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by NeGourmand
I had the same experience on 9/16. The first order tracked at the current improved rate, and second one hasn't tracked at all. I'm below 30k for TCB this month, and have had 7/8 orders track successfully in the past week or so. When placing the second order on 9/16, however, after clicking through TCB portal and logging in to GC, there was a list on the screen of 10 green checkmarks and text that my pin had been changed successfully in individual boxes. Obviously a website error. In retrospect, I should have logged out and tried again later. I plan to wait and then contact TCB for missing tracking if it doesn't show up. Planning to try again.
Reposting my own post: I've had failure to track because I closed the TCB / GCC windows too soon after submitting the order. I now do everything in a fresh incognito window and toggle back and forth to reload the pages a couple times after submitting the order, and then keep them open for a while, and don't close them until I've gotten the tracking email, which seems to have resulted in consistent tracking. I also don't place a second order until the first one is showing as tracking, placing a second order too soon seems to have caused problems in the past where the system couldn't distinguish between two orders close together.

Last edited by wyogold; Sep 17, 2018 at 9:49 pm
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:52 pm

I hadn't had any TCB orders track since 9/10. I have the same routine for placing the orders as I've done for awhile. As a test, I did leave the completed order window open for roughly 10 minutes before closing it. I did place the second order right after, so that might be why, but it is odd that it would just stop all of a sudden when my flow has been the same and it had tracked numerous times previously
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by weather3369
I hadn't had any TCB orders track since 9/10. I have the same routine for placing the orders as I've done for awhile. As a test, I did leave the completed order window open for roughly 10 minutes before closing it. I did place the second order right after, so that might be why, but it is odd that it would just stop all of a sudden when my flow has been the same and it had tracked numerous times previously
I keep both the TCB and GCC windows open. I really don't know what all goes on tracking cookies wise, and most of it may well be raindance, but I know that I haven't had a missing track since I started doing this. It ain't stupid if it works.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:13 pm

Same, I did have both open, for clarification. Though, I could have tried waiting longer before placing order #2 . I do see the 'clicks to merchant' so I will most likely just be opening an inquiry if it doesn't end up showing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.