Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

Giftcards.com (and giftcardmall) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

Check cash back portals to help cover the fees. Around the holidays there is usually free shipping. http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cashback-store/giftcards.com/

Limit 5k/ every 48 hours (2 orders under 2.5k including the fees). However, system will reportedly "error out" if more than two orders are attempted within two days.

Cards must be activated before use. Orders usually arrive in 5-7 days.

Select the free letter on the left instead of paying for a card on the right of the screen to save money.

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have them reissued.

Print Wikipost

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2018, 9:23 am

delete

Last edited by weather3369; Sep 14, 2018 at 10:22 am
Old Sep 14, 2018, 9:51 pm

Programs: DL, BA, AA
Tried to use the Mastercard at WM and was unable. Unlike VISA cards that come activated and ready to use, the Mastercards require activation. An extra and time consuming step.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 6:49 am

Visa has never come activated before.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by worldtravels
Tried to use the Mastercard at WM and was unable. Unlike VISA cards that come activated and ready to use, the Mastercards require activation. An extra and time consuming step.
GiftCards.com always requires you to activate each of their cards. You are probably thinking of GCM.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 1:40 pm

Deliveries from Louisville require signature?

I got a notice from USPS that delivery was attempted but I was home, uggh.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 1:42 pm

Just had that happen today--also at home, no knock.

I've noticed that they send Priority Mail Express if they are a day or so late getting it out the door. Those always require a sig which means a trip to the Post Office.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 2:20 pm

what's interesting is my mail has not been delivered and there is no notice!
Old Sep 15, 2018, 2:32 pm

from Louisville, no signature, delivered today
Old Sep 15, 2018, 9:14 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by lstomberg
GiftCards.com always requires you to activate each of their cards. You are probably thinking of GCM.
Changing the pin at GC.com automatically activates the cards too.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by lumangoy
what's interesting is my mail has not been delivered and there is no notice!
That's not interesting, it's concerning.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by pharmawalk
Changing the pin at GC.com automatically activates the cards too.
So you routinely activate as a one step process (change PIN) rather than a two step process (first activate, then change PIN)?

I wasn't smart enough to figure that out. If that will work, that will eliminate a bunch of clicks.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
So you routinely activate as a one step process (change PIN) rather than a two step process (first activate, then change PIN)?

I wasn't smart enough to figure that out. If that will work, that will eliminate a bunch of clicks.
That's what I do and it works great.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 2:43 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by devastitis
0/4 tracking since Sunday even when using incognito mode. Just wasn’t meant to be. Sticking with Yz and BF exclusively.
nothing is tracking for me as well. quite frustrating. never had an issue with them before, and have done very large volume. i will have to keep testing to figure out what's tripping things up. using incognito chrome browser with no extensions installed has worked for me in the past.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by pharmawalk
That's not interesting, it's concerning.
received my notice when I got home and picked up my envelope at PO this morning.

It does say signature required on envelope.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 6:27 pm

Programs: MR, TYP
Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
nothing is tracking for me as well. quite frustrating. never had an issue with them before, and have done very large volume. i will have to keep testing to figure out what's tripping things up. using incognito chrome browser with no extensions installed has worked for me in the past.
TCB was tracking for me for almost a week until Sep 15th. On September 15th, I got my first order tracked as usual. Then I went ahead and ordered the second one. However, it didn't track at all. Today, I made two more orders using the exact method I used before. Still nothing tracked. I couldn't figure out what's in play here. I've been using the same computer, same IP, same browser and same accounts. It's just so weird that TCB stops tracking orders for me.

Last edited by Dumtsing; Sep 17, 2018 at 7:01 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.