Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

Giftcards.com (and giftcardmall) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

Check cash back portals to help cover the fees. Around the holidays there is usually free shipping. http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cashback-store/giftcards.com/

Limit 5k/ every 48 hours (2 orders under 2.5k including the fees). However, system will reportedly "error out" if more than two orders are attempted within two days.

Cards must be activated before use. Orders usually arrive in 5-7 days.

Select the free letter on the left instead of paying for a card on the right of the screen to save money.

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have them reissued.

Print Wikipost

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2018, 6:44 pm

Programs: mileageplus
MCGCs At GC.com

has anyone bought Mastercard gift cards from giftcards.com and try to churn them at Walmart? Does it work the same as VGC? Concerned about the change—
Old May 1, 2018, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by Danielle Drummond
has anyone bought Mastercard gift cards from giftcards.com and try to churn drain/liquidate them at Walmart? Does it work the same as VGC? Concerned about the change—
read the wiki
Old May 2, 2018, 5:49 am

How soon do orders usually track with yazing?

my order yesterday has not tracked
Old May 2, 2018, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by lumangoy

but yesterday was May 1st, and the cash back ended after April 30, so even if it tracks with Yazing it'll be $0. At least it's my understanding, unless something changed.
Old May 2, 2018, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by in4tar
but yesterday was May 1st, and the cash back ended after April 30, so even if it tracks with Yazing it'll be $0. At least it's my understanding, unless something changed.
I ordered a MCGC. Only VGCs ended April 30.

MCGCs actually increased from 1.25 to 1.5 with Yazing.
Old May 2, 2018, 7:40 am

I ordered a MCGC. Only VGCs ended April 30.

MCGCs actually increased from 1.25 to 1.5 with Yazing.
I think many would buy the MCGC to use to make debit payments over the phone with C1t1 and other banks. One card per day. Not sure if that still works now the MCGC are issued by Meta. I should be receiving my MCGC order soon. I think the pin will be the last 4 digits, but I am not sure.

MCGC also run as credit at WM so you have to swipe the card, then hit the button for cancel or change payment and select debit before the CSR enters the amount and hits enter.
Old May 2, 2018, 7:43 am

The next morning I get the email. They're definitely not within hours like TCB.
Old May 2, 2018, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Travelz
I think many would buy the MCGC to use to make debit payments over the phone with C1t1 and other banks. One card per day. Not sure if that still works now the MCGC are issued by Meta. I should be receiving my MCGC order soon. I think the pin will be the last 4 digits, but I am not sure.

MCGC also run as credit at WM so you have to swipe the card, then hit the button for cancel or change payment and select debit before the CSR enters the amount and hits enter.
I know about the change payment at my WM. Even though this is my 1st order with GCC, I am confident it will work.
Old May 2, 2018, 10:55 am

I know about the change payment at my WM. Even though this is my 1st order with GCC, I am confident it will work.
Can you do split transactions with this method? I have many very MS friendly WM's near me, but obviously before the GC and GCM portal shutdown, there was no need to experiment with MCGC. About to place first order after much reading on the WM work around.
Old May 2, 2018, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by shoeie
Can you do split transactions with this method?
Yes.

I bought almost 4O MCGCs at $tapl3$ last week!
Old May 2, 2018, 11:29 am

I think many would buy the MCGC to use to make debit payments over the phone with C1t1 and other banks. One card per day. Not sure if that still works now the MCGC are issued by Meta.
The last time I was able to use MCGCs to pay C1t via phone rep was back in July 2017 with the last batch of MCGCs I received issued by Bancorp. Since the transition to Meta, they were rejected for phone payments to C1t.
Old May 2, 2018, 7:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mamibear
The last time I was able to use MCGCs to pay C1t via phone rep was back in July 2017 with the last batch of MCGCs I received issued by Bancorp. Since the transition to Meta, they were rejected for phone payments to C1t.

Yeah its been a while since that worked. Walmart trick works fine and have used it many times. I did an order at SBC and it tracked at 1.25%.
Old May 2, 2018, 7:33 pm
Suspended

Oh btw sbc says cb pending till july....!
Old May 2, 2018, 9:12 pm

Up until now I had no need to use MCGC. And even in theory I know how they work at WM, I've never tried this workaround. What if I use MCGC on my final swipe (let's say I swiped 3 x $500 VGC and the remaining $500 I am using MCGC) - in that case, do I still have to hit that cancel button before the CSR enters $500 - OR - because it's the final swipe, it should go through without that manipulation?
I am just afraid I won't be fast enough (or maybe CSR would be faster than me) to use 4 x $500 of MCGC with this workaround...
Old May 2, 2018, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by in4tar
Up until now I had no need to use MCGC. And even in theory I know how they work at WM, I've never tried this workaround. What if I use MCGC on my final swipe (let's say I swiped 3 x $500 VGC and the remaining $500 I am using MCGC) - in that case, do I still have to hit that cancel button before the CSR enters $500 - OR - because it's the final swipe, it should go through without that manipulation?
I am just afraid I won't be fast enough (or maybe CSR would be faster than me) to use 4 x $500 of MCGC with this workaround...
at my WM, I always ask to swipe first if I have MCGCs.

You still need to change payment even if last.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.