Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

Giftcards.com (and giftcardmall) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

Check cash back portals to help cover the fees. Around the holidays there is usually free shipping. http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cashback-store/giftcards.com/

Limit 5k/ every 48 hours (2 orders under 2.5k including the fees). However, system will reportedly "error out" if more than two orders are attempted within two days.

Cards must be activated before use. Orders usually arrive in 5-7 days.

Select the free letter on the left instead of paying for a card on the right of the screen to save money.

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have them reissued.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2017, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

I keep getting this error on GC.com:

You have already met your spending limit on eGifts for the day.
But it's been more than 24 hours since my last order! When does the clock "for the day" resets and I can order again? For me it's like almost 40 hours. Anyone have experience with that restriction?
Old Jan 1, 2018, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by AnInfrequentFlyer
I see the 1.25% but it also tracked at 1% for me.
Several of the portals have been offering 1.25% on GC.com MC purchases for the past five weeks -- and they're still tracking at only 1%. You have to request the missing cashback to receive the differential -- a PITA for only $6 more per 2.5K order.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 3:44 pm

Does anyone know if the 30k limit for cashback is per portal or per GC.com account? Thanks!
Old Jan 5, 2018, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by tanzaniancane
Does anyone know if the 30k limit for cashback is per portal or per GC.com account? Thanks!
Was told by one of the portals it is per person (I assume GC.com account), not portal.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:34 pm

Can anyone confirm that MCs sold by GC.com can be liquidated at WM with the Cancel/Change to Debit hack?
Thanks,
JCD
Old Jan 6, 2018, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
Can anyone confirm that MCs sold by GC.com can be liquidated at WM with the Cancel/Change to Debit hack?
My last transaction with MCGC from GCcom was last month and it was a PITA to drain them via split tender. For whatever reasons, even when I pressed the green Debit button, the next screen came up to signature screen on the first card. I decided to load it to reloadable prepaids $500 at a time and with the cancel hack, I finally succeeded. I do not usually order MCGCs unless there are random offers that come up but with my experience, I will just stick to Visas that are quicker to drain via split tender.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:57 pm

Can you please explain, or point to a link that does, how does the cancel hack work? I tried to search the topic but found no info. Many thanks!

Last edited by Dracula; Jan 7, 2018 at 11:13 am
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:23 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by abcpp

But it's been more than 24 hours since my last order! When does the clock "for the day" resets and I can order again? For me it's like almost 40 hours. Anyone have experience with that restriction?
I'm getting the same, but I ordered less than 24 hours ago. I thought it reset at midnight ET?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:08 pm

was able to place a large order on GCM this morning and at lunch time, tried to stretch my luck and ordered the max at GCcom and it went through! I will not place another order until I get notified any of these 2 have been shipped. It has slowed me a lot but I'll keep on trying to find a loophole that works to get orders through.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by abcpp

Kind of glad the portals instituted a 30k payout limit. It has been frustrating ordering from gc.com
Old Jan 12, 2018, 6:12 am

Before 12/1/2017, I could order up to $2.5K twice a day up to rolling 30 days but since the portals instituted the $30K cap which probably applies to all online VGC merchants per account/address, I had trouble getting in two orders per day with GCC; at least from experience, they didn't put a hold for days/weeks on pending charges so the large amount didn't tie up my CL. GCM is notorious for holding on to pending charges for transactions they reject/cancel and we're just at their mercy and CCs are of no help either.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 11:47 am

Got Zero Dollar Transaction on Yazing for orders yesterday. Below 30K for the month on the account.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 9:34 am

Has anyone gotten cash back the past couple of days? Used an account yesterday with a different billing and shipping address and cash back account and am well under 30k for the past 45 days and got a zero dollars transaction.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 10:41 am

Still no issues here. Just placed an order this am through TCB and it is showing correct tracking info.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by billybobson1402
Still no issues here. Just placed an order this am through TCB and it is showing correct tracking info.
Can you provide additional details? How much in orders have you done in January? If over 30K do you use different accounts/ addresses etc?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.