Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

Giftcards.com (and giftcardmall) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

Check cash back portals to help cover the fees. Around the holidays there is usually free shipping. http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cashback-store/giftcards.com/

Limit 5k/ every 48 hours (2 orders under 2.5k including the fees). However, system will reportedly "error out" if more than two orders are attempted within two days.

Cards must be activated before use. Orders usually arrive in 5-7 days.

Select the free letter on the left instead of paying for a card on the right of the screen to save money.

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have them reissued.

Print Wikipost

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2018, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by gw14
Did not get reversal on transaction for 5/1 and 5/4. All May transactions are pending.

Did it go from pending to reversed?

I've kept it under 60k per month, pretty sure it was under 60k rolling.
what does reversed mean? not payable?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: Lots
Did not get reversal on transaction for 5/1 and 5/4. All May transactions are pending.

Went from pending to reversed. I received an email saying I earned x amount in cashback, but it was half as much as I was expecting. And it said the status of one of my cashback transactions was "reversed." I put in an inquiry for it.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: MR, SPG, UR

So it's 60k per calendar month, not rolling days?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 8:19 pm
CDO
Suspended

Originally Posted by MusicalMind
So it's 60k per calendar month, not rolling days?
supposedly
Old Jun 18, 2018, 7:27 pm

Started placing orders 2 weeks ago under P2 and had 4 orders approved, each for 2k+fees. Every other day or so. Now GC .com is canceling all of my orders. Chase sees no issues on their end. I've tried using my own account (same billing addy but different card (in my name), email, phone, etc.). Neither myself nor P2 ever got a verification call. All orders are canceled almost immediately now, except I have my first one stuck on "Processing..." from last week... Even P2's new orders are canceled. Chat reps are useless and their "tips" clearly don't work at all and refuse to investigate... Anyone know if I have any other option besides just not ordering from them anymore?
Old Jun 18, 2018, 8:43 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Just wonder what the benefits are with starting a new Flyer ID? weather3369 seems an expert, but just a new ID. I'm still new to this. Good to hide the history and identity? Just curious....
Old Jun 18, 2018, 8:50 pm

Programs: MR, SPG, UR
Quick question here regarding using GC.com Mastercard GC to buy money order, I was buying a money order as usual at my local grocery store. Somehow their money order machine got stuck while printing. The cashier couldn't figure it out and issued me a refund, ie by asking me to swiping cards again. I thought the money would go back to my card immediately. However, I just checked the balance of my card after I came back and it was 0. Does it take several days for the money to be back to card? Anyone else have any experience regarding money order refund? I don't know if I should go to the store tomorrow. I do have the receipt showing the refund.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 10:12 pm

Never posted on this site before, but have been on the reddit churning page for almost 8 months or so. Saw there was a thread here directly for GCC so was hoping to get some tips as to how to get orders through again
Old Jun 19, 2018, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by weather3369
Started placing orders 2 weeks ago under P2 and had 4 orders approved, each for 2k+fees. Every other day or so. Now GC .com is canceling all of my orders. Chase sees no issues on their end. I've tried using my own account (same billing addy but different card (in my name), email, phone, etc.). Neither myself nor P2 ever got a verification call. All orders are canceled almost immediately now, except I have my first one stuck on "Processing..." from last week... Even P2's new orders are canceled. Chat reps are useless and their "tips" clearly don't work at all and refuse to investigate... Anyone know if I have any other option besides just not ordering from them anymore?
Have you tried calling them?

Quick question here regarding using GC.com Mastercard GC to buy money order, I was buying a money order as usual at my local grocery store. Somehow their money order machine got stuck while printing. The cashier couldn't figure it out and issued me a refund, ie by asking me to swiping cards again. I thought the money would go back to my card immediately. However, I just checked the balance of my card after I came back and it was 0. Does it take several days for the money to be back to card? Anyone else have any experience regarding money order refund? I don't know if I should go to the store tomorrow. I do have the receipt showing the refund.
It's a refund just like any refund to a credit card or debit card and those always take a few days.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 5:59 pm

as to WU issued MO at the grocery store, one time the machine messed up and receipt already printed, the cash manager gave me cash refund just like WM does. Since they asked you to swipe your DC for refund, give it up to 5, max of 7 business days to check your balance. If your card still has zero balance, it's time to see the store's cash manager.

Never posted on this site before, but have been on the reddit churning page for almost 8 months or so. Saw there was a thread here directly for GCC so was hoping to get some tips as to how to get orders through again
I'm familiar with GCM bans w/o rhyme or reason, but not GCC so what you can do for now is lay low for up to 3 months or longer before you order again. Other than that, I knew it didn't help to call GCM then so it'll be the same with GCC.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 8:59 pm

Thanks, I will try that. I did chat with a couple reps and didn't get far, so was planning on calling tomorrow as well, when I actually have a few minutes to do so
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:25 am

Thanks, I will try that. I did chat with a couple reps and didn't get far, so was planning on calling tomorrow as well, when I actually have a few minutes to do so
no particular reason on why people get banned. I was band a few years ago. speaking with the reps gets you no where. Simon mall is much easier to deal with if you one in your area.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: Lots
Please don’t contact your credit card company about this..
Old Jun 20, 2018, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by devastitis
Went from pending to reversed. I received an email saying I earned x amount in cashback, but it was half as much as I was expecting. And it said the status of one of my cashback transactions was "reversed." I put in an inquiry for it.
Did you get an answer as to why it was reversed?
Old Jun 21, 2018, 7:57 am

I've made 5 orders to Giftcards.com through the Yazing portal. The clicks showed up on the Yazing dashboard but the transactions are nowhere to be found. Is this typical? Does it take a long time? It's been over two weeks and I've also submitted a missing transaction ticket but no response in the last week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.