Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

When reporting/posting here please give as many details as you can or you will be asked for it anyways. Copy and paste the text below and alter as needed.

1. SHUTdn by Bank, Credit Card info. (@m3x, chs3 ,c1t1 and brcl@y)
2. Length of account before closure and CL?
3. Average monthly account balance checking and savings?
4. Volume of ms per month and how many months?
5. Cycle CL?
6. Did you BP using both options?
- BP by issuing bank (@m3x, chs3, c1t1 and brcl@y)
- BP by Vis/MC
7. Did you spell out the bank's full name in an internet forum?
Print Wikipost

2018 Shutdown Thread

Old Jan 25, 2018, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Ultraboost
That "someone" sounds like lumangoy, the OP.
yup!
Old Jan 25, 2018, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy
yup!
Well, that explains the flag/trigger for the review. Not comforting to you at this point, but good to know for all of us, you included, that that is what triggered the review. Good luck with trying to reinstate it and let us know how it goes, seems many people have had success.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:50 pm

I was apparently shutdown by Synchronee on my c@thay card.
All I did was make minimum purchases to get bonus...mostly via kiva loans, which I'm realizing might not have been as safe as I thought due to paypal/synchrony relationship I didn't know about.
Shut down when 3rd statement should have arrived.

Not very familiar with this bank, but I should be entitled to annual fee back or something, no? Not sure if can access points either which posted a month ago on credit card login site.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:28 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
I was apparently shutdown by Synchronee on my c@thay card.
All I did was make minimum purchases to get bonus...mostly via kiva loans, which I'm realizing might not have been as safe as I thought due to paypal/synchrony relationship I didn't know about.
Shut down when 3rd statement should have arrived.

Not very familiar with this bank, but I should be entitled to annual fee back or something, no? Not sure if can access points either which posted a month ago on credit card login site.
Your already posted miles would have went to your AsiaMiles a/c so should still be able to get them even if the CC is shut down
Old Jan 26, 2018, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by soy
Your already posted miles would have went to your AsiaMiles a/c so should still be able to get them even if the CC is shut down
Not getting very far, but it looks like my credit card was shut down because my asia miles membership was terminated. It looks like I'm out of luck?
Old Jan 26, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Not getting very far, but it looks like my credit card was shut down because my asia miles membership was terminated. It looks like I'm out of luck?
Why was your Asia Miles Membership terminated?
Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:14 pm

my asia miles membership was terminated
Sounds like someone was selling miles / award tickets and got caught ...
Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by wyogold
Sounds like someone was selling miles / award tickets and got caught ...
That's what it sounds like to me too, however making it more interesting is that this is the first time I've ever had points in Asia Miles, and I didn't attempt to sell them, so clearly my reputation precedes me?
Old Jan 26, 2018, 11:24 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
That's what it sounds like to me too, however making it more interesting is that this is the first time I've ever had points in Asia Miles, and I didn't attempt to sell them, so clearly my reputation precedes me?
asia Miles have no known history of closing down new members on spec, you gotta have redeemed something to incur their wrath.

think of AM's shutdown model as a honey trap.

Last edited by percysmith; Jan 26, 2018 at 11:50 pm
Old Jan 26, 2018, 11:25 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
(if this was from synchrony) I think synchrony lied to you

maybe they had to - they filed an SAR on you.

check whether your AM account is still open, I don't think synchrony can ask your AM account be shut down.

Last edited by percysmith; Jan 26, 2018 at 11:51 pm
Old Jan 27, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: Far too many
How long after a shutdown would it make sense to wait before making a new Ch@s3 card app?
Old Jan 27, 2018, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by travel light
How long after a shutdown would it make sense to wait before making a new Ch@s3 card app?
From a lot of DPs I've read including experiences of some bloggers, 3 CCs that they can't get into for a long time are C1ti, Ch@s3 and C@p1 although new reports I've read about the last CC is they'll accept new applications from customers they shut down a year ago but it doesn't take long before they close the new account. Some have gotten their sign up bonus b4 they get shut down, others were still working on the MSR when they found out their accounts were closed without notice.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 4:17 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
I'll just mention this as well: most shutdowns seem to occur with peeps churning points that impact the actual source of the points. Take it for what you will and I will not expound upon this any further.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by percysmith

asia Miles have no known history of closing down new members on spec, you gotta have redeemed something to incur their wrath.

think of AM's shutdown model as a honey trap.
Well I didn't redeem any asia miles. I got the credit card a few months ago and just got the bonus miles last month. It was the first time I had used the program.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
From a lot of DPs I've read including experiences of some bloggers, 3 CCs that they can't get into for a long time are C1ti, Ch@s3 and C@p1 although new reports I've read about the last CC is they'll accept new applications from customers they shut down a year ago but it doesn't take long before they close the new account. Some have gotten their sign up bonus b4 they get shut down, others were still working on the MSR when they found out their accounts were closed without notice.
Add BofA to your list.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.