Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

Giftcards.com (and giftcardmall) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

Check cash back portals to help cover the fees. Around the holidays there is usually free shipping. http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cashback-store/giftcards.com/

Limit 5k/ every 48 hours (2 orders under 2.5k including the fees). However, system will reportedly "error out" if more than two orders are attempted within two days.

Cards must be activated before use. Orders usually arrive in 5-7 days.

Select the free letter on the left instead of paying for a card on the right of the screen to save money.

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have them reissued.

Print Wikipost

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:35 pm

Guys...usually it will track on its own within a week. Also please order, 1 at a time for better tracking . It doesnt hurt to wait for an hr ( Usually will get the tracking mail within an hr ) before the 2nd order .Dont bring unnecessary attention and spoil the good run.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 7:27 am

Data point, my 2 orders didn't track yesterday, but they had been for the previous 4 days.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:29 am

dunno what to say, I just placed an order a little over an hour ago, and it tracked with TCB
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by lumangoy
dunno what to say, I just placed an order a little over an hour ago, and it tracked with TCB
Mine tracked today so it looks like I just had an issue with yesterday. Usual quirkiness with TCB. Will wait a week to see if it comes naturally.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: AA EXP
Daily/Monthly Limit and two accounts at one address

Are there data points on how GC.com handles multiple accounts delivering to the same address (different name and cards)?

After taking my DW on her first MS-funded vacation, she's decided that maybe MS'ing isn't a shady, questionably legal thing. She wants to do some MS'ing to top up her status-earning CC's, and I'm wondering how the daily and monthly limits will be applied to combined purchases. It's rare for me to do more than 20k/month with GC.com -- but it's possible that we might hit 30k as a household -- and we could certainly exceed the daily limit if it's applied per household
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by cdog999
Mine tracked today so it looks like I just had an issue with yesterday. Usual quirkiness with TCB. Will wait a week to see if it comes naturally.
No problems at any time in the last month or so. 100% tracking, including Yday and today
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:58 pm

I will add to the chorus that I tracked fine yesterday
Old Sep 18, 2018, 4:40 pm

Deleted.

Last edited by svasandani; Sep 18, 2018 at 9:04 pm
Old Sep 18, 2018, 5:07 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
I realized what my problem is. If you put in more than X amount of orders in a day, no more will track until it resets. If you're not a HH it won't affect you. Tested across 5 accounts and the number X has been consistent. Hopefully that's helpful for anyone else having orders stop tracking suddenly.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 5:18 pm

DELETED

Last edited by tontod; Sep 19, 2018 at 8:58 am Reason: Editing info
Old Sep 18, 2018, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by svasandani
Are all of you tracking consistently?
Discretion, please.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:09 pm

Any and all tracking can be consistent if orders are placed with some space in-between
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
I realized what my problem is. If you put in more than X amount of orders in a day, no more will track until it resets. If you're not a HH it won't affect you. Tested across 5 accounts and the number X has been consistent. Hopefully that's helpful for anyone else having orders stop tracking suddenly.
Why would you submit more than 2 or 3 orders per day? This would just cost more in shipping, no?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by jeffeverde
Are there data points on how GC.com handles multiple accounts delivering to the same address (different name and cards)?

After taking my DW on her first MS-funded vacation, she's decided that maybe MS'ing isn't a shady, questionably legal thing. She wants to do some MS'ing to top up her status-earning CC's, and I'm wondering how the daily and monthly limits will be applied to combined purchases. It's rare for me to do more than 20k/month with GC.com -- but it's possible that we might hit 30k as a household -- and we could certainly exceed the daily limit if it's applied per household
Ain't no 30k limit.

2 accounts with same shipping address will hit the crappy 5k per 2 days limit (1 day but GCC can't count). My alt account ships to my work address. Shipping can be different from billing
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by jeffeverde

Also daily limit is hard, you cannot exceed it. Order will not be processed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.